First Grow - Casey Jones - DWC - SCROG - Ice Probe Thermoelectric Chiller

The strain is 65-70 days. It's not really an extra week per say, just an extra week of feed that wasn't planned. I wasn't planning on flushing for a week either which is what will happen if I start overdrive tomorrow. I guess i could always run overdrive for a 2.5 weeks and flush for .5 week. That will put me at 70 days.

Don't think the burn stunted her too badly. She is finally stacking calyxes and fattening up a bit.

Thanks for being around Bama. Your presence has been a huge confidence boost. Glad that I can run this AN line up and provide you with my feedback on what I've learned and the mistakes I've made. The burn came from topping res with 1/4 strength nutes daily as opposed to plain water.

That is all good news.
No problem about being here. I really like following this journal. I am also glad your running the AN line. :)
I am concerned about burning my grow. This morning I added 1/5 strength nutes to my res. lol. Then I read this, and I am like doh! I did a res change on Sunday and only put in half of what the schedule was calling for. I have one small plant that I am trying to get bigger to catch up with the other plants. So I am walking a line with nutes. So far it is working. But the last 2 or 3 days I am not seeing much going on with the other plants. So today I wanted to "freshen and strengthen" the res by adding some nutes. Lol. I will be looking out for burn. I do not think it will burn because I used such a small amount on Sunday. I guess you and I think a like when it comes to feeding. :)
I am glad to hear about the nugs stacking up and packing on some girth. I can not wait until I am watching mine do that. Veg is important and all that, but exciting is not something you can say about it. lol :)

Week 8 nute line-up:

6ml/gal AN Conni A&B
7.5ml/gal Rhino Skin
2ml/gal Sensi Cal Mag
7.5ml/gal Overdrive
7.5ml/gal Bud Factor X
7.5ml/gal Bud Candy
7.5ml/gal Sensizym
7.5ml/gal Nirvana
7.5ml/gal B52
.5ml/gal Orca

Day 50 Flower

IMG_20150923_194509.jpg

IMG_20150923_194216.jpg

IMG_20150923_194056.jpg

IMG_20150923_194201.jpg

IMG_20150923_193908.jpg

IMG_20150923_193919.jpg

Week 8 nute line-up:

6ml/gal AN Conni A&B
7.5ml/gal Rhino Skin
2ml/gal Sensi Cal Mag
7.5ml/gal Overdrive
7.5ml/gal Bud Factor X
7.5ml/gal Bud Candy
7.5ml/gal Sensizym
7.5ml/gal Nirvana
7.5ml/gal B52
.5ml/gal Orca

Day 50 Flower

IMG_20150923_194056.jpg

Sorry I didn't drop in sooner but it's been a bad week or more for me.

You're adding way too much stuff this late in flower. Should be almost flushing by now. No base nutes for sure and most of the Bud factor whatevers aren't going to do much if anything now. That nute burn action is a big clue.

You still seem to have a bit of flower production going on but it's minimal at best. That one pic I kept in the quote looks like it might have some time left but also looks like it's burning a bit so doesn't need a lot of nutes to finish if any.

The most critical time for lots of nutes and boosters is the stretch period and the next 2 or 3 weeks with things like OverDrive being quit the last 2 weeks before chopping. My DWC girl started showing signs of nute burn a couple weeks ago so I drained half the nutes out and dropped her to about 800ppm then two days ago did that again to get her to 450 and just added a bit of OD. Expect to begin chopping her in the next few days but she's not showing any yellowing of the fans at all unlike the other one in soilless with the same nutes.

I shudder when I see the various nute schedules on websites for the manufacturers. AN is real bad with giving instructions for Max nutes from seedling to chop. Just to get people to spend much more on their products than they have too. I've sent emails to them on a few occasions but never heard back Addicted to their nutes tho so I'll just keep using them in my own fashion. After 14 years I think I'm getting the hang of it. :)

Hoping to get some of the other things to boost bud and resin production higher than I've been getting but will look more at early flowering. If you can get the right mix just before flipping to flower it will make a world of difference to the yield. I think Bud Ignitor would be good for that along with my half dose of Big Bug.

For my DWC I've found that if I leave the normal range of nutes for veg the same then just add extra Bloom nutes with some Big Bud a week before flipping the flowers just seem to burst into growth a week after the flip. With Rhino Skin they say not to use it until the 2nd week of flipping but I use it half strength or less from when they are seedlings until about week 6 of flower for an 8 week strain. Silica is present in good quantity with most soil mixes but is barely there with soilless mixes and non-existent with hydro only type grows. A very important mineral for overall plant health and resistance to bug or disease attack. I used to use a cheap silica product but when added to the feed water first like it said on the bottle the pH would go up to 10+. Then had to pH down to about 6 or 7 then add nutes and check th pH again Add Rhino to the water first then add all the other nutes and the pH would end up around 6 if left overnight.

