Grow Version 1.0 - Reserva Privada Hurricane - LED - DWC - Mainline

Atulip
Ah thanks man; that link makes more sense :)
So did you try this technique? My biggest concern is that I'm about 2-2.5 weeks from harvest and I'm wondering if the technique could slow other "flower swelling" on the plant...

Camo
Yeah dude, scrubber is a must have if you don't want the interior of your house smelling.. However I'm thinking a scrubber will only really be needed for my setup in the last 4-7 weeks as my odor was going out the window exhaust until recently.

KCMP
Thanks for watching out for me; I appreciate it... Think I'm good considering I never use any odor control in the actual grow room (door closed) and my grow cab has activated carbon filter sheets on intake. If you think I should still have cause for concern please let me know... Thanks

I tried it on a few buds of my first grow, but honestly I didn't pay much attention to it, and just smoked what I clipped lol. I don't think I'd try it past the halfway mark in flowering.

Atulip
Okay thanks for the info... IMO I'm too late in flower to be munking with that technique, but prolly one I'll try on my next grow.

Mini Update
Plants look about the same today; I'll post up some pics tomorrow. To me it seems like "swelling" is slowing, but maybe I just look at them too much to gauge. Overall I'm not super happy with their flower size, but I'm thinking I should still get enough out of this grow to hold me through my next grow. I'm hoping 3 oz dry, but hard for me to gauge.

Sooo... I did try some of these Hurricane flowers over the weekend -- OMG they are like candy; I ficken love it!!! I'm not trying to float my own boat, but I seriously think these Hurricane flowers are better than any flowers I've boughten at the recreational dispensary since I lived here and flowers in my area are almost $50 for 3.5 grams out the door (with locals discount). The buzz even with no cure is quite strong. However its a great hybrid mix thats hard hitting, not too racey, but also doesn't give you too much couchlock. Last night I was baked and chasing the dog around the house with my son's remote control car -- I was laughing so hard it hurt... I've also noticed they don't give you much of a dry mouth or super red eyes; +1 for that... I'm very happy with what I've tasted so far and will be interesting to see how they are after another week of flower + proper flush.

BTW -- those outdoor flowers I havested a few weeks ago didn't turn out all that good. Neither the WW or the Bag Seed taste or smell that great. They will give you a buzz, but tend to make me tried after an hour or so... I will probably keep them as "back up" in case I run out, but am not eager to smoke them. Maybe I'll make a huge batch of brownies over xmas and get my whole family baked ;)

Will try to update with some pics tomorrow.

Be well and happy growing.

Update
Began the final flush today, and am currently planning on harvesting this Friday. I'll continue to drain + add fresh water daily until Friday, or until the PPM stops rising to ensure these ladies have a proper flush.

IMO these plants are looking pretty ugly, as they have been since I started using AN additives. That said I made due on AN's "100% satisfaction guarantee" -- I returned a number of the AN additives I bought for a refund as I believe they are not helping my plants and instead hurting them. Although this is only speculation I believe my yield may have been impacted by damage done with the AN additives.

Here they are as of this AM (not much change since last update).

Bama
Thanks man... Hard to see in the pics, but I have all sorts of issues going on with the remaining fan leaves. I've just been kinda ignoring the issues given harvest is so close.

I'm curious as to what I'll pull out of this grow... I'm thinking 3-4 oz, which is way less than I'd hoped. However hard to gauge given my lack of grow experience... Quality is there for sure; this is some of the best smoke I've ever had! :)

Looking awesome! I would not worry about the fan leaf issues since you are so close to flush/harvest anyways. Sorry to hear that the AN boosters did not work out for you. Based on the last round of pictures it looks like a calcium deficiency with maybe a bit of nitrogen tox? I have found that it is sometimes hard to separate between burn and deficiencies late in flower. Most of the AN boosters contain a bit of N so I always try to cut back on my Grow base when I start adding them.

If you want to run your trim for BHO let me know and I would be happy to help you out. I have a small setup and can do only do 2g batches at a time, but so far it has been pretty excellent stuff. I can make either shatter or wax depending on your preference.

I would also guess that you have at least 2oz on each of those plants. :bravo:

Also.....

Have you thought about your drying setup yet? I have found that my ideal dry time is around 7 days (which is hard with the rather low humidity here in CO as your know). My Kandy Kush was the best weed I have ever grown, and that went through a 7 day dry before hitting the jars.

I was not as diligent with the humidity when drying my Golden Goat and it was ready to jar after about 5 days. I do not think I allowed enough chlorophyll to degrade and the smoke was rather harsh as a result. It also always retained a little bit of that "fresh grass" aroma we all despise.

KCMP
Thanks for stopping by and the words...

