Lucky Charms First RDWC Grow

dreadkrazy

420-magazine-mobile1157312236.jpg

Hey guys! I've been growing for a while now and up til now, I've grown in soil and coco.
Now I've decided to switch to RDWC, so this is what I'm currently working with: 4 lucky charms clones A.K.A pot of gold, 5x 5 gal buckets, 1/2 feed line, 2inch PVC returns, 1 550 you water pump 4 large air stones, 6 inch net pots, clay pebbles, 4x4 indoor tent, passive intake, 4x marshydro 300 LED lights, skunk lab horticulture nutrients, and 15 gal RO water

If you would like to see the plants in the first 4 weeks, go my YouTube search for my channel titled dreadkrazy and find my playlist titled Lucky Charms RDWC 2016, I post at least once a week.

Now, when I first brought these babies into my garden, they were shabby looking. They came in small rock wool cubes and I planted them into a 1 gal container with coco coir and perlite. After about a week I built standalone bubble buckets and ripped the freshly rooted clones from their happy home and put them into the dwc buckets. This is where I started the pre veg week nutes as follows:
.5mls/gal ResClear
.5mls/gal Silicate
1mls/gal CaliMagic
1.5mls/gal Bloom A
1.5mls/gal Bloom B

Preveg

420-magazine-mobile659093738.jpg

After a week, my roots started to drop into the water so that is when I started WK1 VEG nutes as follows:

1mls/gal ResClear
1mls/gal Silicate
1.5mls/gal CaliMagic
1.5mls/gal Veg A
1.5mls/gal Veg B

WK1 VEG

420-magazine-mobile247326937.jpg

420-magazine-mobile210558252.jpg

After 7 days it was time to make some changes, I got tired of dealing with the pH of every bucket individually so I went to the grow store and bought 10 of 1/2 black tubing, several 1/2 straight barbed connections,a T connector, some1/2 grommets, a ball valve,and a 550/gph water pump. After a couple of hours messing with the system I built, the only way I could the system to run without flooding the first two buckets was to turn my ball valve almost completely off. I decided to order in some parts and increase my drainage diameter to 2 inchs, but I had to wait a week for the parts so I did a res change and started WK2 VEG nutes as follows:

1mls/gal ResClear
1mls/gal Silicate
2mls/gal CaliMagic
2mls/gal Veg A
2mls/gal Veg B
I think my ppms was at 250
My pH was 5.6

Now, about a week later I got my parts so I waited until res-change day and upgraded to a 2 inch drainage, I left the 1/2 inch feed line. After filling up with 15 gal RO water, I noticed the drainage was having no problem keeping up with my 550gph water pump!!!! I then mixed in WK3 VEG nutes as follows:

2mls/gal ResClear
1mls/gal Silicate
2mls/gal CaliMagic
3mls/gal Veg A
3mls/gal Veg B

The end of WK3 VEG

420-magazine-mobile1501420322.jpg

Now, I like to tinker with stuff to much and up until now, I had a 315 watt ceramic metal halide light above these girls, I felt that these girls we begging me for a set of LEDs. I had 6 of them with 4 already in use, and I need 4 per tent....so I ordered in 2 more marshydro 300 watt(140watts from the wall), I did this right after the wk3 res change,shipping said it would take 4 days. Meanwhile, throughout wk3, my roots doubled in size, they really enjoyed the flow of my upgrades! So fast forward a week and those lovely ladies are ready for WK4 VEG nutes as follows:

2mls/gal ResClear
1mls/gal Silicate
2.5mls/gal CaliMagic
4mls/gal Veg A
4mls/gal Veg B
4mls/gal Vital Boost
320ppms and 5.6 pH

Right after I did res-change, I hung up my SCROG, and hung my 4 LEDs up.Fast forward a few days and here we are on Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving to anyone who reads this!!! Over the past few days I've been tucking branches under the lines and these girls are responding beautifully! Yesterday I decided to experiment with some defoliation on 3 of my plants. In a couple of days I'll be back with wk 5 res change which will probably be the last week or so, I might run 1 more after that just to fill my SCROG the way I want it. Thank you for joining and following along

WK4 VEG
420-magazine-mobile1921020983.jpg

Sent from my Z987 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

awesome grow so far and I like your tats! why did you decide to move to RDWC? I have been wanting to try a different medium. Plants and setup looks good :thumb:

I decided to switch because I love trying new things and this seemed like the next level for me to try and learn, so far though, I really believe this is my new favorite way to grow! My plants are just screaming at me they are healthy.

Awesome, I feel like I'm headed down that path now too. Did you follow a guide or just go at it and wish for the best. I love when my plants are happy and I would love to have the growth that comes with RDWC.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I've been checking into it for awhile now, but truly I have a green thumb and I'm pretty good at listening to my girls. If you'd like to follow along and learn with me though just subscribe to my YouTube channel, I've done that for a while now but this is my first time posting in a forum like....ever lol I've been a ghost for years but I'm changing that now lol

Awesome i will for sure follow a long before I take the plunge. Now the real question... what is your favorite strain thus far??

No to be honest. On my only thread once I added a photo to it using the app on my phone it auto added it as the cover photo

Maybe in matters if you used the attachment setting vs the CDN settings in media uploads. Could be

You too, which mars 300 are you using? I really want to make some cobs but just haven't had the time. I for sure need more power if I'm going to add a strain like I want.

You too, which mars 300 are you using? I really want to make some cobs but just haven't had the time. I for sure need more power if I'm going to add a strain like I want.

I'm using two of the classic white Mars 300, you can't find them on their website, only on eBay, but the other 2 are the "upgraded" reflector series I think they're called Mars reflector 240w

Hiya, nice looking plants and some good tweaks. We are just in the process of switching to rdwc so enjoying your thread. Got a guy whose been growing this way for a while, he swears by anything "blue", says he gets great results. You literally have to crawl on the floor to get from 1 side of his room to another. He grows 9 plants in a 12'x12' room and they stand over 6' and 3' wide.....look like Xmas trees!! He normally pulls a minimum of 100oz from 9 plants and has easily pulled 160oz on a few occasions. That's my goal. I'm looking forward to following how you get on ☺

Sent from my E2303 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hiya, nice looking plants and some good tweaks. We are just in the process of switching to rdwc so enjoying your thread. Got a guy whose been growing this way for a while, he swears by anything "blue", says he gets great results. You literally have to crawl on the floor to get from 1 side of his room to another. He grows 9 plants in a 12'x12' room and they stand over 6' and 3' wide.....look like Xmas trees!! He normally pulls a minimum of 100oz from 9 plants and has easily pulled 160oz on a few occasions. That's my goal. I'm looking forward to following how you get on ☺

Sent from my E2303 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Very nice, I'm hoping for at least 4oz per plant in my 4x4 but my tent is only 6 ft tall lol. I have a true goal of 7 oz per plant though, I'll be ecstatic if I get that!

Alright guys just did the res-change for WK5 VEG as follows:

2.0 ml/gal ResClea
1.0 ml/gal Silicate
2.5 ml/gal CaliMagic
5.5 ml/gal Veg A
5.5 ml/gal Veg B
4.0 ml/gal Vital Boost
7.0 ml total PH UP

5.5 PH/420 PPM

No I didn't try for 420

420-magazine-mobile596968820.jpg