SpaceGhosts RDWC Multi Strain Grow

SpaceGhost

So I'm proud to announce I am doing a journal using Blue Planet Nutrients. It will be taking over for Advanced Nutrients. I have had some great success with AN (2200g wet 2 plants) so it will not be a easy walk in the park, but I am confident my grow will get bigger yields and I will save $$ in the mean time.

A little about my Garden.

Veg Room
RDWC
25gal returnable and a 250gph water pump
2....2x4 Drip/flood trays
1...... 8 bulb 4' t5 light
1.......4 bulb 4' t5 light
room is lined with panda paper
light hrs total 13hrs.......12 on 5.5 off 1hr on 5.5 off rinse and repeat
watering every 3 hrs ...8 times a day for 15min (don't think of it as watering but circulating Nuts)
veg room pic
IMG_011216.JPG

Flower room
RDWC
2..... 25gal returnables and 2...... 250gph water pumps
5gal home made bucket system w/3/4" return lines
Lighting
600w HPS Lumitek electronic Balast for the plants 1st..... 4 weeks in flowering
1000w HPS magnetic balast for pants 2nd ....4 weeks and finishing
light hrs 12
Lined with panda paper
watering every 3 hrs for 15min (don't think of it as watering but circulating Nuts)

You can see more of my grow rooms in my 1st journal.

IMG_011317.JPG

here is the ladies that are volunteering for this experiment 2 pineapple express and a grapefruit on the left side. all girs have been it training tied down branches and super cropping.
IMG_011121.JPG

I was taking the tape off one of the jugs and it fell outa my hand off the counter and took out a 1/3 of a Pineapple express below it. Nothing I could do but get out my cloning tools and save something outa her.

How are the nutes working out?

Haven't gotten to try them out yet. I will be mixing my 1st batch tomorrow night. I plan on mixing the same way I did with my AN. I used a gal milk jug and mixed in the nuts with about a 1/3 of a jug of water and then I would mix a 5 gal bucket at a time along with ph'ing to 5.8 before adding to the reservoir. I would mix a little extra and I can use this premix through out the week until my next res change or I had to mix more cause I ran out. the 3 plants that are going to BPN are in 24hrs of darkness.

I have been busy cleaning up getting the room and tanks ready, switching plants from under the 600 to the 1000. Its also a flush night to through some more work in but it's the time to do it. My one reservoir was already set up flushing the Northern Lights and Grapefruit and now some Fucking Incredible.

here is a shot of my Flower room and 3 plants that are still on AN at 23 days 2 Pineapple express and a blueberry Cinderella and a fucking incredibe on its 2nd night of flushing
IMG_011417.JPG

My feed schedule with AN went some times depending if I ran out and had $$ to buy new shit or replace it. I mostly followed AN's feed schedule charts

I used veg
Grow A&B
B5-2
ppm's around 850 to start and up to 1150 or so.
ph 5.8 optimal. my tank likes to swing for a few days even a week after nut changes and tank cleanings. On ph swings and just adjusting in general I give + or -2 for ph meter faultiness, so I would adjust down at 6.1 and up at 5.5
I ad ice to this tank once a day some times, if there is enough frozen left over from flower room. tank temps some times see 74-75 deg. I haven't gotten root rot out of this room yet because of temps. The warm temps allow the roots fast growth and development
tank changes every 2 weeks

Blooming
ppms around 1000 fresh nut change, and up to 1350. I always start my tanks low it's esier to ad in a day or 2 then to subtract nuts
Bloom A&B 250ml
B52.....125ml
Big bud....125ml
Bud candy ......125ml (ran out)
Overdrive.....125ml.....when using this I cut back a little on the big bud
and ph the same as Veg room
I add Ice to my reservoir tanks 3 times a night in this room trying to keep temps under 70's
Tank changes were mostly every other week

I wouldn't recommend mixing the nutes at that high of a concentration. I would get the total volume of water that you plan on using in the container first, then add the nutes. MICRO first, followed by grow and bloom. Mixing nutrients that come in different parts in high concentrations could possibly result in precipitation of certain compounds rendering them unavailable for plant uptake.

looks like you dont even need them I was gonna invest in some blue nutrients nutes but idk if I really need them. I thought you had used them and wanted a response but if they benefit you spread the word

I wouldn't recommend mixing the nutes at that high of a concentration. I would get the total volume of water that you plan on using in the container first, then add the nutes. MICRO first, followed by grow and bloom. Mixing nutrients that come in different parts in high concentrations could possibly result in precipitation of certain compounds rendering them unavailable for plant uptake.

