Tamir's 1st grow - dwc special kush and special queen 2014

:bravo: Looking awesome Tamir! Check out these videos on the dry/cure process. Great info!
:goodjob:

Thanks for the vids pitbull. I've actually watched both of those. My issue is actually performing the task. What may be crispy to me may still be moist in a sense. I went back and re-dried the ranch I had and I now believe I have an idea of how "crispy" it should be. Now practicing the cure. I will more than likely order my CVaults on Friday. Chopping atleast one plant Saturday night. Hopefully the CVaults will service by Wednesday/Thursday, just in time for the cure

Ok so I packed .5g today and that shit tastes horrible!!!! Unflushed and uncured bud is the worst. Now I'm gonna flush these ladies for the next 2 weeks just to make sure all is clear. Haha.. You think it's safe to make canna butter/oil from unflushed plant? This branch is so sticky and they high was good. Strong head buzz. Made it hard to concentrate at times. Felt like a new smoker all over again. Lol would love to utilize this THC in my next batch of brownies.

You can make either hashish, cannabis oil, cannabis butter or a tincture with the un flushed buds and trimmings.

You can make either hashish, cannabis oil, cannabis butter or a tincture with the un flushed buds and trimmings.

Thanks KJC, just have to learn how to make them cause I'm gonna have a lot of trim and popcorn buds in about a week 1/2.

Thank u sir... Salute!!

I'm thinking I need to hit you up for a bong hit - yours will be ready before mine :)

Bud I got you!!!! Only if you hit it out of that Incredi-bowl with the XL chamber!! Lol

Just ordered my CVaults!!!! Should be here by time my harvest is ready for cure. Special Queen is getting chopped Saturday night. Most fan leaves are already yellow from the flush. May let the Special Kush go until next week as the buds aren't as plump as I would like. Do y'all think the buds can swell with no nutes?

Oh yeah, H day is coming Tamir, Nice!
I bet you didn´t regret def. one bit :)
Get ready for a night of trimming those good looking fat buds :D
My MM buds were small (I should not have trimmed so much before drying) and were drying too fast so after 3 days in the card box I put them in paper bags to even out moisture before jarring. It worked well and I´ll be using that method again.
Saw a video about C.Vaults, pretty nice stuff
Cheers

Oh yeah, H day is coming Tamir, Nice!
I bet you didn´t regret def. one bit :)
Get ready for a night of trimming those good looking fat buds :D
My MM buds were small (I should not have trimmed so much before drying) and were drying too fast so after 3 days in the card box I put them in paper bags to even out moisture before jarring. It worked well and I´ll be using that method again.
Saw a video about C.Vaults, pretty nice stuff
Cheers

Yea I'm ready to get this started!!! I hope my cardboard box doesn't dry them too fast.. If so the CVault with soften them up. I may try the paper bag method. Just gotta find where I can get paper bags. Haven't seen one in the grocery store in years. What's the actual process?

Hey Tamir, several drying methods are out there and I'll be using the hanger method - similar to the Youtube video CO Finest (who also uses CVaults) put up recently regarding curing - looks easy and painless. The difference between mine and COs setup is I just grabbed one of those toy hanger things from IKEA and lined the bottom of each section with paper bag - suppose cardboard would be just as good. :peace:

Like budnoob, I also saw CO Finest video and think his is a very good method.
I use the card box and paper bags (here I got the bags from a Natural Products store but the fast food restaurants also have them for take-away) cause I don´t have a drying hanger or any other "fancy" stuff. I had one of those toys hanging things which I threw away before starting my grows. I will buy another one of those just for drying, it´s cheap and does the job.
Budnoob´s idea of lining with paper bag is good, thanks :thumb:
The process is first evaluating the bud (something not easy to describe by words and bud size matters here) and if it´s almost dried to the touch - but not crispy - I then put the buds inside the paper bags (not totally closed) for a couple more days until thiner branches snap. I don´t fill up the bags much. Then, everyday, I check the buds and turn them around inside the bag so they don´t stick to each other.
Some people use the paper bags from day 1. I use them as step 2 before jarring.
I have been keeping the dry card box with 1 lid open in a dark, well ventilated place. I don´t close the whole box as humidity here has been high.
Hope I explained it well, even pics can´t show how buds are to the touch. I´m sure you´ll get a hand of it after trying it ;)
:peace:

Yea I'm ready to get this started!!! I hope my cardboard box doesn't dry them too fast.. If so the CVault with soften them up. I may try the paper bag method. Just gotta find where I can get paper bags. Haven't seen one in the grocery store in years. What's the actual process?
Hello Tamir. All the little Candy Stores still have paper bags. You must not have kids, right? LOL... Also the Bodegas that sell loosies have them still.