I stopped trying to diagnose the nute issues as I entered the final flower stages; figured it was "too late" to correct with any benefit. I do agree; it appears that I had some N toxicity.

I would take you up on the BHO, but I'm down in the Springs and IIRC you mentioned being up in Denver... BTW -- if you are ever heading to the Springs drop me a PM; I'll gift you a care package so you can try this Hurricane out!

I'm thinking I will do the initial dry (leave flowers on stems to slow the initial dry) right in my grow cab so that I have control over the humidity. Thinking to run my humidifier in there to try and achieve around 50% RH. I'll then sweat for a few days using tupperware containers before moving to jars for final storage. Let me know if you have comments on this approach as I surely want the best dry/cure possible after all this work :)

Frankly I'm disappointed in what "I think" my yield will be; I was hoping for 3+ oz per plant... Oh well; gives me something to work towards in my next grow!

Thanks again!

Update
So I did the deed today -- harvest!!!

:cheer::allgood:

I've been flushing them since Monday AM - changing the water (+flawless finish) daily. I also had them in about 30hrs of complete darkness before the harvest this AM.

I took a shit load of pics today and I'm just going to batch them below because I'm a bit short on time.

I'll do a final weigh-in once I get them initially dried + cleaned + sweated... I have no idea what on how much I'll yield, but I'm thinking around 4oz total (dry).

I did enter one of the plants in the Plant of the month contest, but there are a ton of really nice plants this month so no chance IMO :)

All right everyone, hope all is well and have a nice weekend!

resized024.jpg

resized046.jpg

resized044.jpg

resized043.jpg

POTM_Dec_1.png

POTM_Dec_2.png

resized00224.jpg

resized0183.jpg

resized0155.jpg

resized00810.jpg

resized00321.jpg

resized00516.jpg

resized0202.jpg

resized036.jpg

resized030.jpg

resized0128.jpg

Update
So I did the deed today -- harvest!!!

:cheer::allgood:

Cogreen,
Awesome journal and harvest.:bravo:
I saw your entry on POTM and I was attracted to the purpling and frost of your buds.
Hold still so I can slap ya....... with some + reps! Well done my man.:goodjob:
Pretty dense looking nugs yo...You might exceed your goal.

Stage
Thanks for stoppin' by, the kind works and the rep bro! I appreciate it.

The flowers are actually bigger than I thought now that I got them in my hands, but I suspect they'll shrink a bit as they dry.

BTW -- this Hurricane is some really good smoke IMO... Have been trimming small flowers for a few weeks now and am mighty happy with the quality!

Thanks again dude!

Cogreen those are some fine looking buds. WAYYY better than what I grew my first round. After taking a look at those bare trunks I think I am going to give mainlining a shot next round.

I actually might be driving down to CO Springs to get a door off of craigslist sometime in the near future. I would like to pair it up with a climb of Pikes so it will be a long day but If I end up heading down I will PM you my number.

That dry plan you had seems pretty solid. My only advice would be to keep them from drying out too fast. Bodeva humidipacks are also cheap off of Amazon, and they are pretty awesome for maintaining the right RH once they go into jars. I think the 52% is the cannabis specific one but I am not sure since I am out.

KCMP
Thanks man; much appreciated!

In addition to the other benefits of mainlining it sure made harvest easier (only main colas to trim / clean). I'll likely use mainlining again on my next grow; I'm pretty sold on it.

Sounds good, drop me a PM if you're in the area.

Yeah I have a bunch of Boveda 62's for that purpose so hopefully I'm all set. RH in the cab (drying) is around 50% -- can't get it any higher without a bigger humidifier.

Have a good one!

A quick observation on air stones for you hydro folks...

I've been using "Active Aqua" 4-inch round air stones for the past few months. Although I have no complaints about their bubble factor, I do have a complaint about their durability.

I was cleaning out my equipment only to find that all 6 of my air stones were trash. It appears that the plastic barbs (where you hook the air hose) become very brittle after being in a res for a few months -- all of them just snapped off when I tried to remove my air hoses. I was carefull when pulling the hoses off, but the barbs were so brittle they just snapped... Nice; about $50 in the garbage!!

I did some searchig and came across these air stones on Amazon made by "BubbleMac". They are white Glass-bonded Silica and have a 2 year warranty. A little pricey but the warrenty makes me feel cautiously optimistic... I'll report on them in my next grow.

The harvest continues to dry... Probably a few more days and they'll be ready for a clean-up and sweat.

Peace!

Where did you get airstones that expensive at? I picked up the 12 inch curtain bar air stones for $5 ea, 4 of them from my first grow. They're in my Gatorade cooler for ACT now, still working fine. There's also 4 inch round ones are $3 ea. All on eBay.

Back
Top Bottom