My Mystery Indica Reveg

Cheers Pine nut, however the crappy photos don't really give a true indication, but what should apparent is the high leaf to calyx ratio. But it's not as if I can take it out of the tent to take better pics :)

Maybe because this is not a strong smelling plant, the filter is holding up just fine. That's not to say that there is no smell as, before I added the filter, the room smelt very strongly of green herb.

As the WWXBB is expected to be far more pungent, I plan to upgrade the pringles tube to an A4 can; you know, the catering size can, with a regular size can for both the the inlet and outlet.

I'm getting a wee bit concerned about the rate the leaves are yellowing. Yes, I understand it's perfectly normal for the fan leaves to yellow and die off as it comes to the end of its time, but even the smaller bud leaves are starting to yellow.

I dare not call them sugar leaves as the trichome count on the top bud leaves is not great. That being said, on the lower, protected buds, there are far more trichomes. I'm starting to believe that the blasting fan I had going across them was responsible for this.

A point to note; I haven't put her onto flush yet and she is still being reticulated with 10 day old nutes, which included a small dose of GH micro. Incidentally, the GH Micro has a higher percentage of nitrogen than the GH Grow!

The GH schedule for ripening still calls for 1.3% micro by water volume, which contains 5% Nitrogen, so I find it hard to attribute the yellowing of the leaves to nitrogen deficiency.

I thought it may be due to calcium deficiency as I was running the PH at around 5.5 -5.8 (bit hard to be totally accurate using the dye drops as a PH indicator), so I upped the PH to 6.5 recently, however the nute solution seems to want to stabilise around the 5.5 -5.8 mark and I don't really want to be piss farting around too much with the PH level. I think calmag is a must for the next grow!

There are still quite a few clear trichomes, but I wonder if she will survive this leaf yellowing.
Interestingly, there is one little patch where the leaves have started turning purple. Not sure if this is a strain trait or not, but there have been a few cool evenings recently.

Anyway, I have just changed the res again given her some new nutes again.

I did cut one bud off the other day and that has been hanging to dry. I wonder if I can restrain myself and let it cure for a week or two.

About 3 ml of GH micro and about 11.5 ml of GH Bloom per gallon. (the recommended is 5 ml and 15 ml)
Also, the PH was slightly above 6, so I just left it as it was.

I believe excess nitrogen can lock out potassium regardless of ph
Potassium defiency:
420-magazine-mobile470541712.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1925441261.jpg
420-magazine-mobile214841185.jpg

StarKiller OG - Rockwool - Ebb & Flow - 1200W LED - 2016
New Member Start Links
How do I top my plants?
Auto Growers Unite - A Community Thread

Cheers old man.
Certainly she suffered nitrogen deficiency previously, but I don't think that's the case at the moment. The ratio of nutes I'm using at the moment is that specified by General Hydroponics for the ripening stage, minus about 30%.

I'd say, if anything, she has suffered from calcium deficiency, even though the GH micro contains 5% calcium.

I've seen wildly varied tables showing calcium uptakes with some showing very low uptake below 6.00 PH

Compare these charts for example

ph-nutrient-availability.jpg

Nutrient_Chart2.gif

NutrientPHRange.jpg

Not much to report except there seems to be quite a number of new pistils appearing. These are not just coming up on the top tallest buds, but over the whole canopy. The light is still the recommended 18 inches from the canopy.

It also seems as if there are new trichomes forming as there seems to be more clear triches and I haven't spotted any amber trichomes yet.

Back
Top Bottom