Sorenna's - 2015 - Strawberry Blue Reveg in Soil under Mars LED

High Sorenna

Louise is coming along nicely and I didn't realize it had been so long since I dropped in. Been off my feed lately and had a very minor surgery last week so have been medicating a bit more than usual. Some nasty pharma meds more for recreation than real need. :)

That yellowing early in flowering was Louise demanding more food than what was in her root zone so she stole some from the older fan leaves. During the stretch plants eat more than any other time and really need a good feed a few days before flipping to max them out. I generally just add a 1/2 dose of Bloom nutes to the usual Grow feeding a week before I plan to flip then a 50/50 Grow/Bloom mix the next watering around the time I flip along with a little Big Bud. Seems to get the flowers bursting forth a week after the flip so I keep doing it.

She should be done her stretching now so the feed you are giving her should do nicely. Extra P and K will keep the flowers growing while slowly backing off with the N.

L8r

Hello OldMedUser. :blushsmile:

First, let me say that Im glad you are back and evidently recovering and that it was only a minor procedure.

Yeah, I was waiting for her to tell me she needed food. I wasnt giving her any from the time I transplanted her to the time I flipped her. I was not expecting her to do it a second time. I think I just need to be more diligent about watering her on time, or fill up that swick pan shes sitting on. I was not able to give her a healthy dose of food before I flipped because I wasnt feeding her. Shes very picky about it. haha Ill taper off the Grow Big and only give her the two bloom nutrients after the next feeding, which should be tomorrow.

Now, I have to go fill up her container to sit out til then before I forget! Thanks for stopping in. :blushsmile:

I do the same thing and then it's all over the iPad screen! LOL! But I love that lingering scent. While I was uploading the photos today I had the tent wide open so I could enjoy the smells of all those maturing plants wafting out. Yummmmmmy!

Funny story: I was sitting at my desk online, doing whatever I was doing and my husband gave me the strangest look and asked me why I was smelling my fingers. lol I didnt even realize I was doing it until he called my attention to it. I just said I was smelling them because they smell good. But it was kind of embarrassing for him to notice that when I didnt. Im not sure why I felt that way, but I did.

:goodjob: Sorenna

Funny story: I was sitting at my desk online, doing whatever I was doing and my husband gave me the strangest look and asked me why I was smelling my fingers. lol I didnt even realize I was doing it until he called my attention to it. I just said I was smelling them because they smell good. But it was kind of embarrassing for him to notice that when I didnt. Im not sure why I felt that way, but I did.

Too funny :rofl:

What a life we live, eh?

:riskybusiness:

Sorenna's Secret Garden

I hate to say it, but you two have me thinking...

I could only use something that is already in this room but can be converted and I have exactly one possibility. My desk. The desk has a cabinet with a door. It even has a hole in the back where I could run the cords for the lights. It isnt very big though. Its like 1.5 feet tall, maybe a foot wide, and another 1.5 feet deep. It might hold one plant or maybe two in smaller pots. Great. Now the wheels are turning. Id love to drop my 2 afghani's, but I dunno if this space will do. I will think on it. :blushsmile:

A cabinet with a door sounds perfect! Even if it is small, I'm sure it can fit a lamp with one or two CFLs and a small fan for ventilation. That might not allow you to do a 2-month harvest schedule because the babies will be so small, but it could cut a 4-month harvest down to 3-months. If that worked out to be the case, that's an extra harvest a year. The veg cabinet would also allow you to take clones if you wanted to go that route.
The thing I hate most is wasting hundreds of watts of LEDs on a few babies when a couple CFLs would do the job. That said, take all my advice with a grain of salt as I'm only on my 2nd grow and I live in a state where I don't have to be as secretive.

Either way, I'm glad you're sharing your secret garden with us. :circle-of-love:

Im still thinking about it. It occurred to me that this desk is black inside and out, so Id have to put up foil paper inside there or something. I know foil isnt that great, but Mylar for such a small space doesnt seem practical to me. I could paint it and could get small can of it, so that might be the best option.

Sorenna's Secret Garden ~ Im thiefing that for my next grow journal, hope you dont mind. lol

Im still thinking about it. It occurred to me that this desk is black inside and out, so Id have to put up foil paper inside there or something. I know foil isnt that great, but Mylar for such a small space doesnt seem practical to me. I could paint it and could get small can of it, so that might be the best option.

Sorenna's Secret Garden ~ Im thiefing that for my next grow journal, hope you dont mind. lol

Flat white paint would be best.

Even white paper taped to the inside will reflect well

Veg cabinet ideas...

