Tamir's Multistrain DWC Photo & Auto Grow

re: Tamir's Multistrain DWC Photo & Auto Grow

Are you having enough water oxygenation? Don't forget that 20 gallon res might need a bit more oxygenation since it's a bigger water volume to work with. The tea will definitely help you (from what I've read) but do you owe those issues only because of the light penetration on the lid?
You can even pop some frozen 2liter bottles of water and stick them into the bottom or side of the res. Just don't let the roots touch the bottle since they can burn when in contact with ice.

Take into consideration that I'm not yet into my 1st grow, but I've read about root rot plenty of times due to most DWC's having that risk.

Good luck out there! :Namaste:

Are you having enough water oxygenation? Don't forget that 20 gallon res might need a bit more oxygenation since it's a bigger water volume to work with. The tea will definitely help you (from what I've read) but do you owe those issues only because of the light penetration on the lid?
You can even pop some frozen 2liter bottles of water and stick them into the bottom or side of the res. Just don't let the roots touch the bottle since they can burn when in contact with ice.

Take into consideration that I'm not yet into my 1st grow, but I've read about root rot plenty of times due to most DWC's having that risk.

Good luck out there! :Namaste:

Thanks for the input. I currently have 4 - 10" air stones in the res so I don't believe oxygenation is the issue. I do add frozen gallon water bottles that I add to the res as of this morning. And I do believe the issue arose from a light leak. Given the recent temps I may be wrong. Also I have a Bubblegum Auto growing in a DWC bucket in the same room with the same res temps and I haven't has this issue as of yet. Same nutes under same lighting. Just a different bucket. So well see. Thanks for the update

Hello all.... Welcome to day 37 from sprout. The ladies were moved from my veg area to my flower tent so they may take advantage of that HPS bulb. They will be on 18/6 for maybe another month or so.. All photo strains were topped last week. The don't seem to like there new home but I believe the i'll come around and sit up tomorrow. Created a makeshift double scrog so I can stretch these babies out.

image13868.jpg
image13870.jpg
image13871.jpg
image13873.jpg

image13874.jpg

This Exodus Cheese plant still isn't showing much improvement. However I am seeing new root growth. Hopefully she comes around.
image13875.jpg

Hello all.. It's been a long time since I've updated this thread. Ive been a little down due to the brown slime that has plagued this grow. I'm hoping I have thing under control now with the use of Aquashield and Orca Liquid(Great white). I'm finally starting to see some new growth in the plants as well as the roots after a long 9 days of NOTHING! Roots have been white and shown good growth over the last 3 days with no sign of slowing down. I hope I haven't completely Lost you guys as ur my support system.

I'm trying to upload pics to the gallery and it's not processing. What did I miss over these last few days.. Lol

Root rot has been the reason I have not gone DWC yet . Gonna make sure i have something to combat it when I do tho , and enough cash on the side in case i need a chiller . I remember reading some where you can try to wash some of the slime off . Might wanna take a look into that . I think if you keep trying to combat it tho you will succeed .

Hi, I am doing my first DWC with unknown seeds I had for a practice round before using my feminized seeds I purchased. My babies are 4 weeks old today. I might be having some root issues.
DSC_9471.jpg
DSC_9462.jpg
DSC_9467.jpg
DSC_9454.jpg
DSC_9458.jpg

Hey GrapeApe, ur ladies are looking very healthy even with the browning roots. I had the same issue. What nutes and supplements are you using? I was able to remedy the browning root with the following: a full cleaning of the res and soaking each plant in a water and peroxide solution for a couple hrs. I refilled the res with my regular feeding solution minus the carbohydrate supplement. And added Orca Liquid(liquid version of Great White). I filled the res so that the base of the net pots were submerged so new roots could sprout.

Since this change I have seen significant root growth. All new roots are pearly white. And plants have started to shoot up. Hope his helps.

Look in my signature for the tutorial on how to add ur signature to your posts. It will help myself and others locate your journal(if you've started one)

Why can't I upload photos??? This is killing me. I've tried from my phone, ipad, laptop, and desktop. Every time I try to upload a pic it times out!!

I have always loaded one at a time. Now I can't load any. Server times out each time

Why can't I upload photos??? This is killing me. I've tried from my phone, ipad, laptop, and desktop. Every time I try to upload a pic it times out!!
I have always loaded one at a time. Now I can't load any. Server times out each time

Hi Tamir, have you tried turning off your wireless router for a few seconds and then turning it back on again?

:goodluck:

I fought that brown slime for a while before I sat down and did some reading and realized that pythium is going to happen regardless of temps , light leaks and nute brand etc its just a matter of when , must fill that empty void in that res either sterile or live. I tried the h20/peroxide approach and i had similar luck. The slime would leave for a day or 2 and then I would wake up and it would be back and tiwce as bad. This continued for about 2 weeks until i decided to try some compost tea and man I tell you in about 4 days the roots doubled and were growing about an inch a day and so far they have not stopped growing. They consume about a gallon of water every few days and are nice and healthy , with an average res temp of 75-80 and some walmart pumps.

Hi Tamir, have you tried turning off your wireless router for a few seconds and then turning it back on again?

:goodluck:

hey ricorico, i just got it working. pics are horizontal but hey its better than nothing..lol... thanks again

I fought that brown slime for a while before I sat down and did some reading and realized that pythium is going to happen regardless of temps , light leaks and nute brand etc its just a matter of when , must fill that empty void in that res either sterile or live. I tried the h20/peroxide approach and i had similar luck. The slime would leave for a day or 2 and then I would wake up and it would be back and tiwce as bad. This continued for about 2 weeks until i decided to try some compost tea and man I tell you in about 4 days the roots doubled and were growing about an inch a day and so far they have not stopped growing. They consume about a gallon of water every few days and are nice and healthy , with an average res temp of 75-80 and some walmart pumps.

yea that brown slime is a killer. funny thing is, plant can still look healthy as if nothing is wrong for a nice amount of time. Luckily this Orca Liquid is doing the trick. Looks like i will be using this stuff from now on.

thanks for stopping in

Back
Top Bottom