Grow Version 1.0 - Reserva Privada Hurricane - LED - DWC - Mainline

Atulip
I hear you on buying cheap and extra!!
I actually started off with some cheap-o stones, but was unhappy with them. Hence I tried the 4" disks. These new stones I ordered (mentioned earlier) aren't that pricey really -- 6 of them for 30$ and again they have a 2 yr warranty + are USA made.

Camo
Hey man, good to hear from you!
Drying is coming along; see update below :)
Yeah I hear you on drying process; it's def a step you don't want to mess up (badly) on after all the months of work :) It's extra fun here in CO since the RH is always so low.

Update
Yesterday I took the colas down from their drying, trimmed the buds up and got them into containers for a few days of sweating. I did weigh after trimming and the result was 10.85oz + a bunch of nice trim (didn't weight it, but probably ~2 oz). Obviously a good bit of that is still water weight so I'll do another weigh-in after I sweat them... Thinking around 5oz dry?

None of the buds are "huge", but none of them are larfy -- nice and chunky and sticky as all hell! :)

Now that the colas are not occupying my cab, I've got that torn apart and am working on my "upgrades" for my next grow. Thinking I can start it next week and I will start another journal once I get that grow booted. It'll be 2 strains from Nirvana, but still deciding which...

A few pics

resized00123.jpg

View image in gallery

I'll post an update once I finish sweating these buds with a final weight and smoke report.

Peace!

Wow!! Those buds look so tasty! Sweet pics! Proper purpling here!
Lighting me a 69 day cured spliff of sour d now. :ganjamon:

Stage
Thanks bro!! They smoke as good as they look, if not better!!
Light one up for me dude!

Bama
Thank you sir... I'm excited to see some of your bud pics too!

Camo
Awesome dude -- you must be excited to get things underway... Can't wait to see you up and running buddy!

No real updates from me... Buds continue to sweat (maybe 2 more days) and I continue to work on the cab :)

Will update once I get done sweating these puppies.

I agree those are such pretty plants ;) ;) and if they smoke like you said it does then it's some great stuff. Nice work cogreen, and yeah brother I got all my stuff sitting at home bout to start my journal.
Now I got to figure out the signature thing and pictures uploading haha

Here ya go....
Signatures and need to know stuff.
How to Add Links to Signatures

I agree those are such pretty plants ;) ;) and if they smoke like you said it does then it's some great stuff. Nice work cogreen, and yeah brother I got all my stuff sitting at home bout to start my journal.
Now I got to figure out the signature thing and pictures uploading haha

Here ya go....
Uploading photos:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
How to Add Links to Signatures

Thanks everyone for the comments and support; I do appreciate it!!!

Sorry for the delayed update guys, I've been super busy between the grow + cab updates and the holidays.

The dry weights are in:
232 grams (8.2 oz) of nice buds. This doesn't include the flowers I took pre-harvest which probably accounts for another 1/2 oz or so.
46 grams (1.65 oz) of very nice trim. I'll probably attempt to make hash out of this since I'm not huge on cooking with MJ.

Overall not a bad harvest IMO, especially considering this was my 1st grow. However I'd like to pull an LB out of that cab :)

The flowers harvested did have some amber trichs which makes the buzz have a bit more "couch lock". Wishing I would've harvested about 1 week earlier or perhaps 1 plant early and 1 late to have some of that more uppity effect with cloudy (little amber) trichs.

A few pics:

I did file a smoke report here: Hurricane - Panama Punch x LA Confidential - by Reserva Privada Seeds in CO

And finally I just booted my 2nd grow (see my signature). Hope to see you over on that grow.

A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone. Your support and assistance has been invaluable and I sincerely appreciate it!

Finally, I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season... Ho-ho-ho motherfuckers!!! ;)

which light would you say did better... your galaxyhydro were pulling about 280watts and your marshydro was pulling about 200watts... would of been good to know gpw of each plant... which one had more trichomes which one was more dense etc.....

A quick observation on air stones for you hydro folks...

I've been using "Active Aqua" 4-inch round air stones for the past few months. Although I have no complaints about their bubble factor, I do have a complaint about their durability.

I was cleaning out my equipment only to find that all 6 of my air stones were trash. It appears that the plastic barbs (where you hook the air hose) become very brittle after being in a res for a few months -- all of them just snapped off when I tried to remove my air hoses. I was carefull when pulling the hoses off, but the barbs were so brittle they just snapped... Nice; about $50 in the garbage!!

I did some searchig and came across these air stones on Amazon made by "BubbleMac". They are white Glass-bonded Silica and have a 2 year warranty. A little pricey but the warrenty makes me feel cautiously optimistic... I'll report on them in my next grow.

The harvest continues to dry... Probably a few more days and they'll be ready for a clean-up and sweat.

Peace!

Just wanted to put in a word for those bubblemac air stones... They are great! I got some for a small project i was working on and qill never use any other again. They have awesome, plentiful small bubbles, they are durable and the warranty is the icing on that bubbly little cake. Great grow CO! I was following along as im getting into the beginning stages of some DWC and i got sidetracked and got behind in reading. I've learned quite a bit reading through here and been entertained along the way. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom