Aerocurrent/Advanced LED - CH9 Jack Fem - Double Scrog

DSCF04964.JPG

Ronnie, looking great. I have a question.

You have SOOO much space in that room, but you're containing your plants to that small cage. Why not open it up a bit? I think you're losing a lot of potential yield between the lower and upper screen. If you made your top screen a couple feet wider than the bottom, you could really spread it out more and get more bud.

I don't know the exact size of that screen, but lets say it's 3' x 6'. You could make your top screen 5' x 7'.

Ronnie, looking great. I have a question.

You have SOOO much space in that room, but you're containing your plants to that small cage. Why not open it up a bit? I think you're losing a lot of potential yield between the lower and upper screen. If you made your top screen a couple feet wider than the bottom, you could really spread it out more and get more bud.

I don't know the exact size of that screen, but lets say it's 3' x 6'. You could make your top screen 5' x 7'.

Hey Capn, thanks for swinging by. the top screen is 3' x 7' . I plan to defoliate in a week or so to allow light to penetrate to the area between screens , but that sounds like a good idea.
the lower screen has to be that size so I can get around to all areas of the plants , but the top screen could be bigger like 4 x 8 and still allow me the access to the plants. then I could use the top screen to spread more during the stretch. :)

have to try that next round :thanks:

I saw you post in my journal and wondered why I didn't see your journal on my cp. There's a new one! :thumb:

Your plants look great. I agree with making the top screen larger. Kinda like how tomato cages get bigger on top.

Since I know you don't mind questions, here's a bunch
What prompted the switch from beneficial to sterile?
You stop CO2 during stretch to minimize stretch?
Will you turn it back on after stretch?
What is the Reverse for?

I'll second the Capn on AK48. That's one of the strains I'm working with. It's a great growing plant. Clones well. Huge yielder, Beautiful bud structure. Awesome trichs. Great smoke! I plan to pop some more of my seeds here soon, but for at least the next couple crops, that strain will be well represented. :thumb:

I saw you post in my journal and wondered why I didn't see your journal on my cp. There's a new one! :thumb:

Your plants look great. I agree with making the top screen larger. Kinda like how tomato cages get bigger on top.

Since I know you don't mind questions, here's a bunch
What prompted the switch from beneficial to sterile?
You stop CO2 during stretch to minimize stretch?
Will you turn it back on after stretch?
What is the Reverse for?

I'll second the Capn on AK48. That's one of the strains I'm working with. It's a great growing plant. Clones well. Huge yielder, Beautiful bud structure. Awesome trichs. Great smoke! I plan to pop some more of my seeds here soon, but for at least the next couple crops, that strain will be well represented. :thumb:

hey there Hiker , glad you made it over :) I posted the link in your journal , I guess you missed it.

I really like the Capn's idea to make the top screen bigger. easy to do :)

the reason I switch from bennys to sterile in flower is because of the high D.O. levels in my system.
in flower when I use bennys and other products like heavy 16 prime enhancer and botanicare Sweet raw it creates a microbe breeding explosion. which in turn causes fast ph fluctuations. also now the plants roots are competing for O2 with the exploding microbe population.
by the time I get to flower (usually 45 - 60 days veg) the root systems are very large.
so in order to use my additives I have to take the benny's out of the equation.
the zone does that for me and also cleans up the system.

today I'm doing a res change and instead of zone I'm going to use cannazym to clean up the roots before the plants deal with their heavy feedings. then I will go back to zone to the end.

yes I stopped enriching co2 to limit my stretch and I will begin enriching again when stretch is over.

reverse is a product to help keep male flowers from forming on female plants. two foliar doses , once 7 days into flowering and again 10 days later.
I use this product because I grow from feminized seeds.

really glad to see your new additions and led panels really nice job :thumb:

res change today , used cannazym instead of zone . other additives - protekt silicone, heavy fire bloom booster, sweet raw , heavy prime

ppms 670 ph 5.8

root shots

DSCF04974.JPG

DSCF04986.JPG

DSCF04996.JPG

DSCF05005.JPG

DSCF05016.JPG

DSCF05024.JPG

hey there Hiker , glad you made it over :) I posted the link in your journal , I guess you missed it.

I really like the Capn's idea to make the top screen bigger. easy to do :)

the reason I switch from bennys to sterile in flower is because of the high D.O. levels in my system.
in flower when I use bennys and other products like heavy 16 prime enhancer and botanicare Sweet raw it creates a microbe breeding explosion. which in turn causes fast ph fluctuations. also now the plants roots are competing for O2 with the exploding microbe population.
by the time I get to flower (usually 45 - 60 days veg) the root systems are very large.
so in order to use my additives I have to take the benny's out of the equation.
the zone does that for me and also cleans up the system.

today I'm doing a res change and instead of zone I'm going to use cannazym to clean up the roots before the plants deal with their heavy feedings. then I will go back to zone to the end.

yes I stopped enriching co2 to limit my stretch and I will begin enriching again when stretch is over.

reverse is a product to help keep male flowers from forming on female plants. two foliar doses , once 7 days into flowering and again 10 days later.
I use this product because I grow from feminized seeds.

really glad to see your new additions and led panels really nice job :thumb:

Thanks for the detailed responses you always provide. I really appreciate it. :Namaste:

That makes a lot of sense about bene vs sterile. At first you're tryign to build a lot of roots, then you just want them to do their job well without any competition. I totally get it. My buckets are only ~2g, so I get away with sterile the whole grow. I love DM Zone. I do plan to build, or maybe buy, a 5g based system. I'm considering something like yours, but I'm probably gonna go with the flood drain style I have now, just bigger.