Hey Tamir, several drying methods are out there and I'll be using the hanger method - similar to the Youtube video CO Finest (who also uses CVaults) put up recently regarding curing - looks easy and painless. The difference between mine and COs setup is I just grabbed one of those toy hanger things from IKEA and lined the bottom of each section with paper bag - suppose cardboard would be just as good. :peace:

yea I got a chance to check out CO Finest vids and the process makes sense. It's just the act seems so much different. That experience matters. But I thank you for the tips.

Like budnoob, I also saw CO Finest video and think his is a very good method.
I use the card box and paper bags (here I got the bags from a Natural Products store but the fast food restaurants also have them for take-away) cause I don´t have a drying hanger or any other "fancy" stuff. I had one of those toys hanging things which I threw away before starting my grows. I will buy another one of those just for drying, it´s cheap and does the job.
Budnoob´s idea of lining with paper bag is good, thanks :thumb:
The process is first evaluating the bud (something not easy to describe by words and bud size matters here) and if it´s almost dried to the touch - but not crispy - I then put the buds inside the paper bags (not totally closed) for a couple more days until thiner branches snap. I don´t fill up the bags much. Then, everyday, I check the buds and turn them around inside the bag so they don´t stick to each other.
Some people use the paper bags from day 1. I use them as step 2 before jarring.
I have been keeping the dry card box with 1 lid open in a dark, well ventilated place. I don´t close the whole box as humidity here has been high.
Hope I explained it well, even pics can´t show how buds are to the touch. I´m sure you´ll get a hand of it after trying it ;)
:peace:

Thanks a million Tug... Your explanation was clear and easy to follow. And ur right I get a take out bag once a week. Damn didn't even notice. my thing is, crispy to me may be different then most. I worry too damn much. The branch that I pulled off last week taste a lot better now after a few days cure. Thanks for the info.

Hello Tamir. All the little Candy Stores still have paper bags. You must not have kids, right? LOL... Also the Bodegas that sell loosies have them still.

Hahaha and it's funny I get little bags every day from the loose spot. And my kids stay comin home with candy. Thought I was looking for a big supermarket size bag. Lol... I got u.... But check this next update!!! Smh

Ok ok ok.... Due to an unforeseen event, I'm gonna chop both ladies down by Friday night. Starting with the Special Kush tonight. When te misses says we're going on vacation, then vacation it is!!! I'll be sure to give you guys a wet weight after each plant is done... Let's go!!!

Should have all I need for my first harvest
image11463.jpg
image11464.jpg

Ok so 2 1/2 hrs in, I finished all my main colas. There were 11 that weighed in over 18g wet. That wet weight in the main colas is 284g. I still have tons if popcorn to sift through and atleast another 15 smaller bud sites . This gonna be a long night. Sorry for the sideways pics

image11474.jpg
image11476.jpg
image11477.jpg
image11478.jpg
image11479.jpg

All popcorn and smaller bud sites
image11480.jpg

This is one of the smaller bud sites
image11475.jpg

Congrats neighbor.

:bravo::bravo::bravo:

A long night, but a joyous one, eh? Takes me back to Harvest Festival when I was a kid. *Hums* "Bringing in the sheaves, Bringing in the sheaves, We will be rejoicing, Bringing in the sheaves"
:high-five:

Thanks guys.... I'm still at it. Question, how the elm do you store the popcorn buds and trim? I doubt in gonna make hash but i'll prolly use them for making edibles. So do I dry them? Freeze then wet? Any help is appreciated?

Back
Top Bottom