DWC Waterloo Scrog - Recirculating Reservoir - DS-200 LED

Nice job Fish. 2-weeks till 12/12? Looking back on your pics from a week ago, think we're seeing some good growth. Based on what I've been researching on these waterfarms, I'm betting your going to see explosive growth and may be kicking over before that. Keep us posted. What is your opinion of the LED's. I'm on a Mars 3 X 96 in 36" x 18" x 72" cabinet. Can't tell anything yet, just planted my germinated seed on a 18/6 light schedule. Wish me luck!

We're both drawing about the same at the wall, mine just cost a hell of a lot more.... It'll be interesting to see how they compare since we're both trying to do about the same thing, the same way... You're going to need ph and ppm meters.. I can never remember to turn them off so got the ones with auto shut off... Will post more pics every 4-5 days..

In two days it's grown above the screen enough to be moved outward..

IMG_272916.JPG

The next two pics are after being pulled down and moved

IMG_273116.JPG
IMG_273315.JPG

They'll have straightened up by morning and need moving again in 2-3 days... This will continue until 12/12... Some will need to move again after the flip...

24 days out of the cloner... Another 2 days growing, and as fast as it's growing i'll need to pull branches down and rearrange every 48 hrs... If they grow much longer you run the chance of breaking branches... Time to drain and replace with fresh solution.... Upping to 600 ppm... She looks a little ragged after being rearranged... This is where i messed up with my first scrog screen grows.... I waited to long to pull the branches down... She'll get out of control fast if you let her... I'll post before and after pics every time i pull down and rearrange..

IMG_273713.JPG

IMG_273912.JPG

IMG_274612.JPG

Dang, good job fish. If you're pulling and rearranging every 48hrs, and you upping her food; shouldn't you be thinking of going 12/12 soon? At the rate your going, and your initial estimate of 2 weeks to 12/12 you mentioned last week looks like you'll be out of screen. That LED working out for you pretty well eh? How close are you to the vegetation with it?

Forgot to mention Fish. I went through Scotty's grow journal and re-wrote it without any of the questions and BS. I also just received my 2-gal of FloraNova Bloom. Reading the chart on the bottle and it seems Scotty wasn't too far away from the recommended dosages. He mentioned several times less is more and at 1-point I believe he mentioned using it at 1/4 strength. Maybe I'm missing something but at day 14 he said he was at 400PPM. The FN chart says 500PPM at "early growth". Day 39 he's at 850-950 PPM, FN says 950PPM at "later growth". At day 55 he's at 1600PPM, that's off the chart. He started 2-week countdown at day 62. What's your take on this? I plan on following his schedule exactly.

Letting it grow through and get a little longer this time... The 2"x4" screen makes it easier to pull down when they get longer...... Maybe tomorrow, or the next day depending on how they look, i'll do the final pull down and start 12/12..... The reservoir will get a refill tonight, and set at 800ppm... When you look at Scottys pics a few days before harvest you can see the burned leaves... the result of bumping it to 1900 ppm one time...
I'll be following pretty much what he said... He seems to feel you never should go over 1200ppm... He just couldn't help pushing it a little...
The way they looked a couple hours after she got up...

IMG_275010.JPG

IMG_27498.JPG

IMG_275210.JPG

Good idea on the rewrite... I have a pdf rewrite in my files that was avaiable for download on that thread for a while...

Looks good Fish. Do you see most growth after light or dark period, assuming your on an 18/6 program? Scotty went 12/12 at day 27; looks like you may be on the same schedule. I believe he was still tucking for almost a week after that and growing 2"/day!

I'm running it at 18" but may move it another 4" inches higher when i add the panels at 12/12 switch ... The light will spread a little, but i think the panels will direct the spread back to the sides of the screen.... It's the nature of the led beast to have a small foot print, i want to optimize all the available light.... The three sq. ft. footprint gives me 50 watts sq foot... It seems to grow as much with the lights off as on..
see my above edit

Thanks Fish. I have water quality problem that I posted about in the hydro forum. I'd like to hear you opinion on that. Thanks!

There isn't a lot of growth in 4 days, started 12/12 Wed 7-22, reflective panels up.... The panels turn a lot of light back on the plant.... i'm going to trim each panels sides so when the bottoms move in 1-1/2 to 2 inches they dont block each other... Tilting the panels in at the bottom will give a better angle for the light bonce...... Looking for a growth spurt soon..

IMG_27706.JPG

IMG_27717.JPG

IMG_27698.JPG

IMG_2773_2.JPG

Dang Fish, looking good. Is the stretch beginning? Why do you think you had the growth slow down? Any heat issues with the panels up? What are your water values? How low is your light? I'm betting you'll see some pre-flowers by the end of the week.

It's beginning to stretch and showing pre-flowers... I'll wait till Sunday to post new pics and then weekly.... The light is about 20" above the canopy.. No heat problems, the light is high enough that exhaust air goes over the tops of the panels... I'm about 900 ppm, but think i'll bump it to 1100 now that the growth spurt has started...

Looks great Fish. Are you happy with how the screen filled in? Would you do anything differently next time? Sure is a learning process isn't it?

The colas are longer in the center and on the right side of the screen... That's my fault... If you check out the under screen pic on the 18th of July, you'll see i tried to pull a branch to the left side by tying it down with Teflon tape...... In two days the plant grew enough to pull the entire plant to the left.... The branch i wanted to move, didn't, the plant leaned.... The branches on the right now could grow straighter up, and as a result grew faster and longer... The ones on the left needed to curve a bit first, so that side grew slower and shorter..... That's my guess and i'm sticking to it.....

Ok so when doing it again you would avoid pulling the branches over? Reason I ask is my plant is developing like yours, she's about 8-1/2" tall, bushy with about 5-6 side branches. Not sure if training would cause more harm than good. How high is your scrog screen? Looks about 8"-10" off the bucket. Today I'm 30-days into veg and this thing is stretching sooooo slowwww. Getting about 1/2 vertical height a day but she's really getting bushy.

Top it soon if you want to control it without dealing with the main stem.... It's much harder to deal with, and the stem is easy to break... Everything that comes through the screen is directed away from the center... The center gits filled as needed by other growth coming off other branches....
I would for example cut/paste Scottys cleaned out under screen pic, but it seems too much like stealing just to help people avoid reading.... Google: Pineapple express g-13 labs seed to harvest:.... Plus i think it's funny to give the uninformed [not you tucker] required reading to get a clearer look what a Master scroger did... I'm just walking in the shadow of my betters with this grow...

My screen is at 8", the plant was right at the screen when i set it... You gotta pull them back under the screen to get a proper Scottyballs scrog... Since you haven't topped it before, i'd set your screen 2" higher than the newly topped plant... as long as you can work under the screen it's all good,,, We're not trying to grow big trees here... More like really spread out little Bonsai trees.. Keep on veging and pulling'em back down as they grow through...

I would have set my screen higher if i had known she would stretch so much... I did cut new longer screen supports so i can move the screen up a few inches.... Veg yours longer if need be.. Set the screen and keep veging... My plant leaned because it was easier for the plant, the hydroton let it lean by giving a little....
First time out it's easy to over think this... Just follow our leader... It may take a few times to get it perfect..... Scroging is not a bad cult to belong to, no matter what your light source...

Back
Top Bottom