Tamir's 1st grow - dwc special kush and special queen 2014

Ok I'm finally done... Special Kush is officially harvested, the DWC bucket and the flower tent have been cleaned out (special queen and 3 others are still calling it home though). Ok here are my wet numbers

284g (main colas) + 53.2g (smaller bud sites)= 337.2g of wet sticky heaven
78.5g of popcorn bud that I'm drying and will be used for edibles or for a quick bong hit when I want to test it.
I didn't weigh the trim but it's definitely a nice amount as I removed a lot of the sugar leaves while wet. Will more than likely go for a second round of trimming once they are dry.

Stay tuned for the Special Queen harvest which will more than likely happen Saturday evening.. Hope I have enough room for both plants in the dry box.. Lol good night everyone

image11481.jpg
image11482.jpg
image11483.jpg
image11484.jpg
image11485.jpg
image11486.jpg

I will never put wet bud in the freezer thanks to the many warnings I've seen while doing my grow research - will dry it at a minimum and then cure at least 1 week even for making edibles based upon what I've seen. Have made plenty of edibles and oil but only with dry product that I purchased elsewhere - looking forward to making my own from start to finish for a change :peace:

I will never put wet bud in the freezer thanks to the many warnings I've seen while doing my grow research - will dry it at a minimum and then cure at least 1 week even for making edibles based upon what I've seen. Have made plenty of edibles and oil but only with dry product that I purchased elsewhere - looking forward to making my own from start to finish for a change :peace:

Yea I've seen issues with freezing wet also. So I threw all the popcorn on a paper towel and put on the bottom level of the dry box. See if I can utilize some of that THC. Yea I've made tons of edibles but like you, always with purchased product. My CVaults should be here tomorrow or Saturday so in excited about that.

Great run...

So I'm stuck in a meeting all day and I desperately need to be in the streets on this beautiful day. I go in the coffee room and I instantly start to smile.
image11528.jpg

U know I want to drop a seed on the windowsill or possibly bring in one of my cuttings. How long do you think it would be before the realized there was some high grade ganja growing next to their Cilantro and peppers??
In other news..

Since I was so focused on my SK and SQ grow, I didn't give these 3 ladies the FULL attention they deserved. They didn't get the royal treatment, no pruning, no topping, no LST, limited light exposure and just all around neglect. I dd get to supercrop the one Kali Dog stem as she was getting too tall. I will definitely take better care of my secondary grows in the future. But I must say, even though they haven't gotten the live and attention they deserve , they still are looking tasty. Here are a few random shots.

Take care guys...

image11529.jpg
image11530.jpg
image11531.jpg
image11532.jpg

So happy to see what you've achieved. If this is your first grow, for your second you're going to need seriously more space. :high-five:

Ok first of all I want to say :bravo: to Gary and they guys over at Freshstor for the super fast shipping of my Cvaults. Yes they came in today!!

Ok, for those interested in buyin them, I want to give u an idea if their size as I tried my best to fulfill my curing needs. I ordered a large and extra large and needless to say I was very surprised when I opened the box. Here is a pic with a standard size Bic lighter for comparison

image11553.jpg

Don't ask me why I thought they would be considerably bigger. Makes me wonder the actual size of the small and the medium. Next order I will definitely picking up the 3 and 4 liter canisters.
Let's see how they work!! Have a good day y'all.

So happy to see what you've achieved. If this is your first grow, for your second you're going to need seriously more space. :high-five:

Yea this is my first grow... Wish I had more space but this is all I will have for the near future. Thanks for the encouragement.

Ok I know I'm new, but looking at this drying bud is not what I expected. My buds don't seem dense they are like little chirrustmas trees that are out on the sidewalk a week after christmas(A NY thing). Nothing about this bud reminds me of anything I have purchased. Will this change during curing? What did I do wrong that made my buds not dense?

High temps. Strain dependent has a lot to do with it as well.

I see you stay prepared for the munchies neighbor. lol...
I wouldn't get stressed out over the January Xmas tree look. On my 2nd harvest I got the same type looking buds but the smoke was equal in quality to what I get from my guy (who by the way is nearly history: he called me not too long ago asking if everything was ok. I love it when a plan comes together). On each grow you'll improve, trust me.

I see you stay prepared for the munchies neighbor. lol...
I wouldn't get stressed out over the January Xmas tree look. On my 2nd harvest I got the same type looking buds but the smoke was equal in quality to what I get from my guy (who by the way is nearly history: he called me not too long ago asking if everything was ok. I love it when a plan comes together). On each grow you'll improve, trust me.

Always prepared brother.. Lol yea the quality is getting there. I rate this bud a strong 6, and that's without the cure. Very nice head buzz after the first few pulls. After a few more the eye lids get heavy and you end up taking 10 minutes mapping out your next 10 minutes. Lol the taste is "ok" nothing special. Won't be able to tell full flavor until after the cure.

I just saw my guy today and when I got home I had a package waiting from my west coast guy(unnecessary $500 spent). Hopefully won't need either of them for a while... May use them anyway for the variety. I'm about to take local dude spot and he doesn't even know it.

Also I like seeing modesty, 6 of 10 sounds about the quality of mine, maybe 7. lol I've seen so many first time growers rate there first crop 8 or 9 out of 10 lol like come on guys, or they have never smoked good weed before.

Cure will for sure help flavor, gets rid of that green plant taste. Even when its dry before cure its got that taste.

Shit I got curing now is tasting good as of day 10 of curing. Lol I smoked 100g already.

Congrats for the harvest! :goodjob:
You´re welcome on the info. I do understand your questions (i had the same). Slightly squeeze the buds with 2 fingers, you´ll want them a bit dried on the surface but you can still feel some moisture inside. Check the branches too, they´re a good sign. I consider too crispy when it´s already too dried - if you squeeze it crumbles.
You could add some more lines to your card box, I saw in the pics you still got space for a few more.

I only freeze fresh sugar leafs trim. I made cookies only a couple times and used only dried buds. I also want to learn more and try edibles. Been watching some nice videos on youtube about it.

Keep it up! It´s so nice to see people like us who dreamed about getting out of the system and are doing it!
My next run will be in the same spirit: Do the best I can with what I have. Organics & the simplest I can.
My usual "guy" called me today to check if I was alright, lol. Almost free from buying meds, yupi! :)

+ reps for the first harvest

:cheer:
:peace:

Congrats on the harvest bro!

Looks tasty! U should make gravity hash with your trim. You probably have everything you need already.

Cheers man.

Gravity Hash? You have a link for me? If not i'll find it. Yea the weight is crazy, that 53g back us now down to 13g lol

And yes I'm most definitely modest. No way I have 9 on my first run. Still have a couple days of drying then into the CVault they go. I can't wait! Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom