Grow Version 1.0 - Reserva Privada Hurricane - LED - DWC - Mainline

Imtrimmin
Thanks man. IMO you're off to a good start, so I have high hopes for your grow!

Camo
Thanks for stoppin' by and the kind words... So far I haven't had enough dankness (smell) to impact odor outside my house; even when I had the outdoor plants growing or when drying them (the strongest odor yet). I would suspect if you are scubbing you should be fine outside your house. Like I said dude -- you should move to CO :) A few less worries.

b0rker
Thanks for stopping by and the suggestion. I'm sure what you suggested would work, but my biggest concerns on that front are:
(a) I have no room for the scubber in my current cab; it's packed tight in all directions. I'll be adding another 24" of vertical height to my cab after this grow which should give me the room I need for a scrubber.
(b) I would have to drill a 6" hole in my cab; would be messy, tho possible without having to move the plants.

I really hope I can mitigate the smell using ona until I harvest these plants so that I can do the modifications/install properly... We'll see. :)

Amberly
Hi and welcome to the community. I appreciate your kind words. I have my fingers (double) crossed that I can get these plants through another month or so to harvest. Seems so close, yet so far away :)

Thanks again everyone. Happy growing and be well!

Hey Cogreen well that gives me some good feeling that I may not have to worry about outside dankness so they neighbors don't call or something. Which is my only true worry as of now. I looked up the ipower filters you said you got and like them, they are also like half the price of Phresh, so I'm goin with ipower ! +Reps for that man fr. But you said it'll be your next grow before you can use it correct ? So your not using a filter at all am I right ?

On moving to CO damn dude I want to bad, but if I'm not mistaken jobs there still have drug tests and drug policies against marijuana so idk what kind of job I would be able to get there if I moved ! Any suggestions? I got to have a source of income for the family ya know

perhaps just hook up the entire thing outside the grow room and just scrub the entire room? ;p some of the reviews I got on the ipower I got from amazon were people using them just for that... be we all know these are for grow rooms not baby rooms lol.. =) hopefully you figure it out.. I never minded my smell.. but when I had someone come in and go .. what..the.... hell is that smell!? I knew I needed to fix it.. I'm subscribed so I'll be following you along!

Camo
I have some DIY carbon filters on my cab exhaust, but I only have them on during lights-out to keep any light out of the cab.. When lights are on I don't have any filtering -- exhaust from my cab right into my room and then I have an exhaust fan in my window (to outside) on a thermometer switch. I don't smell anything outside, not even next to my grow room. However I only have 2 plants and perhaps the strain is just not that stinky (yet), not sure. Obviously some grows do smell outside as I smell them all the time when I'm walking/running the dog around here :)

So yeah, I can't vouch for well the iPower brand works; I just did some review reading before purchasing. Seems like a lot of good reviews to me.

Yeah it's up to the employer if they want to screen here and I don't have any insight as to if there is more or less screening here. Send me a PM with your areas of interest/expertise and I'll have a look around. Or you can move here and we can start a commercial grow business :) Seriously if someone asked me what I thought was a good area for business investment I'd say the legal MJ business; it's such a new economy with a lot of room for growth (no pun intended) and innovation.

b0rker
Good idea man and thanks for that!
I have no concerns about the smell outside my house; it's more about keeping it from going upstairs so my wife doesn't get cranky! :)
Yesterday I put a can of ona at the top of my basement stairs (grow area in a basement room right at the bottom of the stairs). Seems to be working well for now as it keeps the smell from sneaking upstairs and into the living room / kitchen. If it gets worse I might just stick a jar of ona right upstairs somewhere, lol.

Thanks again!

