SpaceGhosts 1st Grow Hydro Advanced Nutrients

SpaceGhost

My grow Journal.
Plants unknown. some good smoke that that we acquired from some medical growers a year or so ago. Tight buds, good high, and wreaked of stink of weed.

Rooms are in basement storage/laundry room that I removed some wood shelving that I used to build the tables and wall partitions with and saved some $$$
Veg 5'x7' not finished but close
2 stations 1 for mothers and clones and a 2nd station for Veg until transition to boom room
Panda Paper

Grow station 1 Mothers/Clones Veg Room
27 gal res using 15 to 20 gal
12" Air stone
40gph Reservoir Circulation pump
250 gph pump
2'x4' white Flood Tray
2x 4'-4 bulb t5 HO lights

Grow station 2 Veg Room
27 gal res using 15 to 20 gal
12" Air stone
40gph Reservoir Circulation pump
250 gph pump
2'x4' white flood Tray
Home made drip rings out of 1/8" tubing with hole drilled connected to a T
T5 HO 4'-8 bulb

bloom room 9'x5' not finished plans are
2x Lumatek 600w HPS
Radiant 6 hoods
Sunleaves WindTunnel 6" Inline Fan
Carbon Filter
Bad Ass Fans
Large Reservoir
Panda Paper
DWC of some kind. I have 10" Net pots and 5 Gal buckets. I'm thinking drip with a return flow to a reservoir and a air bubblier system. We'll see how it goes.

Advanced Nutrients
mixing for 15gal or 57L
Sensi Grow A & B 224ml each
B-52 114ml
Voodoo Juice 114ml
Super thrive 1 drop per gal
Hydrogen peroxide 30ml per 2.5 gal
1060-1200ppm
5.4-5.9 ph
water temp 63 deg
Tap Water: air rated and let set for a week to rid chlorine 200ppm to start. I'm looking at getting a 50gal storage drum to supply my water needs on tank cleaning day and in emergency. a pump on a switch to get water and a large air stone to help remove the chlorine would make life much simpler.

Blue Labs PPM meter
Oakton ph tester

Started seeds Xmas of 2011
sprouted a week later
Currently at week 7
7 plants- 3 show signs of pre flowers
I have weekly pictures and will log as I post each week in progress until currant date. I've had little to no issues other than when I switched from t8 lighting to the t5's that had to be 8-10" from plants compared to the t8's that could touch the plants, and caused some wilting and burning

SpaceGhost

Simple drip system I used the storage tank as the flood tray it was very cheap to get up and running I was using Dyna-gro Grow at 1/2 strength at this time didn't have the cash for any thing better. didn't have a ppm meter yet or ph meter plain old fashion liquid drop method ph testing
Look at the 1 on the far left bent almost broke in 1/2 and left for dead hanging on the driper. Hard to belive it's one of the top performers now.
IMG_008322.JPG

These gal milk jugs worked really well. I just cut some holes in the bottoms for drains. Won't ever plant 2 in a 2.5 gal jug again pain in the (_{_) when I went to trans plant into the 10" net pots
IMG_008519.JPG

This is a week or so after I got the HO T5 system they really responded well to it. I believe I started using the Advanced Nutrients about this time Sensi Grow A&B, B-52, and Voodoo juice
IMG_010021.JPG

Here they have been transplanted into the 10" net pots w/custom drip rings
Water Timer is set 15min on 5 times a day, daylight hrs only
Lights run 16 on 8 off since day 1
IMG_010315.JPG

I was cleaning the flood tray this day and set them all in buckets.
This coming week I am finishing the 2nd station in the veg room to make some more room.
I am building this on a budget as I go I will have the grow room ready in a couple more weeks
IMG_010713.JPG

IMG_010916.JPG

IMG_010815.JPG

"I'm thinking drip with a return flow to a reservoir and a air bubblier system. We'll see how it goes."

that was a way i was considering going as well for some fast large growth. like a multipot return flowing DWC wit a added on drip feed .there 1 or 2 other threads kicking around on here where u can see how much faster root growth is by adding the drip to a DWC.great long run option imo :) .

right now your just running a drip style feed onto a flood tray to catch excess and drain back into a res right ? plants look nice ! ill be watchin this one forsure .

"I'm thinking drip with a return flow to a reservoir and a air bubblier system. We'll see how it goes."

that was a way i was considering going as well for some fast large growth. like a multipot return flowing DWC wit a added on drip feed .there 1 or 2 other threads kicking around on here where u can see how much faster root growth is by adding the drip to a DWC.great long run option imo :) .

right now your just running a drip style feed onto a flood tray to catch excess and drain back into a res right ? plants look nice ! ill be watchin this one for sure .

Yes that's it exactly. I will use a pump to supply the drip rings, the excess will run back to the res through return lines in the bottoms of the buckets. Water level will be controlled by water level in the res air stones in the bottom of each bucket, res, supply tank. A toilet float could work as a way of keeping the res topped off with a supply tank feeding the res. Cheap and simple.

I am running a drip system into the flood tray as of right now I trans planted from the rockwool to the 1 gal jugs and then to the 10" net pots that are now setting in the flood tray. (7 plants in the 2x4 tray) They will be ready to go into the bloom room as soon as I get it ready. They are working like air pots right now keeping the roots fresh and trimmed. It looks like maybe 2 more weeks till I get the $$ to purchase the hood, lamp, and ballast.

