Tamir's Purple Lemon Cookies Grow - DWC - CFL/T5 Veg & 600W HPS Flower

re: Tamir's Purple Lemon Cookies Grow - DWC - CFL/T5 VEG & 600W HPS Flower

Thanxx Tamir, that would explain my dilemma with beans in RR. Each time I tried by just dropping un-tap rooted beans in them.

Thanxx Tamir, that would explain my dilemma with beans in RR. Each time I tried by just dropping un-tap rooted beans in them.

Yup.... Let them crack first and plant them tap root down and ur all set.

And exactly how do you go about treating your RR after placing the cracked beans in them. Also how long do you let the tap-root get? I want to get my germinating down to a science. I've been wasting too many beans.

And exactly how do you go about treating your RR after placing the cracked beans in them. Also how long do you let the tap-root get? I want to get my germinating down to a science. I've been wasting too many beans.

Great question... so let me give you my whole process of starting seeds.

First, I soak my seeds in regular NYC tap water in shot glasses in my darkest kitchen cabinet for approx 24hrs (starting in morning beofre work). if they are the same strain they can go in the same glass. if not i separate and label. I also soak my rapid rooters in shot glasses for the same amount of time.

after 24rs(the next morning) i check the seeds to make sure they have sunk. if not i give them a tap so they can rest on the bottom of the glass. when i return from work (approx 5pm) i check them again to see if they have cracked open(slight tap root exposed). At this time i remove the seeds from their baths. I take a paper towel and wet it with warm water. I line the bottom of a black Tupperware container and place the seeds on top of the paper towel. I fold the paper towel over so that the seeds are covered. I then take another Tupperware and place it on top of the first one to create a high humidity environment. I place this whole set up in a dark closet(or any dark place) and check on it until the tap roots are fully exposed. I check approx every 8hrs and re-moisten the paper towel as needed.

This is when I usually place the seedling into the rapid rooters tap root down
IMG_34807.JPG

I place the rapid rooter(with seeds inserted) in a propagation tray (flEaBay for about $18). I place about 2 cups of water in the tray and use a spray bottle to mist the dome of the propagation tray. i place the propagation dome in my veg area which is under a 18/6 light schedule. I check on the seedlings every morning afternoon and night. Making sure the water in the tray doesn't completely evaporate and to continuously mist the dome as well as the tops of the rapid rooters.
IMG_34826.JPG

Once I feel there is a good root system I transplant to their next and sometimes final home.

I hope this helps brother. of theres anything else just say the word.

Thanxx neighbor. I have everything necessary to follow that to the letter; including NYC tap, LOL.
I have added your whole post to my blog for reference.

Good evening everyone. Its been a busy week haven't really gotten to update. Sad to say, I believe one of the PLC seedlings won't pull through. Made a rookie mistake and had the seedlings a little too close to the CFLs. I'm doing all I can to revive her. We'll see how it goes. The other two seedlings are doing well. They have recently been transplanted into their final homes. 5gal DWC buckets with 10" net pots. I had no idea how much hydroton it takes to fill up these pots. I bought a 10liter bag and I barely was able to fill two sets ups. I usually throw away hydroton after use but now I know that i'll be washing and saving as much of his stuff as I can.

I took today off and got a lot of house work done(yes the misses was a happy camper). Aside from laundry I was able to begin my revamp of my veg closet. I can not officially say. I HATE MYLAR!!! I have no clue how y'all hang that stuff so neatly. I guess this is why I work in a hospital and not a construction site. lol.. I hope all is well and have a great weekend!!

And here are the sideways pics lol..

image14458.jpg
image14459.jpg

And here is the scorched Seedling.. Poor baby..
image14460.jpg
image14461.jpg

Newly updated veg set up.
image14457.jpg

Ok please bow ur heads and give a moment of silence to my Injured PLC #3. She didn't make it. She will be missed.

Ok PLC #1&2 received their first feeding this morning. Each bucket was tipped off with 1gal oh adjusted water and the following nutes 2ml GH FloraMicro, 4ml GH FloraGrow, 2ml AN Carboload, 2ml Liquid Orca, and 2ml of Calmag. Just introducing the ladies to nutes so next feeding will completely flush each res and up the feeding. PLC# seems to be moving faster than her sister(wishful thinking).

