Tamir's OG Kush Clones - DWC - CFL/T5 & 600W Air Cooled

Update

Good afternoon you guys. It's been awhile since I've updated. I think it's because I'm still in Flower mode where there aren't many daily changes. I almost forgot how different Veg can be. lol. Well a few things have changed over the last week and a half.

In the Veg box
The OG Kush clones we're transplanted into the 2.5gal DWC buckets from my DIY 3.5lt bucket. Since then, they have almost doubled in size. OG Kush2 is definitely out performing OG Kush1. This is possibly because OGK1 didn't have an air-stone in the res. let's see if she can play catch-up.

When I transplanted the ladies, I noticed the roots were browning (not root rot, but not too far from it). Washed the root ball and added 5ml hydrogen peroxide to the res. also in the veg box, I made a DIY clone box to remove the huge areoponic cloner and create more space for the 2.5gal buckets. I will take some 3rd generation clones of the OG Kush later this week as this is a bag seed and I can't afford any seeds right now. The cost if city living.

image11835.jpg
image11836.jpg
image11837.jpg
image11838.jpg

In the Flower tent

After noticing the root balls on the OG Kush clones I went and check my flowering OG Kush, Special Kush, Kali Dog, And Special Kush clones x 2. And guess what?? Root rot!!!!

image11841.jpg

I believe this is due to a light leak in my DIY 3.5lt buckets. (this time i did my best and possibly over did it when light proofing my cloner bucket.) So I had to come up with a solution. I have 5 plants in flower and can't really afford a 5 bucket DWC Setup. So I went to the store with the red bullseye. Picked up 2x 20gal totes. I was going to split them with 3 plants in one and 2 in the other. Later I decided that I wanted to keep a 20gal tote for a single plant grow in the very near future.

So currently I have a whopping 5 plants growing in a 20gal tote. So here's my first problem.. I didn't drill any holes in the lid for my LST efforts. Lol easy fix. Next problem. This is gonna be expensive as hell is regards to Nutes. Even though the Tote is 20gal, I only filled it up halfway. 10gal of water with the following Nutes. 50ml GH FloraMicro, 50ml GH FloraGrow, 75ml FloraBloom, 50ml Earth Juice CalMag, 20ml AN Big Bud, 20ml AN Bud Candy, and to remedy the root-rot 50ml Hydrogen Peroxide.

In the near future I need to figure out a way to keep these buds upright. Not sure if I will have enough room in the medium for a plant stake. There may be other issues that will come up (vertical space, bushy plants, etc.). For now I'm happy and hopefully we can stay this way until it's time to harvest.

image11839.jpg
image11840.jpg
image11842.jpg
image11843.jpg
image11845.jpg
image11846.jpg
image11847.jpg

Hope you guys have a great weekend. Supposed to head to Niagara Falls this weekend. Unless I can get out of going. Lol. Take care

:goodjob:

Great update, Tamir, and good to hear from you again. Sorry for your problems with rot rot, but if anyone can fix it I'm guessing you can. Good luck. :goodjob:

Great update, Tamir, and good to hear from you again. Sorry for your problems with rot rot, but if anyone can fix it I'm guessing you can. Good luck. :goodjob:

Hahaha thanks for dropping in... Yea I'm gonna take care of the issues at hand. We gotta do what we gotta do for the ladies to survive.

Ok so it was bound to happen. Made my first mistake. As you know I upgraded to the 20gal res. I only added 12gal of water/nutes. 3 of the 5 plants had roots that hit the water. The other 2 did not. What I've learned is when ur dealing with root bound plants. You need to fill the res so the root ball can be submerged and allow them to stretch as the water level lowers.

Plants were wilted within 12 hrs of transplant. Gave them another 8hrs to recover with no such luck. So I fell led the res with an addition 6gal of water and nutes so the roots can be fully submerged. Hopefully they pull thru. If not, 3 of the ladies can be harvested as they are between cloudy and clear. The other 3 plants would need to be scraped. I'll let u guys know how they are holding up tomorrow eve. Hope u all are enjoying your weekend.

