Trying To Reveg From Bare Stem! I Have To Try

Ok, so lets start with Stumpy's update because unfortunately it will be easy and quick.
Nothing has changed from the last update. Nothing at all. Still in 19/5 and now is the time to do some experimenting.

Today I did put a little Clonex on the tips of half of the cut branches. I will be doing an aloe treatment tomorrow.
The plan after that is going to be to transplant her into a fresh soil. The soil she was in I had problems in during her grow and now with no leaves or fruits I can't read her to get any ideas of soil conditions.

Sorry fellas but no good news yet. The only positive thing I can think of is that most people say that reversing to veg can take quite a while and we are just now hitting that "quite a while" so maybe one day soon she will kick back into growth mode.

Now for Stella.

Remember Fellas, the reason for her existence is to change the sex of one branch and then use that pollen to impregnate a few of her own branches for feminized auto seeds of 100% her genetics. I will of coarse harvest the rest of her for hopefully some yummy stuff.

That being said, she is doing simply great in her Promix BX!
My first grow in Promix and also first grow using Advanced nutes pH perfect lineup. So far all I can say is wow! If this grow continues to be this problem free I will in fact be doing it again. These nutes are so freaking easy to use. I use RODI water and it's as simple as mix and pour. pH is rock steady every time. I'm feeding her every water time. I have modified the Advanced online calculator recipe and feed her twice to 3 times per week instead of just once. No plain water in between just food every time she dries out.

She now has 5 nodes and is growing so compact that I have to untangle younger leaves that tangle up trying to reach for the light. Right now she is under the Advanced 300W LED. When needed we will ditch the 300W unit and hang the 450 watt Advaned over her. I doubt she will outgrow that light but if she does we will hang the Advanced 600W unit.

Here she is at 2 weeks and 4 days from popping soil

IMG_060930.JPG
IMG_061034.JPG

Paint some elmer's glue on the cut ends. The glue will act like a sap by sealing the branch and help it build internal pressure.

i'm not so sure about the clonex for this. maybe try few spots. my concern is clonex contains IBA (indole butyric acid) which is a rooting hormone. i checked out the MSDS sheet and it is the only active hormone in it. kinda funny, i use clonex too, but after seeing the data one could simply buy IBA for around $1.00 per gram. I paid $8.00 for 10 grams just recently. Anyways, the other two ingredients in Clonex are 2-Hydroxycthylcellulose (the gel) and Crystal Violet Dye for color. i think we are getting duped at $20.00 a bottle :laughtwo:

i am very interested in the Aloe. been doing a lot of research. very very interesting stuff. i'd like to see a few branches with that treatment. :)

Willows grow all over.. Might i suggest shredding some willow into a jug of water, steap for 4-6hrs and feed whenever.
Something blah something scientific in willows that enougrage root growth. (could be mytokinin? The same found in coconut water gypsy?)

Willows grow all over.. Might i suggest shredding some willow into a jug of water, steap for 4-6hrs and feed whenever.
Something blah something scientific in willows that enougrage root growth. (could be mytokinin? The same found in coconut water gypsy?)

rep for prompting that research! i have heard of it. never tried it or researched it deeply. pretty interesting stuff. it will make another good side note for book 4. there may be some data right here on 420 also. i found this in a quick google search. thanks Dank! :)

"Willow Water" — How it Works

"Willow Water" is a homebrew plant rooting hormone that is easily made and can be used to increase the strike rate (growth of roots) of cuttings that you're trying to propagate.

The way that it works can be attributed to two substances that can be found within the Salix (Willow) species, namely, indolebutyric acid (IBA) and Salicylic acid (SA).

Indolebutyric acid (IBA) is a plant hormone that stimulates root growth. It is present in high concentrations in the growing tips of willow branches. By using the actively growing parts of a willow branch, cutting them, and soaking them in water, you can get significant quantities of IBA to leach out into the water.

Salicylic acid (SA) (which is a chemical similar to the headache medicine Aspirin) is a plant hormone which is involved in signalling a plant's defences, it is involved in the process of "systemic acquired resistance" (SAR) — where an attack on one part of the plant induces a resistance response to pathogens (triggers the plant's internal defences) in other parts of the plant. It can also trigger a defence response in nearby plants by converting the salicylic acid into a volatile chemical form.

When you make willow water, both salicylic acid and IBA leach into the water, and both have a beneficial effect when used for the propagation of cuttings. One of the biggest threats to newly propagated cuttings is infection by bacteria and fungi. Salicylic acid helps plants to fight off infection, and can thus give cuttings a better chance of survival. Plants, when attacked by infectious agents, often do not produce salicylic acid quickly enough to defend themselves, so providing the acid in water can be particularly beneficial.

Willow water can be made from cuttings of any tree or shrub of the willow family, a group of plants with the scientific name of Salix. The more cuttings that are used and the longer they are soaked in water, the stronger will be the resulting willow water. Recommendations for the exact method of soaking vary. Cold water can be used, and soaking times of four or more weeks are often quoted. Other gardeners use boiling water to steep the willow twigs and soak the mixture for around 24 hours.

