Lush Led vs Advanced Led Featuring Ace of Spades

Thanks Ronnie, do you have to wear a mask? I don't think so but wanted to ask. And why doesn't everybody use these things? It would put most of the bug killing sprays out of business.
Your skills and your journal are top notch.

I worried about these things too. I was instructed to just put it away when you're working in the space. My guideline is 30 minutes. I only have one in my flowering room. If I'm just admiring them for a few minutes I don't touch it. If I'm in there tieing or trimming or whatever, ie if I'm working in there, I put it into it's foil pouch and that inside a ziplock

I worried about these things too. I was instructed to just put it away when you're working in the space. My guideline is 30 minutes. I only have one in my flowering room. If I'm just admiring them for a few minutes I don't touch it. If I'm in there tieing or trimming or whatever, ie if I'm working in there, I put it into it's foil pouch and that inside a ziplock

I read a study where they saturated the air in horse and dog enclosers for four weeks straight and then did blood tests on the animals and found no trace or blood work anomalies, also the most I'm in the room is about two hours every two weeks on res change day , the rest of the time maybe 30mins. mine is hung in the middle of the room at the ceiling.

you can never be too safe :) they work good and I feel its better than spraying stuff directly on the plants.

ronnie ,

did you mention how you manage the air handling with the strips hanging? dont they lose efficacy when the air swishing around?

I actually called the manufacture about this and was told moving the air around increases its effectiveness , if your room is vented often this would decrease its effectiveness.

I read a study where they saturated the air in horse and dog enclosers for four weeks straight and then did blood tests on the animals and found no trace or blood work anomalies, also the most I'm in the room is about two hours every two weeks on res change day , the rest of the time maybe 30mins. mine is hung in the middle of the room at the ceiling.

you can never be too safe :) they work good and I feel its better than spraying stuff directly on the plants.

They work awesome and I'll always use them. That being said, I can smell it when I'm close to it. Mine, like yours, hangs in the center of the room. I really don't hang out in there unless I'm doing something. That happens a lot though.

ronnie ,

did you mention how you manage the air handling with the strips hanging? dont they lose efficacy when the air swishing around?

I actually called the manufacture about this and was told moving the air around increases its effectiveness , if your room is vented often this would decrease its effectiveness.

I have a sealed room, but I wonder if my carbon scrubber scrubs out the pesticide. I assume yes, but as they say, "if it aint broke..."

I am looking for hi res(1080 P hopefully), wifi IP camera, but no need to be weather resistant, any economical ideas?

I cant find anything good that not $300 bucks and weather proof.

LOL...and there you have it.

Anything worth something is going to cost you.

In CCTV your looking for mega pixel in your cameras. The higher the mega pixel the better the picture. And unfortunately they don't come cheap.

My main customers are using upwards to 5 and 10 mega pixel camera's.

I actually took a look at Ronnie's camera and liked what I saw. I put a couple on order for bench testing. For the average guy the cost is a nice enough trade off. But what is the trade off??? Wireless and network. Security should be the concern or at least considered.

No business or government entity will go wireless for that reason. Hard wire all the way.

And yes, IP is the up grade from analog.

If you have a router and network already set up in your house (or wherever you grow) then upgrading to IP really is a snap.

Most VMS out there will accept video from most of the camera manufactures out there.

Hope that helps and no need to PM.

Thanks Ronnie for letting me post this....

You stole my idea (and still going to do it) of putting camera's in my grow area...LOL. I already set my brother up in So Cali for his outdoor setup.

Well my needs/wants are different, I do not care about security cause just looking to do a time lapse:)

Then certainly check out the one that Ronnie is using. At $60 it's worth a try. Like I said I got 2 on order for bench testing.

But if you do have the means to go hard wire then do that. There are still plenty of IP camera's out there at a reasonable price. You may even find some 5 mega pixel camera's fairly inexpensive.

have a link for that study? very interesting.

They work awesome and I'll always use them. That being said, I can smell it when I'm close to it. Mine, like yours, hangs in the center of the room. I really don't hang out in there unless I'm doing something. That happens a lot though.

I have a sealed room, but I wonder if my carbon scrubber scrubs out the pesticide. I assume yes, but as they say, "if it aint broke..."

my room isnt totally sealed because of my window A/C , but they still work great. :)

LOL...and there you have it.

Anything worth something is going to cost you.

In CCTV your looking for mega pixel in your cameras. The higher the mega pixel the better the picture. And unfortunately they don't come cheap.

My main customers are using upwards to 5 and 10 mega pixel camera's.

I actually took a look at Ronnie's camera and liked what I saw. I put a couple on order for bench testing. For the average guy the cost is a nice enough trade off. But what is the trade off??? Wireless and network. Security should be the concern or at least considered.

No business or government entity will go wireless for that reason. Hard wire all the way.

And yes, IP is the up grade from analog.

If you have a router and network already set up in your house (or wherever you grow) then upgrading to IP really is a snap.

Most VMS out there will accept video from most of the camera manufactures out there.

Hope that helps and no need to PM.

Thanks Ronnie for letting me post this....

You stole my idea (and still going to do it) of putting camera's in my grow area...LOL. I already set my brother up in So Cali for his outdoor setup.

Thanks for sharing the good info. :) yeah $60 is cheap i paid more for mine. I have them all around the inside and outside of my house. even though they are for indoors , I've had two outside under eve's for two years and they are still working good. :)

I paid $99 , but the same camera is on sale now

Foscam FI8918W Wireless IP Camera

Okay, that's cool Ronnie, but now I have more questions if I may? How far away can you go with the wireless (remote)?

Will the IR light mess with the flowering light? I mean a IR light in a dark cycle in flower?

On the Prozap bug strip, if used all the way through flower can you taste it? Do you have to do a bud wash?

Thanks Ronnie, I will now return and finish reading.

Okay, that's cool Ronnie, but now I have more questions if I may? How far away can you go with the wireless (remote)?

Will the IR light mess with the flowering light? I mean a IR light in a dark cycle in flower?

On the Prozap bug strip, if used all the way through flower can you taste it? Do you have to do a bud wash?

IR camera's are cameras that can see infrared. They don't project it they see it. Infrared sit just outside the normal light the human eye can see. All (most) things put off a heat source which can also be seen thru an infrared scope.

With all light sources off an IR camera will pick up heat signatures which is then converted to the camera.

Hope that helps....

you can turn the IR leds on the camera off if you want. far red or infared will not interfere with the light cycle. the camera's have a good range. they connect to your router and can be controlled by computer or smart phone.

as for the insect guards , no you cant taste any difference and no I don't wash my buds. the strips release a vapor in the air , there is no residue from the strips that gets on the plants.

Okay, I have satisfied my lust for knowledge (for now) A big thank you Ronnie, Renegade & hiker, you guys are very kind to share your knowledge. So I'm thinking that if I put the strip further away from the exhaust so it would be pulled across the room?
Thanks for the light info, I've been asking that question for a couple of months, just not in the right place. lol.

Okay, I have satisfied my lust for knowledge (for now) A big thank you Ronnie, Renegade & hiker, you guys are very kind to share your knowledge. So I'm thinking that if I put the strip further away from the exhaust so it would be pulled across the room?
Thanks for the light info, I've been asking that question for a couple of months, just not in the right place. lol.

No problem brother, :) yes I would place the strip as far away from your exhaust as possible.

Back
Top Bottom