Since we lost PLC#3 I decided to germ my last two PLC seeds. One seed has cracked And is in her rapid rooter waiting to sprout. The other seed never cracked so it looks like she won't make it. Looks like This grow is gonna showcase 3 out of the 5 plants. Now lets see if I can pull at least 1 female. thanks for stopping in.

PLC#2
image14791.jpg

PLC#1
image14792.jpg

:rip: PLC #3

Good afternoon all and welcome to day 25 rom sprout of my Purple Lemon Cookies (Super lemon OG x Rasberry Cookies xMilkyCookies2). I am happy to say PLC1 has began picking up some speed. She has actually gotten bigger than PLC2. The ladies has a fresh feeding today GH FloraMicro 10ml, GH FloraGrow 15ml, Calmag 7.5ml, Liquid Orca 5ml, GH FloraLicious Plus 5ml.the ladies are definitely drinking more water. I'm just waiting for the roots to hit the bottom of this 10" net pot.

In other news... In the wake of PLC 3 passing I germinated the other two seeds. Sad to say, neither of them sprouted(only one showed tap root). So these are my only two seedlings of this strain. Hopefully I can pull talents one female. If not I guess I will have to make room to grow out my first male plant so I can harvest seeds. Wish me luck!!!! Lol

PLC 1
image15005.jpg
image15006.jpg

PLC 2
image15004.jpg
image15003.jpg

Group Shot
image15007.jpg

Hello everyone. Long time no update. The beg room has been verified interesting recently. It seems PLC2 is suffering from a nute lock out. She isnreceivinghyhe same nutes as PLC2 so I'm not sure what the issue is.today I flushed her and hope she will bounce back. PLC 1 is thriving and in a couple weeks will take a clone off her to determine sex.

image15481.jpg
image15482.jpg

Hey Bro! KJust got caught up, What I take a break and you enter the big leagues?! Looks awesome Tamir!

Hahahaha... I wish... Just gettin to be like you. This thread isn't really moving the way it should but I will continue to update when needed. It's good to see you back on. How the hell do you still have bud from that first grow? I wish I could cure for that long.

What's up neighbor? How is that PLC2 since the flush?

What's up neighbor? How is that PLC2 since the flush?

What's good neighbor, unfortunately PLC2 didn't make it... Very sad.. But PLC1 is definitely thriving. Moved her to the flower tent to get a couple more Veg weeks under the HPS. Will probably flip her end of the first week in December. Thanks for commenting on this thread. It reminded me that I need to post my last update on my multistrain grow. Hope all is well on ur end brother

PLC1 and a iced grapefruit and Damnesia clone keeping her company. She's gotten big
image16030.jpg

Hello all.. Long time no update... We'll better late than never.. I flipped the ladies on 12/1 and they are now finishing day 14. PLC1 is filling out nicely. And so is the iced grapefruit clone. I removed the Damnesia clone as she would have just been over run by the PLC. The PLC has already needed support on her SIDE BRANCHES. I'm very curious as to how she will turn out. I also switched from the 10" net pots on all my new clones and seedlings. For some reason those big bet pits have been giving me issues. See u guys in about another week

image16537.jpg
image16538.jpg
image16539.jpg

PLC is overpowering that iced grapefruit.. I love it!!!
image16540.jpg

Hello all.. Long time no update...
Tell me about it neighbor. Glad to see your still alive. Looks as though everything is moving along smoothly now...

Happy new year everyone!!! My one surviving purple lemon cookies is thriving. Today is day 33 of 12/12. And I'm noticing her colors starting to come out. The smells are unlike anything I've grown so far. When I first open the tent I smell a sweet aroma, but when I really get in there. She starts to give me a more pungent odor. I'm very happy with her progress and recovery. Yes I snapped off her two mail colas during a little too aggressive LST session. Lol well enough of me.. Let's look at her...

image17126.jpg
image17128.jpg
image17127.jpg
image17129.jpg

McD's

Back
Top Bottom