My First Grow Journal OG #18 - Scrog - Recirculating Aero/DWC 600w LED Medical Grow

Re: My First Grow Journal OG #18 - Scrog - Recirculating Aero/DWC 600w LED Medical Gr

they look alot like my leaves bro, I think Hiker might be on to something there.My res room isnt air tight so my pumps are sucking the same co2 rich air into the res. Big reps Hiker I ll be moving the pumps outside of the rooms for sure:Namaste:

after moving my air pump to my living room, i decided to take a co2 level of the living room and realized my co2 meter needed calibrating. after calibrating i found my living room was at 1800 ppms , and my bedroom at 3000 ppms . i readjusted my regulator and timer set up and moved my air pump back to my bedroom. this time i attached a 3/8" vinyl hose to intake of air pump and ran the hose to draw outside air which is 400 ppms. sucking hot air from outside isn't what i wanted to do but at least i have a chiller to compensate for the warm air and now the air will have low co2 levels. i read about co2 combinding with calcium in cannatalk latest issue .

:Namaste:
Hey guys - Okay, here's the scoop and what worked for me... Zone can be used with hygrozyme, etc., but I didn't particularly care for the combination as much as just Zone. I still use hygrozyme often with coco coir plants/moms, and I like it, just not as much in conjunction with Zone, personally. Some do like them together, but I had some extra gunk and some plants that looked more stressed when I combined them - maybe I just didn't have the combo dialed in correctly yet, but I went back to what was working (Zone without zym) on my active hydro plants - and hygrozyme without the Zone on the coco coir plants.

On the bennies - I tried them as a res additive, and again had a lot more debris/gunk in the reservoir. It was a mess, honestly. But... I did find a way I liked to use them together that I really liked. What I did, was one or two nights before my res change, I applied mycorrhizae mixed up as a drench, top-down in my hydro pots (not as a reservoir additive). I continued to let the system run as normal until the upcoming res change. Then, a day or two later, I'd do a reservoir change with Zone (no mycos added). This really seemed to give me the benefits from mycos without sludging things up as much. Really healthy, strong looking bright white roots, and a reservoir that wasn't gunky... win/win. They do seem to work okay together, and in my system, this method of application worked well. Took me some trial and error, but that's where I landed and what I'll do again in the future...

Sorry for the long absence guys - been busy dealing with some of life's challenges...

Looking good Ronnie! You are doing great, we all are constantly trying to dial in from grow to grow, and constantly finding ways to do things better... No matter how many grows are under your belt. It's the life-long growers challenge. You are going to have some great meds, brother. :high-five:

thanks for the encouragement X, missed having you stop by. i do consider myself a life-long grower, and will never give up my quest to learn more and more about this wonderful plant.

:420: has been a great learning tool , and i can't thanks this community enough for all the help and support i have recieved here.

:thanks:

Re: My First Grow Journal OG #18 - Scrog - Recirculating Aero/DWC 600w LED Medical Gr

update
day 48 of flower
ph 5.8
ppms 800
temps and humidity are the same

starting to swell up nicely, scared up from the calmag def . ppms still rising been adding calmag and plain water to top off. going to drop ppms down to 650 for week 8 res. got a whole room to use for growing now but i've got a lot of moving stuff and cleaning to do first.

IMG_159612.JPG
IMG_159518.JPG
IMG_159413.JPG
IMG_159311.JPG
IMG_15929.JPG

looking good bro, can you raise the light anymore? thats really close.

no thats as high as they go, the tip closest to the lights looks like a mutant. lol . going to veg alot less next time.

thanks for stopping by.

Hi Ronnie,

Quick Drive-by...

Plants look good. There is some nute burn, but it's not terrible. I think Jon said you need much less ppm with LED, so maybe you need to take them down a little more?

How did your house CO2 get so high? My initial reaction is to think it's still not calibrated correctly, but if you measured 400 outside, that sounds about right. My meter doesn't allow for calibration AFAIK.

Hi Ronnie,

Quick Drive-by...

Plants look good. There is some nute burn, but it's not terrible. I think Jon said you need much less ppm with LED, so maybe you need to take them down a little more?

How did your house CO2 get so high? My initial reaction is to think it's still not calibrated correctly, but if you measured 400 outside, that sounds about right. My meter doesn't allow for calibration AFAIK.

I have pets and people hanging out in the living room , I believe that's why the co2 level is so high in there. My meter is the same as jons. It's got an auto calibration feature so I'm suppose to take it outside and calibrate once a week or it will recalibrate itself to the lowest range it senses. I forgot to do that. I now have a hose connected to the intake of the air pump that's ran to pull outside air.

I think Ur right about the nute burn. I had the ppms at 750 and it was still getting worse so I did a res change last night and drop it to 600. Just calmag, prime , & base. Two weeks left so hopefully they will finish nicely.