Good morning everyone... My flowering Ladies are recovering nicely from my improper planning. I will have pics a little later. As I was tending to the 3 that are farther along I realized another mistake I made. Since my grow is somewhat perpetual I have five ladies at different phases of growth sharing the same res. aside from the difference in nute strength they should be receiving I also began to question "how the hell am I gonna flush my completed ladies?" I came up with several ideas which include flushing all plants in the res(which I have seen people do for various reasons) or transplanting the finishe. Ladies to a separate res for flush. Either wayit will get done and from now on i'll only put plants of equal age into the 20gal res.

OGK1 and OGK2 are continuing to thrive, however 1 of their clones has now died. I'm going to try to revive her but it doesn't seem likely. Hope you guys are having a great day. I'll check back in later.

Good evening everyone. A few changes on this end. As I mentioned in my last post, I have 3 ladies flowering that were almost done. That being said I harvested my OG Kush, Special Kush #1 and Kali dog plants and began to flower the 2 OG Kush clones(they rooted 5/31 so I figured the vegged for long enough). So currenty in the flowering tent I have 1 Special Queen from seed, one Special Kush clone, 2 OG Kush clones and one kali Dog clone. They are all within 2 weeks of each other so I believe they can cohabitate in the 20gal tote. All plants have undergone either topping, Fimming or supercroping.

Hopefully I won't have many more issues and I can continue with this journal as expected.

Her are a few pics. Sorry in advance for the sideways pics as I'm uploading from my phone.
image11987.jpg
image11988.jpg
image11989.jpg
image11990.jpg
image11991.jpg
image11992.jpg

Took me long enough, but I finally made it over to this journal. Nice work Tamir! Looking forward to following along!

Thanks SweetLeef and welcome aboard.

Good evening all.... It seems like the issues never end. So this morning when I woke up I realized the HPS didn't come on. And low and behold my HPS bulb blew. So I went to the closet to retrieve my bulb box and guess what. "Someone" must have dropped the box and just put it back in the closet. Yes me and the misses will need to have a talk. 2 brand new 600w bulbs and a 6500k T5 bulb in the trash. Smh. So I ordered 3 more HPS and a MH(considering buying another tent to veg under MH) from thE Bay. So now it's just a waiting game.

In the interim, I had to make due with what I have. I took my CFL set up from the veg box and installed it in the bloom tent. In no way is this a suitable replacement but it's better than letting them sit in the dark. On the bright side all my girls are growing nicely. The OG Kush clones seem to like the added root space. Here are pics of my makeshift lighting

image12098.jpg
image12099.jpg

In my last post I told y'all that I harvested my 3 flowering plants. They are all in Cvaults curing now. Dry weights are as follows

OG Kush = 27g
Special Kush = 31.2g
Kali Dog = 19.6g

I am very disappointed with their yield but it's my own fault using those 3.5lt DIY buckets. It's a shame case this Royal Queen Kali Dog smokes very nice. Luckily I took 3 clones. 1 is in the 20gal tote and the other 2 are in the veg box.

In other news, I just placed another seed order from one of our sponsors Bonza Seeds. This is my first time ordering from them so I hope all goes well. Here's what I picked up.

image12102.jpg

When my current ladies are about 2 weeks from harvest, I'm gonna start one of each of the photoperiod seeds(5) and veg them in a 20gal DWC tote in the veg box while I start both of the autos in the 2.5gal DWC buckets in the flower tent. Hopefully by then I will have purchased a secondary tent for veg. As I really want to see how well they grow under MH as opposed to CFL/T5 & HPS. So my next journal will be jam packed with info. 6 different strains all from seed, mixing photoperiod and auto. I'm happy I'm making these mistakes now while I have little to no money invested.

Hope all is well you guys.

Well at least you had some type of back up neighbor.

Well at least you had some type of back up neighbor.

Yea... Just not sure how they will react to the decrease in wattage. Hope it won't cause a detrimental amount of stress. We'll see. Thanks for dropping in so fast .

Hey Tamir, sorry to hear about the lighting mishap. I hope the cfl's get get her by until the other bulbs get there. "Keep The Green Side Up"
:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom