DWC Waterloo Scrog - Recirculating Reservoir - DS-200 LED

Took these pics on Thursday... , thought it was Friday.. They've stretched more than expected... Decided to move the screen up by replacing the screen supports with longer ones... It only took a couple minutes to do, one at a time... The pic with the wall included shows how much light is lost with out them... I can't raise the light any higher, need to move everything a foot closer to the floor.... Will be moving it to another room. I'll drain the system cut both lines and splice back together in the new room.... This is the first reservoir change since planting the clone.... Using FNB has let me controll the ph and ppm and with only additions of ro water and FNB as needed... After adjusting the ph the first time , the buffers in FNB took over and i haven't needed ph down since...

IMG_280518.JPG

IMG_280610.JPG

IMG_280814.JPG

IMG_281018.JPG

IMG_28137.JPG

IMG_28179.JPG

Ok fish, I went back through your thread a couple times. On 7/21 you went 12/12 on 7/25 you mentioned very little stretch, but it appeared the screen was thickening nicely. Then in a period of 2-weeks till 8/8 she went ape-shit and stretched like crazy. Seems she put on about 12" of growth. What do you think happened? Mess with the lights? Appreciable increase in nutes? Did you notice her taking on a lot of water and nutes? Do you think it is just a characteristic of the strain? Do you think the 12/12 switch and subsequent slow growth was just a temporary shock until the plant adjusted? Have you ever seen that much stretch before? I plan on installing my scrog screen next week and DO NOT want this to happen. I just want a nice blanket of colas like scotty had. Wishful thinking...

Looks like about 100 bud sites. Is this going to be a record?

I'd say a little more than 12" in the center.... All lights tend to make growth longer in the center... With this light there are two sets of red leds on ether side of the mixed set in the center, these over lap each other at the center of the light.. The red leds at each end of the light do not have that red over lap... Less power shorter colas at the sides of the screen...
The overall stretch i can only attribute to strain, close in reflective panels maybe... They kick light back into the lower side growth of the colas.. Light that would have been wasted, now used.... Maybe the water being kept in the mid to upper 60s*f...
I knock off light blocking leaves near/at the top, every few days as i go... Did one time clearing of any potential light blocking leaves all the way down to the screen.... Will do that again and defoliate light blockers one more time ( lights on tonight..) will have before and after pics on Sat...
Still only using FNB as my fertilizer... When the nutes go over 1100+, i add back plain water, under 900ppm, add back nute solution to bring it back up.... I do ph the add back down to a 6, the buffers in the fnb then take the ph down to the mid 5s... I don't mind if the ph drifts a bit.... What ever i way i go, i always bring the water level in the igloo reservoir back up its marked level.... If i go over one way or the other, that's when the drain comes in handy... Drain off however much volume i need to readjust...
No record here for sure.... I'd be thrilled to hit a gram/watt.... That'd be 6 and 1/2 oz.... That would mean i could bake some Crow Pie for a few people... I'll be satisfied with whatever i get.... Maybe a little disappointed if i don't get a chance to throw a Crow Pie party.... :slide:

Took these pics yesterday, looking at them i realized the potential this grow would have with supplemental side lighting is too good to ignore.... Ordered 2-125w warm clf reflector/fixtures for side lighting... She'll wake Monday night with one on each side... 4-5 weeks with extra light from the sides should help pack on weight..... The led, while great up to this point, just doesn't have the power needed to reach deep into these long colas.... Measured again, 14" for the longest.... Upping the ppm to 1400 to take advantage of the extra light......

IMG_283910.JPG

IMG_284013.JPG

IMG_284410.JPG

IMG_284112.JPG

IMG_28497.JPG

Interesting development fish. Assuming your making this decision based on the various length colas?? The viewer really looses that until seeing the side shot showing the colas buried inside. Assuming your using the CFL's to make them grow more. Has the stretch ended since your raised your screen? The initial stretch was so much it's hard to tell it's a scroged grow. Don't think you have much of a indica strain there.

With each cfl light being about 14" from the center i'm hoping to develop the buds in the center part of the screen, a lot more...... The lights were sold with the red bloom bulb... 7,000 lumens each... Hope they stimulate bud growth and not make them any longer... Think it grew a little more, not much... The buds have began grow.. The bulking up of the buds should happen next... At least that's the plan.... But then you see what happens with my plans.... :slide:

Well that didn't work out...My two 125w clf fixtures from Greners arrived, [Monday 24], wrong bulbs of course... customer service is repeatedly ignoring me...
Screw it, i pulled the 185 watt led at lights out this morning, and replaced it with one of ss315 lec i bought for my next grow.... What you see in the pics was done with the 185 watt led alone... I think it did rather well for it's self..... Starting [BBB], aka, back bud building, in a few days, letting her get use to the new light first.... Will be using the led as a veg light for the 315 w in the future...
The next posting pics will be after a week of the 315w.... also setting the plant 14" lower to get the 315w higher and hoping it wont burn the colas...
Took these pics on 8-27-15...

IMG_28718.JPG

IMG_28709.JPG

IMG_28769.JPG

Looking nice fish. The screen is gone for good? How tall is the plant from top of the igloo cooler? So you have about 2-weeks to go right?

Tucker, can't find my tape measure, damned things been hiding for a week... The colas are about 19 inches above the screen, the screen is about 10-11 inches above the container, and it's 15 inches tall... With a 7'6" ceiling, i almost didn't have enough room for the ss315w light... It is intense... This is the end week 8 and it looks like she'll need to go the full ten weeks to finish... Never did move her to the flower room... The plants there had spider mites... the room is being fumigated, completely cleaned and washed down this week... Hope that'll keep'em out of this next grow from seeds... no clones this time.... I always grew from seeds, never had mites till i adopted clones a few years back.....
Was going with purple kush next grow, changed my mind, got some Master Kush and Blue Mystic from Nirvana, good cheap seeds and shipping........ Big plus, no bogus $10 charge to take my money from a Visa card.... When you buy online, no way you should pay someone to take your money.. That's right up there with send blank money orders, or just send cash... these chicken shit fees are charged everywhere.. I know this is the home of the brave and the land of the Fee, but damn....

Looks great Fish! So how did you do the defol?? Little at a time or just cleaned it out all at once? Did the plant slow down afterwards. I have a big mess with this indica. Lots of leaves hiding bud sites. Tempted to get in there and clean out the fan leaves. I'm 10-days into 12/12. I veged 50-days, way too long. I was waiting for the green to get up to the net.

Back
Top Bottom