Thanks for the drive by :)

Plants look amazing under those leds. Might have to get something to hold those buds up soon.

thanks wb, i put up a line just in case. the two screens seem to be doing a great job supporting them so far.

thanks for stopping by

update
day 52 of flower
ph 5.7
ppms 500
temps 80 day 67 night
hum. 48-55

the swell is on :) been adding straight water which is slowly bringing ppms down. going to do a florakleen flush about four days from harvest. they seem to be on track with a 9 week run.

work is picking up for me as it always does when its hot, now that i got a whole room i want to put a current culture UC4XL in the room. i might end up building one to save money but i love that set up. runs 35 gals in the set up and they recommend a 40 gal res. my current chiller would work with that system too.

CCH2O - Current Culture Hydroponics - Under Current UCXL

now for the pics
IMG_160313.JPG

IMG_160411.JPG

IMG_16059.JPG

IMG_160613.JPG

my new bud trimmer

IMG_160713.JPG

IMG_160813.JPG

IMG_160915.JPG

hope you enjoy the pics

Love the trimmer mate. What'd she cost? Reps for the lovely ladies.

Love the trimmer mate. What'd she cost? Reps for the lovely ladies.

thanks for the reps canna, i paid 137.00 total and it looks really well built.

Amazon: iPower GLTRIMBOWL16M 16-Inch Leaf Bowl Trimmer Twisted Spin Cut for Plant Bud and Flower

1667107198224.png

Nice trimmer Ronnie!
girls look good!
A little sunburnt, but Good!
not long now.
:thumb:
reps!

thanks for the reps vick, I can't wait to put it to work.

defintely going to keep the ppm's down next run , and i never went over 950.

hey ronnie!!

nice trimmer! :thumb: your ladies are looking great mate! how long do you expect to go to harvest day?? man, im always blown away by how vigorous those plant are.. crazy growth!

all the best to you brother! hope you have a great week.. and reps all the way :goodjob:

hey ronnie!!

nice trimmer! :thumb: your ladies are looking great mate! how long do you expect to go to harvest day?? man, im always blown away by how vigorous those plant are.. crazy growth!

all the best to you brother! hope you have a great week.. and reps all the way :goodjob:

hey alk, thanks for the kind words, well wishes, and reps. 11 more days to the end of nine weeks and it looks like they are right on schedule. i've been adding just plain water to the res. every day and i have the ppm's down to about 450 now. going to continue to lower ppms till about four days from harvest then do a florakleen flush and plain water from there to chop.

that wonderful kushy smell is starting to permeate the room:)

thanks for stopping in bro.

I have pets and people hanging out in the living room , I believe that's why the co2 level is so high in there. My meter is the same as jons. It's got an auto calibration feature so I'm suppose to take it outside and calibrate once a week or it will recalibrate itself to the lowest range it senses. I forgot to do that. I now have a hose connected to the intake of the air pump that's ran to pull outside air.

I have the same meter. I didn't know it had that feature :blalol:

How often am I supposed to take it outside?

I have the same meter. I didn't know it had that feature :blalol:

How often am I supposed to take it outside?

you only have to do it if the co2 levels in your room never drop down to 400. my grow room was my bedroom, so i enriched during the day (lights on), and slept in there at night (lights off) the co2 levels never dropped below 1000. when i first got the meter i read in the instructions not for use in areas of constant high co2 levels so i called the manufacture and they told me it has a auto calibration so if 1000 ppms is the lowest it senses for a week or so it will recalibrate 1000 to 400. they told me to take the meter outside once a week and manual calibrate it. now that i dont sleep in the grow room ppms drop to 400 at night and i dont have to worry about it.

thanks for stopping by hiker, i hope this info helps.

mini update

day 55 flower

temps 80 day 67 night
hum 40-55
ph 5.7
ppms 400

been working my butt off so didnt get to spend alot of time with the girls today, the smell is getting intensified in the room.
slowly dropping the ppms by adding plain water everyday. sunday i will florakleen flush and plain water from there.

sorry only got one pic today

IMG_162314.JPG

found a couple of really tiny exploded pollen sacs today. the buds right around the spots are bumpy. well as long as its only a few it will be a good thing. i'll have the og #18 seeds on hand. next time i'm going to supercrop in veg. and use the reverse preventively .

one week to harvest , took another half hour of light away, now at 10.5 hrs light.

you only have to do it if the co2 levels in your room never drop down to 400. my grow room was my bedroom, so i enriched during the day (lights on), and slept in there at night (lights off) the co2 levels never dropped below 1000. when i first got the meter i read in the instructions not for use in areas of constant high co2 levels so i called the manufacture and they told me it has a auto calibration so if 1000 ppms is the lowest it senses for a week or so it will recalibrate 1000 to 400. they told me to take the meter outside once a week and manual calibrate it. now that i dont sleep in the grow room ppms drop to 400 at night and i dont have to worry about it.

thanks for stopping by hiker, i hope this info helps.

looking great bro and thats some great info on the meter right there + reps, im the worst for not reading instructions so I didnt know that:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom