First Grow - Casey Jones - DWC - SCROG - Ice Probe Thermoelectric Chiller

Casey is doing her morning stretch routine and she is glowing today. Canopy is coming together nicely. Maybe I will end up with a bunch of foot long colas. Raised light 1 inch.

I am loving this DWC bubbler setup. She has been on cruise control, I only need to check on her once or twice a week after res change to top her off and shave her legs.

I have zero green growth under screen. I do however have some new branches that start about level or a little above screen and are only and inch or two long. Should i remove these so energy isn't wasted on non top shelf nugs? or leave and hope they fill in to make massive colas?

Day 20 Flower

20150824_191236.jpg

Sorry to hijack your thread but due to a silly error by myself my tent was exposed to max temps of 34 degrees for 3 hours max will that have been enough time to do any damage ? Thanks in advance for any comments

Sorry to hijack your thread but due to a silly error by myself my tent was exposed to max temps of 34 degrees for 3 hours max will that have been enough time to do any damage ? Thanks in advance for any comments

34C ~93F you should be fine. Plants tend to sweat more in hot temps, using and losing a lot of water. Make sure she didn't dry out.

32 degrees is freezing.
imagine putting a warm can of beer in the fridge @ 34 degrees. in three hours it would probably be frozen.
many variables here. the first being, how healthy were the plants prior to the three hour freeze? how old and big are the plants. what are typical temperatures?
cannabis is hard to kill. temperature is a killer.

:edit:
are you growing in a freezer? how did you get it so damn cold?

32 degrees is freezing.
imagine putting a warm can of beer in the fridge @ 34 degrees. in three hours it would probably be frozen.
many variables here. the first being, how healthy were the plants prior to the three hour freeze? how old and big are the plants. what are typical temperatures?
cannabis is hard to kill. temperature is a killer.

:edit:
are you growing in a freezer? how did you get it so damn cold?

I think Jano is using Celcius. He states max temps.

Lol no not growing in a freezer my temps hit 32 C bout 92 F yeah they were due a watering anyway my ladies take 1 litre per day with nutes every third watering I have 5 blueberry cheese and 4 lemon Cush I have slight nite burn in the tips of the cheese they are week 5 flower and Cush is week 3 flower the Cush are taller than my cheese and are two weeks behind they look amazing think they are ok temp is back at 27.5 C

Lol no not growing in a freezer my temps hit 32 C bout 92 F yeah they were due a watering anyway my ladies take 1 litre per day with nutes every third watering I have 5 blueberry cheese and 4 lemon Cush I have slight nite burn in the tips of the cheese they are week 5 flower and Cush is week 3 flower the Cush are taller than my cheese and are two weeks behind they look amazing think they are ok temp is back at 27.5 C

Glad you got your temps under control. You are good to go. I'm no expert but the yellowing of tips in flowering is pretty normal from what I've read and observed on 420mag over the years before starting this grow. You should start a journal for your grow with some pictures so we can follow along. Happy growing!

Beer won't freeze until about 28F/-3C because it has 5% alcohol in it. 3% for yankee beer. :;):

The US is the only major trading country in the world pretty much that hasn't adopted the metric system. I grew up with Imperial measure but 3 years of tech school chemistry got me well versed in both. Even got 103% on an exam because they had a bunch of questions about the Imperial system worth 10 bonus points and I aced that bit. :)

Took math up to and including Calculus but just squeaked thru that. Was real good at trig, statistics and computer math.

You are right about the tips Dabbledo. If the jagged edges of the leaves start turning up and their tips start going brown it's flushing time! Nute burn on the way.

Those tops of yours sure are stretching. Tying them down from the start is the way I go to do ScroG. Whole canopy ends up 6" or so above the screen. I'm surprised they keep reaching so much. It's not like they don't have tons of light. Must be the strain.

L8r

Metric is great for science, but when it comes to temps, Fahrenheit is better suited for humans... It was 112*f last Friday, or 44.4444*c if you use metric.... We're also pretty much the only major trading country where the citizens haven't let the government take our guns away from us...There is still a rifle behind every blade of grass.... :thumb:

we tried going metric I think it was back in the mid or late 70's
didn't work everyone here was too used to standard measurements
funny thing now
you work on certain American cars you need standard and metric tools :rofl:
not like back in the day it was all standard

I pretty happy how she stands today. Stretch has slowed or stopped. No visable cm or inches of growth. Canopy is pretty level. There are 30-40 tops maybe more. Anyone think I over did it on the veg for this small space? I'm already concerned about her ability to breath as things start to swell and fill in. The canopy is really dense.

I have a small oscillating fan below the canopy and a Vornado 633 Mid-Size Circulator up top. When door is open a few inches at top it sucks air from outside of the tent. Also a low cfm 4in inline blowing on canopy.

:thumb:

Your canopy is looking great but could use MORE tops Dabbledo. :)

I was digging around in mine tonight and there are so many colas forming up I think I got a chubby. :)

Still yellowing leaves after the flush so I checked a soil sample. Friggin fungus gnats! I'll get rid of them quick and hopefully see things turn around soon.

L8r

Your canopy is looking great but could use MORE tops Dabbledo. :)

I was digging around in mine tonight and there are so many colas forming up I think I got a chubby. :)

Still yellowing leaves after the flush so I checked a soil sample. Friggin fungus gnats! I'll get rid of them quick and hopefully see things turn around soon.