Ahh ok diy filters, makes sense. But yeah it could be the strain and not so far into flower yet. Who knows, just all contemplation. But I read like 50 reviews on amazon they all seem pretty good. Alright thank you for the reply man, ill for sure pm ya :)

b0orker thanks for your thoughts on the ipower filters! It's what I'm gonna get so hopefully the reviews don't lie lol

Cogreen the girls are looking mighty frosty dude ;) I mean wow! But yeah I guess the whole smell thing is a bridge I will have to cross when I get there. Tho that you mentioned this ipower combo fan &filter I'm gonna look into it for sure! Just want to be prepared for if you can smell the plants when you pull into my driveway, cause I do live in a none complaint state and they'll lock your ass up fast for possession and your talkin felonies for plants ! So I got to be safe lol

This is how my primary fan is set up .. pulls from tent through filter... But i have a secondary charcoal to vent the room out.. so flower tent really gets filtered twice...The only issue with pull design.. it does suck in the sides of tent in my case... have to regulate it down..

I still have a smell in the house.. my grow is in the basement. the reason i have come to is the air venting from my grow room in the basement is 75 degree's so it wants to rise up to the house... Basement door closed is no issue but if i leave it open.. Well let's just say one day from a harvest and one hanging to dry in there.. I smelled it when I walked in my house today ;) Still haven't given up yet but an expansion may be coming so I was waiting before drastic attempts.

FE

Yeah I remember the box, I just didn't know if it was some where that you could control the humidity. But that all makes sense to me brother. I'm sure it's still gonna be great smoke! Especially since you've invested with the boveda packs

If they are good and dry.. not over dry then cure should be very simple by just burping the jars 5 minutes a day for a few weeks.. or my case til it was all gone ;) Boveda packs if i understood correctly are more for long term storage. kinda after cure...i have read as well it can mess with flavor.
I hung the plants for a week made sure dried to my liking.. usually a week..Min...I was right in flower room last time high humidity. and right in veg room this time but RH is a little low 55-60. if high humidity then a fan below the buds to stimulate the air... Really dry no idea... add humidity...(humidifier Of course) drying too fast is bad... The slower you dry it the faster it will cure... But too slow will mold.. so proceed there with caution! I burped for two weeks daily.. then about 10 mins once a week from there... took about a month plus to get the best flavor.. But it was poop flavored for me so it tasted like better poop after a month...

Hope you get something from this.. just what I read and from a couple harvest.. about to go clean up the buds now and harvest a delicious Pineapple Chunk Tom night.

:peace:

FE

FE
Thanks for always sharing your knowledge man.. +reps for that.

I have some outdoor flowers curing now. I think I over-dried them a bit on the rack so when I jarred them I added the b62 packs for about 4 days to do a little rehydration. I've since taken the humidity packs out and the flowers have seemed to retain a decent amount of moisture... Unfortunately these outdoor flowers don't taste the best nor are they overly potent... Hoping that gets a little better with some more curing time, but I'm guessing my lack of care for these outdoor plants is showing through in the product.

I also noticed you leave your trimmed flowers on the main colo (stem) for initial drying... I may try that next time.

Enjoy your Pineapple Chunk harvest!

Hey cogreen glad I found my way over here! I have lots of catching up to do but your plants look fantastic. Glad to see another Colorado grower on the forum.

I have been very interested in Reserva Privada's genetics so I am definitely on board for this one.

FE
Thanks for always sharing your knowledge man.. +reps for that.

I have some outdoor flowers curing now. I think I over-dried them a bit on the rack so when I jarred them I added the b62 packs for about 4 days to do a little rehydration. I've since taken the humidity packs out and the flowers have seemed to retain a decent amount of moisture... Unfortunately these outdoor flowers don't taste the best nor are they overly potent... Hoping that gets a little better with some more curing time, but I'm guessing my lack of care for these outdoor plants is showing through in the product.

I also noticed you leave your trimmed flowers on the main colo (stem) for initial drying... I may try that next time.

Enjoy your Pineapple Chunk harvest!

Thank you for the kind words....