Still a bad week. Hope I made some sense.

L8r

Sorry I didn't drop in sooner but it's been a bad week or more for me.

You're adding way too much stuff this late in flower. Should be almost flushing by now. No base nutes for sure and most of the Bud factor whatevers aren't going to do much if anything now. That nute burn action is a big clue.

You still seem to have a bit of flower production going on but it's minimal at best. That one pic I kept in the quote looks like it might have some time left but also looks like it's burning a bit so doesn't need a lot of nutes to finish if any.

The most critical time for lots of nutes and boosters is the stretch period and the next 2 or 3 weeks with things like OverDrive being quit the last 2 weeks before chopping. My DWC girl started showing signs of nute burn a couple weeks ago so I drained half the nutes out and dropped her to about 800ppm then two days ago did that again to get her to 450 and just added a bit of OD. Expect to begin chopping her in the next few days but she's not showing any yellowing of the fans at all unlike the other one in soilless with the same nutes.

I shudder when I see the various nute schedules on websites for the manufacturers. AN is real bad with giving instructions for Max nutes from seedling to chop. Just to get people to spend much more on their products than they have too. I've sent emails to them on a few occasions but never heard back Addicted to their nutes tho so I'll just keep using them in my own fashion. After 14 years I think I'm getting the hang of it. :)

Hoping to get some of the other things to boost bud and resin production higher than I've been getting but will look more at early flowering. If you can get the right mix just before flipping to flower it will make a world of difference to the yield. I think Bud Ignitor would be good for that along with my half dose of Big Bug.

For my DWC I've found that if I leave the normal range of nutes for veg the same then just add extra Bloom nutes with some Big Bud a week before flipping the flowers just seem to burst into growth a week after the flip. With Rhino Skin they say not to use it until the 2nd week of flipping but I use it half strength or less from when they are seedlings until about week 6 of flower for an 8 week strain. Silica is present in good quantity with most soil mixes but is barely there with soilless mixes and non-existent with hydro only type grows. A very important mineral for overall plant health and resistance to bug or disease attack. I used to use a cheap silica product but when added to the feed water first like it said on the bottle the pH would go up to 10+. Then had to pH down to about 6 or 7 then add nutes and check th pH again Add Rhino to the water first then add all the other nutes and the pH would end up around 6 if left overnight.

Still a bad week. Hope I made some sense.

L8r

Thanks for dropping by OMU. Lessons have Def been learned for next time around. PPMs are at 1000, overdrive alone added 200PPM. Next week she will only get a small amount of A&b (unless you think it's unnecessary) I was thinking 1/4 strength for week 9, overdrive @ same rate if I don't see new burn, nirvana, sensisym, and b52. At the end of week 9 (flower day 64) I will run flawless finish as recommended for 6 hrs followed by plain pH'd water. Days 65+ she will be only receiving h2o. Do you think this is still too much? My resin glands are still clear, she is still growing, and finally putting on some noticeable girth budding out in all directions.

Youve been a huge asset to this grow. I knew i had hit the jackpot when you were able to quickly analyze my water quality report. Member of the month stuff. Sorry to hear that you are having a rough go. You are in our hearts and prayers. Thanks as always for the help

Great job DD!
Your reservoir soup has a lot of goodies inside there,
I used to push the envelope but after my last grow, using less is more approach.
I am in awe how the grow recovered!

Vlad

Thanks for stopping by vlad. I've learned a lot. I will Def be using a less is more approach next time around. I will run the same additives just use less of many things. I'm lurking in the bleachers for your current grow. Looking really good.

Thanks for the kind words Bama. LaFleur thank you for stopping by, I'm glad you like her. Next time around it will be a little better. This has been an incredible learning experience. I Def locked her out mid flower and she managed to recover a bit. The show must go on.

More of the CJ tops are staring to show purple calyxes, I need to acquire a jewelers loupe this week so i can finally get a good look at the trichs.

Week 9 nute line-up:

4ml/gal AN Conni A&B
2ml/gal Sensi Cal Mag
8ml/gal Overdrive
7.5ml/gal Bud Factor X
7.5ml/gal Sensizym
7.5ml/gal Nirvana
7.5ml/gal B52
.5ml/gal Orca

LOL. I was the same way. What are the stars and what do they mean. If you go to the top of the page, there is a button that says "rate this journal" You get a drop down and you can rate up to 5 stars. I rate all the journals that I subscribe to now. Congrats on the stars. I think it is a neat feature. If you find a journal that is cool and informative it is a cool way to let others know what you think about it. :)

Back
Top Bottom