L8r

More tops? I'm not sure if it is possible. Pictures are deceiving because I cant get a birds eye shot. Maybe I wills set up the gopro one of these days for a better shot directly above the canopy. Can my 5 Gal root mass support and allow this massive plant to strive?

how did your flush go? think you were able to leech out the built uo salts?

More tops? I'm not sure if it is possible. Pictures are deceiving because I cant get a birds eye shot. Maybe I wills set up the gopro one of these days for a better shot directly above the canopy. Can my 5 Gal root mass support and allow this massive plant to strive?

how did your flush go? think you were able to leech out the built uo salts?

By 5gal you mean pail right? Which means you only have about 4gal of nute sol'n when it's topped up. If that's right you are going to have to stay on top of making sure the level never drops more than a few inches before adding more water. After the stretch feeding slows way down but water demands remain constant depending on RH which should be lower while flowering and getting lower as the buds get fatter. Cooler temps on the way and here that means the RH outdoors will be down to 20% or lower all winter. Living in a place like Vancouver, BC the RH is high all winter as it rarely freezes there but is damp and cloudy a lot of the time with lots of rain.

If I were you I'd be running lower ppms now that stretch is done. The plant isn't eating as much but still taking the same amount of water every day and will get all the nutes it needs. By week 6 of an 8 week flower I like to be at 500 or lower. Even 300 is lots along with whatever bud booster is in there. Hopefully lower fans are beginning to yellow to indicate that the plant is drawing on it's own resources to finish up and there won't be a lot of excess nutes left over in the buds. If you plan to chop the whole plant at once then straight water for a few days to a week before chopping is a good flush. I tend to just take the biggest colas and let the lower ones ripen and swell for a week or more before taking them then maybe a few days longer for the last of them but not much more yield is realized at the last. For that I will leave 200ppm in there with some OverDrive as the buds need something to eat tho I may not do that this time and run just water after taking the big colas. I'm going to want the space PDQ when these ones are done.

Looks like I didn't need to flush. Checked the soil and found a fungus gnat larva and have taken steps to get rid of them. Hopefully the plants will get better soon.

L8r

By 5gal you mean pail right? Which means you only have about 4gal of nute sol'n when it's topped up. If that's right you are going to have to stay on top of making sure the level never drops more than a few inches before adding more water. After the stretch feeding slows way down but water demands remain constant depending on RH which should be lower while flowering and getting lower as the buds get fatter. Cooler temps on the way and here that means the RH outdoors will be down to 20% or lower all winter. Living in a place like Vancouver, BC the RH is high all winter as it rarely freezes there but is damp and cloudy a lot of the time with lots of rain.

If I were you I'd be running lower ppms now that stretch is done. The plant isn't eating as much but still taking the same amount of water every day and will get all the nutes it needs. By week 6 of an 8 week flower I like to be at 500 or lower. Even 300 is lots along with whatever bud booster is in there. Hopefully lower fans are beginning to yellow to indicate that the plant is drawing on it's own resources to finish up and there won't be a lot of excess nutes left over in the buds. If you plan to chop the whole plant at once then straight water for a few days to a week before chopping is a good flush. I tend to just take the biggest colas and let the lower ones ripen and swell for a week or more before taking them then maybe a few days longer for the last of them but not much more yield is realized at the last. For that I will leave 200ppm in there with some OverDrive as the buds need something to eat tho I may not do that this time and run just water after taking the big colas. I'm going to want the space PDQ when these ones are done.

Looks like I didn't need to flush. Checked the soil and found a fungus gnat larva and have taken steps to get rid of them. Hopefully the plants will get better soon.

L8r

Thanks as always for the feedback OMU. I started lowering my Connie dose last week. Wks1&2 She was fed 15ml/gal, wk3 12.5ml/gal, today started week 4 and She is now @ 10ml/gal (~500PPM). Everything else has stayed the same.

There were some major changes to my routine.
1. Allowed tap water to bubble for 24 hours.
2. Added silicate (rhino skin) first and let it bubble for a cpl hours.
3. Gave my new feed time for the pH to stabilize, bubble and mix thoroughly

I know this is 101 level basic stuff. In the past I would pour from tap and directly add nutes, no specific order other than A then B and the rest, lower h2o temp and BAM dump it in. DONE. This line of nutrients seems pretty dummy proof. I have not HAD to use pH or PPM meters, the only times I have were out of pure curiosity. I have been around or helped out in other hydro grows where PPMs and pH were a constant issue.

If this grow fails to provide a bunch of HQ medicine it's all on me. My environment is dialed in. Lots of light, proper temps for air and res, good air circulation, perfect RH, AN nutrients, the only unpredictable variables are the unfamiliar genetics and my dumb ass. My dumb ass is waking up. I can see the finish line. All of the small details matter at this point.

I would love to add a drip feed this week. I have a waterfarm kit that I purchased at the start not realizing it wouldn't work with my 6in basket. Thanks grow store grow guru, set me up real good. I've just been staring at the damn thing and now I am determined to modify it.

I will be running overdrive. Do you only use it for the last 2 weeks of bloom or do you have an alternate feeding sched? I will be using flawless finish for flush.

Day 22 Flower

20150827_041134.jpg

20150827_041227.jpg

Back
Top Bottom