Here is a photo of my redone veg cabinet. The upper part measures about what your desk cabinet does and I could pack more lights in there, but it's used for cloning so I only have one 32w CFL up there.
IMG_81847.JPG
IMG_81856.JPG

IMG_81874.JPG

And a couple more photos of my stealth speaker which measures about 12" wide x 10" deep x 24" tall.
IMG_20150414_205735.jpg
IMG_64212.JPG
IMG_64269.JPG
IMG_64285.JPG
IMG_81502.JPG

Hope those help spur some creativity. :cheer:

Re: Veg cabinet ideas...

And a couple more photos of my stealth speaker which measures about 12" wide x 10" deep x 24" tall.
IMG_20150414_205735.jpg
IMG_64212.JPG
IMG_64269.JPG
IMG_64285.JPG
IMG_81502.JPG

Hope those help spur some creativity. :cheer:

I actually went to your first grow journal yesterday because I remembered that you made a small space with that speaker. I liked it then and I like it now. If I do this, it will be based on that speaker space. :blushsmile: Thank you for taking the time to help me make this work.

My desk also has a drawer over the door compartment. That would give me more vertical space, but once I take out the drawer the top few inches would not be covered. I could take the drawer apart and then put it back where it was, just as a front and not a working drawer.

Let me ask this. If I dont use the space for flowering, does it have to be light tight still? I dont think Im talented enough to shore up all the leaks that will be in there, particularly around the door and drawer.

Oh nice, Jim. Thank you! Ill have a look into that.

And since I have you here.. Welcome! Its my pleasure to meet you. :blushsmile:

No apology needed. That picture was way bigger than my thumb. hehe

UPDATE: Louise ~ Day 62 Total ~ Day 22 Flower

Howdy, peoples! I hope you are having a great day.

I has good news in my tent this evening. :blushsmile: Frostiness had arrived! Woot! Woot! *happy dances* I checked her moisture last night and it was a bit dry so I gave her some water, but no food. Youll see why in a bit. Actually, I just filled up her SWICK pan to help her keep herself hydrated because obviously I suck at anticipating her need for it. Ill give her some food tomorrow evening at the same 25% strength except when I give her the Grow Big this time, Ill only give her half of what I gave her last week, then next feeding, no Grow Big, just the bloom nutes. Maybe that will do her.

Oh and did I mention she has frostiness?! :)

I did a little bit of defoliating on her today, not because I think she has so many, but because a few shade the lower nodes. I only took the ones that grow toward the center of the plant and the ones that directly shaded a flower, about 15 in all.

Thats about all there is to report. Maintain and wait, thats all I can do for the next month or so. :)

My beautiful Strawberry Blue, Louise.
louise9305.jpg

Flower Power!
louise9304.jpg

In this one you can see frosties, but you can also see very lightly, barely burnt tips. Thats why I didnt give her any food when I watered.
louise9303.jpg

These last two show off her sparklies a little bit. :)
louise9301.jpg

louise9302.jpg

Tata for now!

Yeah!!! :party: :slide: :yahoo:

Re: Veg cabinet ideas...

I actually went to your first grow journal yesterday because I remembered that you made a small space with that speaker. I liked it then and I like it now. If I do this, it will be based on that speaker space. :blushsmile: Thank you for taking the time to help me make this work.

My desk also has a drawer over the door compartment. That would give me more vertical space, but once I take out the drawer the top few inches would not be covered. I could take the drawer apart and then put it back where it was, just as a front and not a working drawer.

Let me ask this. If I dont use the space for flowering, does it have to be light tight still? I dont think Im talented enough to shore up all the leaks that will be in there, particularly around the door and drawer.

It's my pleasure to help. To answer your question about it being "light tight", I say "No, it doesn't need to be light tight", but it is kinda annoying when you're trying to sleep and a light is shining through the cracks in the cabinet. My suggestion is to make it as light tight as you can and then use a 24/0 or at least an 18/6 ligt schedule with its dark period when it's still fairly dark in the room.

If you're not using the drawer, I say take it apart and put just the drawer front back on. The extra height is nice especially if you're gonna veg for 40-50 days.

Off to bed. Hope you have wonderful dreams and awake to a pleasant morning. :Namaste:

lol.. The leaky lights wont bother me when Im sleeping because I keep my lights on in my tent all night and I keep the vent holes open so air flows nicely through there. My bedroom is pink with light anyway. Not using the drawer will be okay. I have too many hidey holes for junk as it is. Ill consider it a contribution to my dismal housekeeping. Two birds with one stone, so to speak. :blushsmile:

Thanks, Radogast. I think she might have been a good candidate for a SCRoG. Someday, Ill do one of those, when Im more comfy with how these darling plants behave.

:blushsmile:

Back
Top Bottom