I am listening to your advice, but I really like mixing my nuts this way. Sometimes I really don't know how many gal is in my reservoir. It could depend on if I have 2-3-4...... 5gal buckets hooked to my reservoir. I am a rebel and will take your warnings and keep a eye on my girls, if anything looks deficient I will change the nuts and start as suggested. :peace:

here is a shot of my dual 25 gal reservoirs. 1 feeds the early plants weeks 1-4 and circulates the water under the 600w HPS. The other of course takes care of the plants that are weeks 4-8 and flushing. this allows me to easily flush the out going plants, then the incoming plants and the transition plants all at the end of a 8 week cycle
like I said I used frozen 1gal milk jugs to maintain under 70 water temps 3 times a night. no need to when the lights are off.
every reservoir and bucket have their own air stones the buckets I silicone the air stone to the center of the bucket so it would not move and get wrapped up in the roots when rotating the plants.
IMG_011519.JPG

here is a pic of that Fucking Incredible that I keep talking about
IMG_011621.JPG

Thats so right lol, like a capfull per gallon you dont use nutes alot

Thats so right lol, like a capfull per gallon you dont use nutes alot

I did not come up with doing it this way myself
here is a link within this site. How do I mix up my nutrient solution?
If it's bad advice it should be taken down, but it has been a sticky since 2008. I have been mixing my nuts since my very beginning this way because of the advice from that thread. :peace:

I have dome similar things and ended up precipitating out various compounds that were unavailable to plants. It can happen but sometimes, most of the time, it will be ok. I don't take chances on high value plants. BUT, if it works, don't fix it if it ain't broke. I have my own ways of doing things and I like to play it safe due to my knowledge of physical chemistry ;)
But, Brother SpaceGhost, your previous yield says to me that you have it down so by all means, keep doing what you are doing until you start seeing any problems, if that ever happens. Please just pay close attention to any sediment that falls to the bottom of the high concentration mixture, that is a sure sign of compounds precipitation which is not a good thing at all...

I have dome similar things and ended up precipitating out various compounds that were unavailable to plants. It can happen but sometimes, most of the time, it will be ok. I don't take chances on high value plants. BUT, if it works, don't fix it if it ain't broke. I have my own ways of doing things and I like to play it safe due to my knowledge of physical chemistry ;)
But, Brother SpaceGhost, your previous yield says to me that you have it down so by all means, keep doing what you are doing until you start seeing any problems, if that ever happens. Please just pay close attention to any sediment that falls to the bottom of the high concentration mixture, that is a sure sign of compounds precipitation which is not a good thing at all...

Ty very much. I will keep my eye's open. After my mix is made up I store in a light free cabinet, I store the Veg pre mix here also it holds a couple gal and pints also. I was getting growth until I blocked out the light.

Tonight I mixed my 1st batch of BPN
250ml g
250ml m
375ml b
100ml bb
125ml of AN B52
A drop per gal of super thrive
I do not use H2o2 unless necessary any more only during flushing now if presumed necessary close to a res maintenance change cleaning

set ppms to about 1075 for now. see how it goes. Ph is set to 5.8, but I run city water and it is on a rising trend, so it will be a battle for a couple days. When my ph hits 6.1 I lower to 5.6 and so on. If t was a falling trend I would raise at 5.5 to 6.0.... +/- 2 is my tolerance before adjusting.
My room Temps run a steady 80deg year around and about 45% humidity

My 1st batch of BPN and it doesn't smell like Piss/urine :bravo: I didn't know which smelled up my house more the flowering bud or that piss smelling AN. +1 BPN
My system is simple how high the water is in the tank that's the bucket level I keep mine 6-7" and some times 8" any more will give week roots if left over a long period and then your plant will be tipping
IMG_011818.JPG

a marker board above my res tanks to keep track of ph and trend . 2 tanks I forget some times and I have a bad habit of checking my ph to much so I'm hoping this helps out.
IMG_012417.JPG

The 3 girls going in 2 Pineapple express and a grapefruit they are running on the BPN. I also had a Fucking Incredible that was, I thought coming to a end and was flushing it after listening to my assistant (GF) that is now going to finish up on the BPN.
IMG_012116.JPG

a shot of all the girls in the room
IMG_012025.JPG

What nutrients have you used that smelled like piss? That is a sign that thy used UREA which be avoided in hydroponics

The AN that I was using. Didn't mater if it was grow or bloom not sure exactly which it was A or B but together and and it's piss smelling.