I run Hygrozyme all the time. Sometimes I question it since it's the most expensive ingredient I use. It does go pretty far, but it's over $100 a gallon! I think Cannazyme is pretty similar. Makes sense to use it for one res change to clean things up a little. I know I can use Zone with Hygrozyme. You might be able to use it with yours too. Are you letting the roots have a last little taste of the microbe poop? lol

I thought that's why you stopped the gas. I'm just going into stretch and had the same thought, but I haven't even been gassing yet as I just got my room sealed back up. I have been trying to dial it in to ~1000ppm, but I keep seeing max readings waaaay too high so I turned it off last night. Will you run your CO2 for the rest of the duration?

hmmmm... interesting on the Reverse. I know I saw someone talk about it once before, but I thought it had something to do with making feminized seeds. So it's sort of a preventative measure? Would it worked on regular females too? I kinda like the idea of hermie insurance!

Funny you mention the LEDs... One of my bulbs went out this week, and LEDs are so cheap now, I'm having trouble justifying the bulbs. Since one went out, I know at least one other will be right behind it. $200 is a big chunk of the cost of new LED panels. Of course that was based on what my shop sells them for ($120). I can get them for $30-60 online I think. Anyway, I think I'm still going to take out my HPS and finish the whole area in LED now. ssshhh don't tell anyone yet since I haven't pulled the trigger. :winkyface:

Your roots look fantastic as always. Now that my build is settling into flower, maybe I'll get time to take some root pics.

Thanks for the detailed responses you always provide. I really appreciate it. :Namaste:

That makes a lot of sense about bene vs sterile. At first you're tryign to build a lot of roots, then you just want them to do their job well without any competition. I totally get it. My buckets are only ~2g, so I get away with sterile the whole grow. I love DM Zone. I do plan to build, or maybe buy, a 5g based system. I'm considering something like yours, but I'm probably gonna go with the flood drain style I have now, just bigger.

I run Hygrozyme all the time. Sometimes I question it since it's the most expensive ingredient I use. It does go pretty far, but it's over $100 a gallon! I think Cannazyme is pretty similar. Makes sense to use it for one res change to clean things up a little. I know I can use Zone with Hygrozyme. You might be able to use it with yours too. Are you letting the roots have a last little taste of the microbe poop? lol

I thought that's why you stopped the gas. I'm just going into stretch and had the same thought, but I haven't even been gassing yet as I just got my room sealed back up. I have been trying to dial it in to ~1000ppm, but I keep seeing max readings waaaay too high so I turned it off last night. Will you run your CO2 for the rest of the duration?

hmmmm... interesting on the Reverse. I know I saw someone talk about it once before, but I thought it had something to do with making feminized seeds. So it's sort of a preventative measure? Would it worked on regular females too? I kinda like the idea of hermie insurance!

Funny you mention the LEDs... One of my bulbs went out this week, and LEDs are so cheap now, I'm having trouble justifying the bulbs. Since one went out, I know at least one other will be right behind it. $200 is a big chunk of the cost of new LED panels. Of course that was based on what my shop sells them for ($120). I can get them for $30-60 online I think. Anyway, I think I'm still going to take out my HPS and finish the whole area in LED now. ssshhh don't tell anyone yet since I haven't pulled the trigger. :winkyface:

Your roots look fantastic as always. Now that my build is settling into flower, maybe I'll get time to take some root pics.

Thanks Hiker, I think my stretch is almost over so i'll be turning back on the c02 in a couple of days to the end.
I'd watch out on buying cheap led panels. look for panels with several spectrums including uv and ir.
so far Advanced led and Lush lighting look good as well as those area 51 panels DrDankenstien runs.

going to do a good defoliating in a couple days :)

day 24 since flip

I did a good defoliation yesterday , today I'm going to clean up the rest of the spindly lower growth.

before defoliation

DSCF05037.JPG

DSCF05047.JPG

DSCF05054.JPG

DSCF05064.JPG

DSCF05075.JPG

DSCF05085.JPG

DSCF05095.JPG

DSCF05103.JPG

DSCF05116.JPG

after

DSCF05125.JPG

DSCF05136.JPG

DSCF05144.JPG

DSCF05156.JPG

DSCF05165.JPG

DSCF05175.JPG

DSCF05185.JPG

DSCF05194.JPG

hope you enjoy the pics :)

day 27 since flip

temps 75f day 69 night
humidity 40-50
ph 5.6
ppms 590
co2 1200-1500

co2 is back on stretch is over. now the fun begins :)

DSCF05208.JPG

DSCF05212.JPG

DSCF05222.JPG

DSCF05233.JPG

DSCF05242.JPG

DSCF05255.JPG

DSCF05264.JPG

DSCF05274.JPG

DSCF05285.JPG

DSCF05293.JPG

DSCF05303.JPG

DSCF05312.JPG