I always seem to pipe in and I hope it helps out but always take it lightly as I am still a Noob. Just 3 harvests so far... but the PC did exceed my expectations. Not only is it very solid from a yield stand point.. A lot of buds hanging.. but I have never gotten bud from anyone with tric's like this. So i figured some stuff out..I tested it green and it taste better than my last harvest ..lol

I just always want to give my disclaimer ;)

have a good day CG ;)

KCMP
Hey fellow Colorado grower, I appreciate you stopping by. I actually started my grow off with "Super Sour Alien" from Reserva Privada in addition to the Hurricane. However the SSA was a bit more finicky (and I was much less experienced) than the Hurricane so I ended up culling the SSA out of my grow awhile back... I have a bunch of strains from Nirvana for my next grow, but so far this Hurricane has been pretty easy to maintain.

I'm going to swing by your journal and checkout what you have going on.

Thanks again man!

FE
Glad the PC harvest is treating you well! At 3 harvests in, you are way ahead of me and any $0.02 you provide is appreciated... At the end of the day I try to take in all the info I can and make and educated decision.

Have a good one sir!

Indoor Plants (mini-update)
The plants are in the middle of a mini-flush and I'll re-nute when their done... I'll try to post a few pics up tomorrow, but nothing overly exciting happening with them other than flower, flower, flower... And smell, smell, smell... I have to do additional smell mitigation today; the wife keeps saying she smells it upstrairs... Sigh I can't wait to do my cab mods after this grow so I have a real scubber... Or my wife starts to enjoy the odor. The former is more likely :)

Be well!

Before getting into a short update, I wanted to thank everyone again for all the help and support they've provided... You all rock!

Indoor Plants
They got a mini-flush and re-nute yesterday -- still in the mid 400PPM range. IMO they are looking OK; although there's still some signs of what appears to be N toxicity (the claw). At this point I'm not sure how to cut out any more N in the regimen given even the base bloom nutes have N. I'll probably just keep on my 1-1-2 program for now and hope that I can get them through another 4 weeks or so until harvest. I still haven't been using the AN boosters on these ladies as I don't want to chance any more burn and/or toxicity issues; that was money well spent ;) ...

Here they are at day 42 of flower.

resized00119.jpg

View image in gallery

Have a great weekend everybody!

I'm late for work, but priorities first!

Plants are looking awesome! Ya know I've been getting N tox too but I finally said fuck it. It's only affecting one plant of mine but It was so bad at the start of flower that it it stunted my growth I think. I'm going to have to read in depth about Nitrogen because I must be missing something. I bet it's a pH problem for me but all my readings check out... I'm confused

N toxicity seems odd, especially at such low ppm. You have a very delicate strain lol. They look gorgeous though. What do they smell like?

Atulip
Hey thanks for stopping by and the compliments.

Yeah I agree a N tox issue does seem odd. I'm obviously not sure that's even what it is; N tox characteristics just seem to fit most with what I'm seeing here. Maybe it is a nute sensitive strain; no idea since this is my 1st grow. I think it's also worth considering how much defol I've done here; when they were bushy in veg I was close to 700PPM... Until heavy defol.

They have an odd smell up close... Very earthy, with a light undertone of chocolate and spice. Not what I was expecting, but the flowers are starting to look pretty tasty! :)

Camo
Thanks brother I appreciate it! Interestingly enough they look even frostier without the LEDs, under normal eye / light... Sometimes I forget just how much the LED throws off the true color, even with the method 7 glasses I have.

Hey man just noticed those small LED uplights that you have. Super cool! I am looking at integrating more vertical lighting into my system next round. I have been looking into it and think I can build LED fixtures much cheaper than they are selling them for.

How do you like those method 7s? After working under all the LED units in the tent for an hour my brain is about ready to explode.

Here is a cool trick though..... If you light a regular bic under LED grow lights the flame will appear green.

KCMP
Hey dude, thanks for stoppin by...

Yeah I agree on the cost of these "floodlight LEDs"; I'm not overly impressed + they are all on separate plugs which is a pain the ass (unless you want to re-wire)... I have 4 in the cab now and 4 more (brand new) I'm trying to sell. Wishing I would've looked more into those "grow strips / bars" they have out; line the lower walls with them or something to get some under canopy lighting action :)

I love the method 7 glasses; seriously LEDs mess with my eyes w/o them... HA, I never heard of that bic trick; will try it when the girls wake up from their nap.

Back
Top Bottom