Can you explain why UREA is bad for Hydro. I know I've seen you mention it before but I really didn't pay much attention because my grows were doing so well that I guess I really didn't care that I may be smoking shhhh......:thedoubletake: "piss"

Quick report:
Every thing is just great. So far the BPN is doing great. Doesn't seem to loose color like the AN. Sure don't smell like piss. so far nothing but good things to say.
Growth is good. I have the had the ppms about 1080 for about 3-4 days now I will probably kick it up anouther 100-150 or so. The ph is settling down and just playing the up and down swings and seems to be more stable than the AN.

UREA has no EC so it can't be measured with and electrical conductivity meter. Urea is a cheap ingredient. About 85% of the Nitrogen in hydroponic solutions should come in the form of nitrate and the remaining 15% should come from ammonium. THis will also help regulate the pH of the nutrient solution. Nothing but the best goes into BPN.

Not much going on everything looks great. ppm's are around 1300 in the BPN tank ph a stable 5.8.

I mixed up the last batch of Advance Nutrients for the flowering room this would be the tank that feeds the plants under the 1000w. All plants in this room will be on BPN in about a week.
I have to much of the AN Grow A&B to just switch the Veg room over to BPN, but I am contemplating running BPN in the future after I buy some more and have some extra setting on my shelves.

Here is a plant that I'm doing some traing on its a Pineapple express.
IMG_012615.JPG

picked up a water filter to take the chlorine out of my city water. My ppm's drooped about 50 and my ph seems more stable. My flowering room is using water that now has been filtered and I think I will change the Veg rooms tank tomorrow. This is a great improvement for my grow I can now change tank after tank all in one day, rather than having to wait at least 3 days for the chlorine to bubble out and evaporate. Now I want a blue 50 gal drum and I will hook up a shut off valve so the tank will fill automatically, and I will always have water ready to go.
IMG_012817.JPG

Update day 13 bloom the BPN is defiantly more stable with the ph. Keeping it closer to 5.8 is easier than the AN. PPM's are 1370 total I have a 180 ppm city water to start. The plants have probably close to doubled in size and the grapefruit I have been having to bend to keep the light low enough for the pineapple express.

a couple pics
IMG_013114.JPG

IMG_013319.JPG

I spent the day making molasses cookies and rice crispy treats
Rice Crispy treats recipe
6cups rice crispys
1 cup fruity pebles
8oz marshmallows
115gms canabutter
a dash of vanilla flavoring
cake pan (greassed)
melt butter in microwave 120 sec 20% power poor over the marshmallows in the large stove pan/pot along with the vanilla making sure to keep the heat on med or as low as possible, mix/stir until marshmallows have melted and turned green quickly add rice crispy and pebbles mixing quickly (don't burn it) once mixed place in cake pan, here is the trick, just butter up your hands and spread the mix out in the cake pan flattening and leveling it out the crispy mix. once all set, put it in the freezer for 5 min and they will cut into squares easily. I can now make a batch up in less than 15 min. You can substitute the low cost crispys and fruity pebbles in the large bulk bags and without sacrificing taste

The Molasses cookies are easy Betty Crocker molasses cookie mix from Meijers follow directions. You can add up to a stick and a 1/2 uf canabutter like 165grms and the cookies will still hold together, but I have been sticking with 115grms canabutter.
IMG_013017.JPG

I spent yesterday making bubble hash out of Northern lights and Fuking Incredible trim got 7grms (been smokin it :)
And so all ya know you dont have to dry your trim out to make bubble ice hash. I go straight from frozen trim to the Ice hash bucket busting up the leaves in the bag while frozen.
I then make canabuter out of the ice hash trim
IMG_013515.JPG

:peace:

Also starts to crystalize without the presence of enough water to dilute the nutes. They look great buddy!

Also starts to crystalize without the presence of enough water to dilute the nutes. They look great buddy!

so after reading your post I went and checked my Nut mix. To my surprise it was as you described, it wasn't like this a week ago, as above crystallization on the bottom. (it's like the salt shit that I pay 4 at the bottom of AN B-52 hahhahaha) I'll throw the rest of this mix away. The AN mix never did this it must be the Urea. I would get a stain after months but never any deposits.

I will have to figure out another way of mixing my nutrients now. I run 3-4 buckets/plants to a reservoir. Fuk it used to be so easy. How the hell do I add Nuts during the week? I usually ad a bucket or 2 of water during the week with about 850ppms how do I mix this up? The only thing I ever measured was the nuts. I don't know how much water is in my reservoir with 3 buckets or 4 or 2 it changes

RRrRRRR

Oh jebebis, fudge

looks like I might have some root aphids in the AN reservoirs plants. looks like I'll be picking up some Azatrol tomorrow.

The BPN plants all look great white and healthy.

Back
Top Bottom