Thanks for sharing the research. I couldnt remember what willows deal was, ( Indolebutyric acid (IBA))

Im testing willow water now with what i believe to be fantastic results.

there was an abandoned thread here that put WW against Clonex. of course i didn't know it wasn't finished when i went in. what a heart breaker lol

Wassup Fan. There has always been much debate in organics on which is more beneficial, willow shoots, or Aloe. I came to the conclusion that aloe is what works for me. I clone using straight aloe as a root gel. Cut off a 2 inch piece and stick it right on ole stumpy's nub. Or, you can take 2 tbl spoons of aloe gel per gallon of water and use it as a drench and foliar spray.Aloe is like neosporin for plants dude, go with the aloe.

Why not go with aloe on the nub and willow water.. Win win!

This is a clone, had rerooted and been growing for 20days.
Roots reached bottom of 1gal pot, no circling.
While attempting to throw away, i ripped 90% of rootmass off, then i decided to test my willow water.
1118151333.jpg

48Hrs later, without wilting.
1120151527-1.jpg

Ps.. Aloe is like neosporin for humans too. The best sun burn cure to date!

When I was a younger man I spent 8 years working as a maintenance person at a rose grower here in Oregon. They grew roses but also grew many different types of ornamental greens such as curly willow aka corkscrew willow. They would make their own rooting hormones for starting their cutting with CW and had great success.

Heya,, good luck with the stump,, they can be so stump like I guess, dern things,, just a suggestion, aloe is good for near everything, for rooting clones too, but i use something different, and it seems to work as well,, this for cloning purposes for me but might fit your purposes as well,, honey,, melt pure honey down a bit, not getting it hot, and apply,, honey has all kinds of health and antibacterial qualities, and all natural of course

As for willow,, i have read that most rooting compounds are made from that, so, a no brainer there, but perhaps no willow around??

Again, go stumper go,,cheers

OK guys so we have several things going on now for Stumpy.

Last night I transplanted her into new soil. Used more perlite for air at almost 30%.
Let me tell you guys one thing right now, these airpots WORK! Her roots completely filled that 5 gallon air pot in an amazing way. I may attribute her huge 30 day veg growth to the unbelievable mass of roots she has.

I transplanted her last night and since I didn't water the new soil yet I did it tonight after I gave her an aloe rubdown from top to bottom I mixed 2 teaspoons of aloe in a half gallon of RODI water and gave her a good drench.

So at this point
New soil with 30% perlite
Clonex on half of the cut tips
Complete Aloe rubdown
1/2 gallon aloe drench with 2tsp aloe for 1/2 gallon rodi water.

In the cut branches that still showed hollow holes i topped them off with aloe.

She's still under the 100W draw MARS on 19/5

Since she has no leaves and many people say this is possible but they have only seen it work outside I wonder if I should step up the lights a bit???

I have lots of options when it comes to light, so what do you guys think? Is the 100W actual draw MARS good enough or should we bombard her with 100's more actual LED Watts? Or I can even put a 600W HPS over her. Ive got lost of different sizes of Advanced LED's including a p150 p300 p450 and a p600 or 600W HPS or 125W CFL with hood or I have a 250W CFL with hood.

Should we leave it as is or since she has no leaves to I need to really put the light to her so she can "see it"?

lame as it may sound, mine sat under 1k mh at 50% setting on the nanocube. took bout 2 months or so fer gooder stuff to happen.

just the system I have....I don't have as many options as you do, but I think given those options, I would likely have gone with the 600 hps right from the time ya whacked er up.

OK guys so we have several things going on now for Stumpy.

Last night I transplanted her into new soil. Used more perlite for air at almost 30%.
Let me tell you guys one thing right now, these airpots WORK! Her roots completely filled that 5 gallon air pot in an amazing way. I may attribute her huge 30 day veg growth to the unbelievable mass of roots she has.

I transplanted her last night and since I didn't water the new soil yet I did it tonight after I gave her an aloe rubdown from top to bottom I mixed 2 teaspoons of aloe in a half gallon of RODI water and gave her a good drench.

So at this point
New soil with 30% perlite
Clonex on half of the cut tips
Complete Aloe rubdown
1/2 gallon aloe drench with 2tsp aloe for 1/2 gallon rodi water.

In the cut branches that still showed hollow holes i topped them off with aloe.

She's still under the 100W draw MARS on 19/5
If that don't work on Stumpy take that on the road. You could make at least 75 bucks an hour giving those aloe massages, Sign me and the wife up :thumb:

i think i'd leave her under LEDs may be add a few. no leaves means no way to process all the light. no point burning up too much power. probably a better spectrum than HPS too.

Agree:Namaste:

This is just a quick update before the detailed on that will be up soon. Stumpy is looking much better! She has lost most of the dark color she was taking on. The dark color looked like she was dying off but now she looks to be clearing up!

I'm not sure if it was a combo of the things done or what but I'm not complaining that's for sure. She's looking better, her color has returned by about 60% and I am now seeing wetness at the tips of a few of the cut branches again.

Stella is becoming a lady. She's starting to show a few hairs and swollen calyx's. I did to her last week. I know that most people say it's a no no for auto's but I feel she is growing healthy and fast enough that she handled it just fine. Let's remember that her existence is for auto seed production. I will be spraying one branch later this week or early next to start the flipping of sex for the pollen. I'll be sure to have some pics up soon.

Back
Top Bottom