Lush Led vs Advanced Led Featuring Ace of Spades

It depends on what model and who is driving them.

The XM-L's can be driven at up to 3 Amps @ 3.1V = 9.3 watts.
The XP-l's are 3 amps @ 2.95V
XM-L2's are 3 Amps @ 2.85V

Edit: This is how Cree does their naming... Max drive current of: 350mA or .350A = 1 watt, 700mA =3 watt, 1.5A = 5 watt, 3 Amp = 10 watt

It depends on what model and who is driving them.

The XM-L's can be driven at up to 3 Amps @ 3.1V = 9.3 watts.
The XP-l's are 3 amps @ 2.95V
XM-L2's are 3 Amps @ 2.85V

Edit: This is how Cree does their naming... Max drive current of: 350mA or .350A = 1 watt, 700mA =3 watt, 1.5A = 5 watt, 3 Amp = 10 watt

Thanks again :)

I was on the fence with a couple things, hydro setup for one, and CO2 the other... I have yet to start my 1st grow, I have been studying and taking a ton of notes.. I will be growing indoor in tents as well, and was wondering if a Hydroponic system would be better than using soil? should a new farmer start with just soil? Love your Journal, learning a ton....

Is there not a cut off point in a plants ability to absorb the light? Do you know this Hosebomber?

It's called the light saturation point. It is very hard to reach for cannabis, but rather easy on some other plants like Aloe Vera and Lillie. I don't have the study in front of me at this moment but IIRC it is over 1500 micro moles per sec for cannabis.

Im really interested in the big Cree clusters. As long as over heating is sorted and they managed to get the correct true colours in there then they shòuld be good. Strange how some companies are going bigger diodes versus some going smaller???
Anyway I'm looking forward to the show for real :)

It is interesting , I think it comes down to cost as Hosebomber pointed out. the Big Cree diodes are capable of delivering more photons than the smaller ones. But I'm sure they cost more and require larger heat sinks.

Is there not a cut off point in a plants ability to absorb the light? Do you know this Hosebomber?

Yes plants have a peak point of light they can absorb. :)

I was on the fence with a couple things, hydro setup for one, and CO2 the other... I have yet to start my 1st grow, I have been studying and taking a ton of notes.. I will be growing indoor in tents as well, and was wondering if a Hydroponic system would be better than using soil? should a new farmer start with just soil? Love your Journal, learning a ton....

Thanks K0ncept,
Soil is more forgiving that Hydro and cost less to get started.

Just to elaborate on this...Its called the light saturation point and 2 other factors effect the rate of photosynthesis in correlation to the intensity of light. Temperature and CO2 availability are the other 2 factors.. When all of these 3 things are in line, the plant will produce more photosynthesis, but lets say you have very bright light, perfect temps, but not enough CO2, then the photosynthesis will slow down. The saturation point basically fluctuates depending on those other 2 factors.

Just to elaborate on this...Its called the light saturation point and 2 other factors effect the rate of photosynthesis in correlation to the intensity of light. Temperature and CO2 availability are the other 2 factors.. When all of these 3 things are in line, the plant will produce more photosynthesis, but lets say you have very bright light, perfect temps, but not enough CO2, then the photosynthesis will slow down. The saturation point basically fluctuates depending on those other 2 factors.

Great answer Icemud :) :thumb:

I agree , great explanation. :) +reps

Ronnie, did you ever get a chance to take photos of the dried buds? It would be great for comparison and just to see it all in one place. Heh

Good job. Glad to see you were able to get some test lights. Ive been using the ex veg 5 watt panels and they are noticeably more intense, so the new xte should be similar.

Ronnie, did you ever get a chance to take photos of the dried buds? It would be great for comparison and just to see it all in one place. Heh

Good job. Glad to see you were able to get some test lights. Ive been using the ex veg 5 watt panels and they are noticeably more intense, so the new xte should be similar.

just for you cannateer :)

left is lush right is advanced

DSCF11374.JPG
DSCF11415.JPG
DSCF11382.JPG
DSCF11405.JPG

Buds look to be identical quality in pics!

The Pheno 2's have cured for two weeks and have been tested :)

the buds on the Advanced side are more dense and larger than the Lush side , smell and taste is the same although the Advanced Pheno 2 jar has a stronger smell. Potency I would say is pretty even also.

Main Advantages for Advanced Led side was large weight advantage and the size and density of the buds.

Hey ronnie6690, I read a post in s1ingblades journal where you showed the prozap bug strip. Can you talk about how you use this strip, when, where & how. I've heard people can get sick if they are around these. Thank Ronnie, I would love to be able to use something like this for my grow if it's safe. I have to go back to page 39 and head your way. Thank you.

Hey ronnie6690, I read a post in s1ingblades journal where you showed the prozap bug strip. Can you talk about how you use this strip, when, where & how. I've heard people can get sick if they are around these. Thank Ronnie, I would love to be able to use something like this for my grow if it's safe. I have to go back to page 39 and head your way. Thank you.

Sure 60cal , strips are easy to use just hang in your grow room and thats it. change it out every four months.

directions say you shouldn't be in the area strip is for more than four hours a day. :)

Sure 60cal , strips are easy to use just hang in your grow room and thats it. change it out every four months.

directions say you shouldn't be in the area strip is for more than four hours a day. :)

Sorry to keep pushing ronnie6690, do you think it is okay in flower (early or late)? I really like the idea I hate fricken bugs. Do you put one in flower, one in veg & one in the outer room? Thanks Ronnie, I'm loving the info here.

Sorry to keep pushing ronnie6690, do you think it is okay in flower (early or late)? I really like the idea I hate fricken bugs. Do you put one in flower, one in veg & one in the outer room? Thanks Ronnie, I'm loving the info here.

I have one strip in my grow room 24/7. been using them for two years now , during all phases.

the closet in my grow room is my veg area , so I just have one in the room and it takes care of the closet too.
one strip covers up to 1200 cu.ft. :)

Thanks Ronnie, do you have to wear a mask? I don't think so but wanted to ask. And why doesn't everybody use these things? It would put most of the bug killing sprays out of business.
Your skills and your journal are top notch.

Back
Top Bottom