I am purchasing in the next day or 2 the other flood tray and t5 light for the 2nd station. I will use the same res and pump for now to save a few $$ This will allow me to get a little more room for the next 2 weeks until I finish the bloom room

I have 4 plants showing signs of pre flowers
IMG_011012.JPG

The unfinished Veg Room
IMG_011315.JPG

A clone I took. 2 days ago sowing signs of improvement. Rockwool, Hydrogen peroxide tap water a drop of superthrive and it lives
IMG_011118.JPG

Taken today its gettin a little crowded in there
IMG_011214.JPG

Nice grow with Sensi A&B. Looking great for a first hydro grow!
Thank you
All is going well. I did pull 2 plants out for suspect of being males and may just pull another 1 tomorrow.

I managed 2 finish the 2nd station in the Veg room I purchased a 4ft T5 HO from the local hydroponics store. I'm running a T8 over the clones as of now. I think a T5 4ft 6 bulb wold be nice to replace the T8 down the road. But I need to think of the bloom room and It needs to be ready to run in 2 weeks.
Veg Room
IMG_011416.JPG

IMG_011619.JPG

IMG_011518.JPG

Clones looking a little better I broke another branch so I have twins now
IMG_011718.JPG

That's no joke! That's a hell of a nice first hydro grow.

I'm definitely going to stick around for this.

Thanx a lot

here is some of the latest picks. I'm down to 3 females and trying to clone what I have

2 females still veg-ing I figure they are about 10 weeks from seed. I've now topped twice now. and just recently gave them a prune

My Bloom room. Currently just sitting in a 5 gal bucket with a air bubblier under the net pot
IMG_013317.JPG

The other 2 girls after a trim job
IMG_014015.JPG

The nutrient line up
IMG_013918.JPG

Oh by the way this is not only my 1st hydro grow it's my 1st grow ever. I haven't planted seeds since I was in elementary a "long time ago"

SpaceGhost said:
Oh by the way this is not only my 1st hydro grow it's my 1st grow ever. I haven't planted seeds since I was in elementary a "long time ago"

Wow dude, great setup and beautiful plants. For your first grow everything looks amazing and on track, + Rep for your first grow being hydro. I'm sitting with soil for now.

Wow dude, great setup and beautiful plants. For your first grow everything looks amazing and on track, + Rep for your first grow being hydro. I'm sitting with soil for now.

Ya I been getting a lot of I can't believe you went Hydro straight out of the gate from my friends also. And some think Advance nutrients is hard to use or something also maybe it's just expensive
Some of my reasons for Hydro are: I have a really nice house with a completely finished basement with brand new Tan Berber carpet through out. I didn't want dirt and the mess that comes with it that I have seen at other grow sites that I've been to.
Quick and large yields. I like to burn and have been smoking a oz a week for quite a while and I'm only allowed 12 plants, could be cutting it tight, just the thought of running out stress me out.
I haven't figured out what I'm going to do about a mother plant and keeping her around for more than 5 or 6 months. I really wanted to mothers like a ak47 and a white widow or wonder women

Any questions feel free to ask

I check my ph and ppms daily I adjust ph to about 5.4 and it usually rides up to 5.8-6.1
My ppms in the veg room with the to mothers now. I'm running about 1180 daily. They take about 2.5 gal every other day and at that time I add 60ml of hydreson peroxide and adjust the ppms back up to low 1100's and then set the ph to 5.4-5.5
my nutrients I mix up in a gal jug for 15 gal resevior mix ratio
Grow
A-225ml
b-225ml
B-52 114ml
voodoo juice 114ml I was using 1/2 strength but now I see what a difference this stuff makes and I am using it a full strength now
When I add water I just bring up the ppms as necessary or add water to bring ppms down. I seem to be always fighting ph up and ppm's always are on the rise as they drink lots of h2o

It won't be long and the funds for the kids is going to have to come to a stop as it's time to get the real love of my life going for the summer My Harley AKA BadBitch a pearl white 2008 street glide that eats crotch rockets for breakfast

Another thing you might want to try later is the 2L hempy SOG. I guess you let them veg for about a week or two to get roots going then go right to 12/12 and you can get a oz or 2 on each, and if you keep it perpetual then you will always have enough smoke.

Definitely staying her to watch this.

Another thing you might want to try later is the 2L hempy SOG. I guess you let them veg for about a week or two to get roots going then go right to 12/12 and you can get a oz or 2 on each, and if you keep it perpetual then you will always have enough smoke.

Definitely staying her to watch this.

I will have to read up on this

here is some of the latest picks taken today

Had troubles cloning went back to the heating pad, fish tank light, and I bought a taller Humidity Dome
IMG_014820.JPG

Finished the Ebb & Gro system with a few of my own mods a 250gph pump and a drip ring, I used 3/4 hose on the return. Guy at the hydro store said that was a little large, I figure the bigger the better when the roots fill the bucket. There is a air stone in the storage tank.
IMG_014918.JPG

IMG_015016.JPG

These clones finally got roots out the bottom of the rock wool this is where they will stay until i see roots out the bottom of the net pots. I do it like this as it is a cost savings of nutrients having a another resevor going in a 5gal bucket
IMG_015116.JPG

And a pic from today of the 2 girls still in Veg the one on the left is my Favorite. I am going to try and hold off another 4 weeks and the plant on the right will go into the bloom room. I'll have to have the other 600 hps light and hood as these plants are taking up some real space
IMG_015211.JPG

Back
Top Bottom