Aerocurrent/Advanced LED - CH9 Jack Fem - Double Scrog

day 8 since flip

pistals haven't started popping yet , did a res change , first bloom nutes res. also first res with DM zone added.
still have the co2 off .

root shots

DSCF04375.JPG

DSCF04384.JPG

DSCF04394.JPG

DSCF04413.JPG

big plants have reached second screen

DSCF04422.JPG

DSCF04433.JPG

DSCF04441.JPG

DSCF04451.JPG

looking good Ronnie big tangled mess of roots tho lol
i guess theres no problem with that from what i see
Happy Skunkday man :thumb:

hey ronnie just wanted to say looks great as always i guaranty you'll do better this round just got my first journal setup stop by if you get a chance thanks for all the info

looks perfect to me, the roots look very healthy, a nice tangled mess indeed.

looking very nice

Thanks donpaul , the system produces really nice root systems :)

hey ronnie just wanted to say looks great as always i guaranty you'll do better this round just got my first journal setup stop by if you get a chance thanks for all the info

Thanks mobudds , yields should be better , just hope its as potent as last round :)
i'll be sure to check out your journal.

High Ronnie,
Im liking this run so far much better, I really think you'll be happier with the run. Are you still running the ch9 strain? Sorry im sure you mention all over what strain. Im so busy I can't hardly keep up on my own thread haha.
I've been wondering how your rdwc setup was treating ya. Impressive roots. So the DM Zone, is that a product growers use when they run a sterile environment in their reservoir?
Thanks

High Ronnie,
Im liking this run so far much better, I really think you'll be happier with the run. Are you still running the ch9 strain? Sorry im sure you mention all over what strain. Im so busy I can't hardly keep up on my own thread haha.
I've been wondering how your rdwc setup was treating ya. Impressive roots. So the DM Zone, is that a product growers use when they run a sterile environment in their reservoir?
Thanks

Hey Sl1ng brother thanks for stopping by , so far so good with this run :) yeah I'm running the ch9 Jack and have two different phenos , two more indica and two more sativa. DM Zone is a sterile root zone conditioner.

Your roots look like a trapeze artist catch net!

I'm impressed with the changes you've made. I like the wider spaced top trellis. I noticed in your previous grow, you don't really use the trellis to spread out branches; you mostly use it to hold up colas.

I typically use the net to move branches around and keep the canopy even, but sometimes the growth under is so bushy there is no where to move them. You know how we you have some shoots that stretch so much and cause the canopy to NOT be even? Over the last few grows I have been experimenting slowly with this. In the first two weeks of flowering, I have been topping, in order to keep the canopy even.

I know I know! In all my threads I say NOT to top after starting flowering because it disturbs auxins and delays flowering. And this is true, but in some cases I don't have a choice. Here are a couple pictures I took showing some major topping I did yesterday. If I didn't do this, they would hit the light, plus the taller branches will shade lowers and decrease yield.

Do you top after you start flower?

BEFORE:
20140106_125651.jpg

AFTER:
20140107_142839.jpg

Your roots look like a trapeze artist catch net!

I'm impressed with the changes you've made. I like the wider spaced top trellis. I noticed in your previous grow, you don't really use the trellis to spread out branches; you mostly use it to hold up colas.

I typically use the net to move branches around and keep the canopy even, but sometimes the growth under is so bushy there is no where to move them. You know how we you have some shoots that stretch so much and cause the canopy to NOT be even? Over the last few grows I have been experimenting slowly with this. In the first two weeks of flowering, I have been topping, in order to keep the canopy even.

I know I know! In all my threads I say NOT to top after starting flowering because it disturbs auxins and delays flowering. And this is true, but in some cases I don't have a choice. Here are a couple pictures I took showing some major topping I did yesterday. If I didn't do this, they would hit the light, plus the taller branches will shade lowers and decrease yield.

Do you top after you start flower?

BEFORE:
20140106_125651.jpg

AFTER:
20140107_142839.jpg

Hey there Capn , Thanks for stopping by. :)

on my first Scrog I used the first screen to spead out the shoots till 3/4 of the screen was full and then flipped em. they stretched a lot and at that time I was still growing in a closet so I started supercropping to try and slow them down in flower and both plants hermied on me.
I believe topping would have been less stress on them , cause sometimes when you supercrop the stem splits and the core is exposed to air. I've had plants hermie when branches were broke in early flower also. but in topping the exposed surface is small and sealed up quickly so it should be safe.

I try and avoid as much stress as possible in flower. I defoliate and remove spindly shoots about 28 days into flower then let them go from there.

So does anyone with scrogs pull branches down during flower or is that not good I just switched to flower and need to keep pulling them downill also ask in my journal if you would rather answer there

So does anyone with scrogs pull branches down during flower or is that not good I just switched to flower and need to keep pulling them downill also ask in my journal if you would rather answer there

pulling branches down in flower wont be stressful to plants , but if your pulling them down and break a branch were the core is exposed to air that would be stressful

pulling branches down in flower wont be stressful to plants , but if your pulling them down and break a branch were the core is exposed to air that would be stressful
Sweet thats exactly what i did. My screen is adjustable >ha ha tied loose and can be tightened. So hope no breaks

Wazzup, Mobudds,
In private tests I continued to tie my stretching ladies down till the end of stretch,
Results more uniform budd size from top to bottom,,err across the screen...............:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom