Tamir's 1st grow - dwc special kush and special queen 2014

Gravity Hash? You have a link for me? If not i'll find it. Yea the weight is crazy, that 53g back us now down to 13g lol

And yes I'm most definitely modest. No way I have 9 on my first run. Still have a couple days of drying then into the CVault they go. I can't wait! Thanks again

Its called about 10 different things lol. Gumby hash, gravity hash. Some key terms to lookup. I've written a tutorial about 10 times now in different peoples journals lol not that I'm not willing to write it again, just give me till tonight when I got more time and I'll write up a tutorial for you. Basically all u need is 2 x 5 gallon buckets, a electric mixer or drill with paint mixing bit. Some mesh of sorts, silk screen is best but I use a fine mesh strainer. Some ice and water and away u go. And of course fresh frozen trim and or buds. I sacrifice almost all my popcorn to hash.

IMG_20131023_012619.jpg

Nice sized hash balls. How long do those last usually?

Congrats for the harvest! :goodjob:
You´re welcome on the info. I do understand your questions (i had the same). Slightly squeeze the buds with 2 fingers, you´ll want them a bit dried on the surface but you can still feel some moisture inside. Check the branches too, they´re a good sign. I consider too crispy when it´s already too dried - if you squeeze it crumbles.
You could add some more lines to your card box, I saw in the pics you still got space for a few more.

I only freeze fresh sugar leafs trim. I made cookies only a couple times and used only dried buds. I also want to learn more and try edibles. Been watching some nice videos on youtube about it.

Keep it up! It´s so nice to see people like us who dreamed about getting out of the system and are doing it!
My next run will be in the same spirit: Do the best I can with what I have. Organics & the simplest I can.
My usual "guy" called me today to check if I was alright, lol. Almost free from buying meds, yupi! :)

+ reps for the first harvest

:cheer:
:peace:

Thanks tug.... I can't wait to be free from my guy! He's gonna be mad as hell I make him a nice amount of change

Last or to make? To make about 15 gumby hash runs. 6 hours per run. 3-7 grams a run
Lasting? I give most of it to my step father. He smokes her pretty fast lol and raves about how good it is. He's been smoking hash for 40 years.

Those hash balls aren't from my indoor. In my first journal I helped my buddy harvest 100 plants outdoors. That was part of the by product. I ended up with 130grams of hash. Took about a month to make it all, time consuming. He gave it all to me so was all free just man hours.

Balls I make now out of 6 plants indoor are 5-10 grams. Total

Damn thats a lot of time. Im just gonna stick to making water hash once I buy the micron bags. Well thanks for the reply.

I have a portable washing machine similar to the Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine that I put the trimmings in a mesh bag and place inside the washing machine, I then fill the washing machine with cold water and ice cubes and set it for 2 cycles. I then place my 5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble bags inside of a 5 gallon pail then drain the washing machine through its discharge hose into the bucket. I then remove each bag one at a time as I drain the liquid from the bag. The trichomes are gathered in the bottom of the bags and are removed in different grades and pressed in a pressing screen to remove excess water. I then take my Large Piranha Aluminum Pollen T-Press and press the hashish into convenient sized disks.

Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine

Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine

5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble Bag Kit

https://www.customhydroponic.com 5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble Bag Kit

Large Piranha Aluminum Pollen T-Press

https://www.theothersidevapes.com large piranha aluminum pollen t-press

Each to his own. I own 4 different sets of bubble bags, a dry siv box and 2 mini washing machines.
The guy I make the hash for prefers gumby hash I make. And he's been smoking for 40 years.

Smoker Joe. Reason why it took so long to make is because I had 100 plants 6 to 10 feet tall. Was 10-15 pounds of trim dry. I'm still making canna butter with the dried trim almost a year later lol.

People have asked me so many times to show them how I make it. After next weekends harvest I'll have enough trim to make 10g or so. So I'll take pictures and post a tutorial. My shit don't bubble, it crumbles like hash is supposed to do when heated.
Don't know why anyone would prefer gummy ol snot hash I would always get from bubble bags. And dry siv had too much plant matter left in it for the pot I used.

Cheers everyone. And thanks kingjohn with more good detailed info. As usual :)

Good morning everyone, hope you all had a great weekend. Saturday I was able to chop the Special Queen and man is she sticky. Wet weight is 457g and 91g popcorn. This go round I trimmed all the popcorn bud and I must say they look very smokeable. The SQ has a very brightened green look and smells a little like a cheese strain when u get a close whiff. I'm curious to see how she smokes as I have yet to test her.

I learned a lot from the Special Kush harvest in terms of drying. I originally dried for 4 days and realized that was nowhere near long enough. Put the buds in a paper bag(thanks Tugafox and BAR) and they are definitely crisping up nicely. Stems still dont snap but they are definitely drying thoroughly. Put some of the smaller fully duties buds in a CVault,eyes see how those turn out. I will also practice curing in a mason jar as these CVaults will not give me enough space.

Ok here are some pics from Saturdays harvest. I apologize in advance the the horizontal pics that just how my phone uploads them.

image11605.jpg
image11606.jpg
image11607.jpg
image11608.jpg
image11609.jpg
image11612.jpg
image11613.jpg

Here are a couple pics of the SK after a few days cure.

image11616.jpg
image11617.jpg

Here are OG kush(bag seed), Kali Dog (Royal Queen Seeds), and Special Queen that are about 35 days in flower and a Special Queen and Special kush Clone that were just added to the flower tent yesterday.
image11614.jpg
image11615.jpg

Here is my Veg box with 2 OG Kush Clones vegging in my DWC buckets and my other various clones
image11618.jpg

Congrats Tamir...

Great post, Tamir. Wow, you've got it going on. Delighted for you after all your worries.

:goodjob:

Thanks Teddy.... I'm just trying to get as many ladies as you.

It's not the quantity. It's the quality. (And the quantity :cheesygrinsmiley:)

You're right about that... I just want the best of both worlds. But would much rather have quality.

Ok guys this is it.... Final dry weight on the Special Queen #1 is 89.2g just over 3oz dry.. So between the two plants I pulled out about 5 1/2oz not including popcorn which will probably put me at 6oz. I want to thank you all for your help and patience. This is an experience I will never forget. I will start my next journal once I figure out which of my current clone grows I want to use or just wait and drop more seeds. I'll have that answer sometime tonight. So I can keep the ball rolling. Have a OG Kush, Kali Dog and Special Queen almost 1/2 thru flower and a Special Queen and Special Kush clone that just began flower. Wait.... I also have 2 OG Kush clones that I just put in the DWC buckets..... I'll use those!! Since those will be the ones who are in the biggest buckets. See how easy that was.... See u on the other side!!!

This journal is now closed!!!!
Damn that felt good!

Back
Top Bottom