My Mystery Indica Reveg

I find the last 30 days drag as all the noticeable growth stops and the flowers don't change much, just waiting for them to finish.

Still waiting for that! My very first grow and in the early stages of veg, early veg. But I'm here for the long haul and the massive learning curve.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Finally, 8 weeks to the day from flip, I see the trichomes are starting to turn amber. I have started flushing and then - off with her heads! At least I now know what to expect for her daughters.

I'll probably chop on Sunday and then get the tent all cleaned up for the next crop, and the babies are very eager to settle into their new home.

Still waiting for that! My very first grow and in the early stages of veg, early veg. But I'm here for the long haul and the massive learning curve.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Are you going to start a journal? It's a great way to get support on your grow and the members here are only too happy to offer help and advice should you need it.

Yeah, it sure feels that way. Had she been more of what I expected, I suspect I wouldn't have been so impatient.Still, some very valuable lessons learnt which will definitely be put into practice with the next crop.

Thanks for being along for the ride and giving your support along the way.

The hatchet man visited yesterday after only 24 hours of flush. Why? Because she damn well started revegging, that's why!

I'm 100% confident that there've been no light leaks, no inadvertent nitrogen spikes or anything untoward to cause this. Except one possibility! I have deduced that the root cause of the sugar leaves yellowing was due to light burn. This would also explain why she decided to throw off new pistils and start revegging.

This all leads me to conclude that she was an incredibly sensitive girl - insensitive to regular nute doses (not forgetting that the manufacturers of the light panel recommended 30% less nutes than a standard HPS/HID grow, which I discovered a fraction too late) and light levels. At one time, I had the lights 1 inch closer than the manufacturers recommended, but lifted it back up after a few days, yet the apparent light damage extends at least 6 inches down.

So, although this grow was less than successful, it was incredibly useful insofar as teaching me about this particular strain and LED and hydroponic growing in general.

I will soon itemise what I learnt from this grow and post the somewhat disappointing yield when it is fully dried.

As a post script to this grow, I would like to thank all those who participated in this journal and offered not only their support, but their experience as well. I am truly indebted to you all.

I will take everything that I have learnt on this journey and dutifully apply it on future grows.

As an FYI, I shall also be updating my new grow, whereby I apply these oh so valuable lessons.

The flowers are currently in the breathe stage of the sweat and breathe cycle and my room is somewhat reminiscent of a newly mown hay field.

I weighed what there was and was surprised that it weighed in at 236 grams, albeit still with a small amount of moisture. So let's call it 225 grams or just under 8 oz of light, fluffy buds.

I just smoked a couple of cones of pistils that collected and, although it tasted rubbish, it's not too bad. Quite cerebral.

What I’ve taken from this grow:

LEDs require 30% less nutrients than HID/MH
There was very little stretch on this strain
Don’t have the fan blasting across the canopy continuously during flowering
Allow plenty of space between branches, i.e. don’t overcrowd them
Keep nutrient levels topped up
DWC is a better option than drip feed if you have to go away for more than a few days
LEDs can still burn even at manufacturers recommended height
Multiple plants are a better option in a SCROG for a quicker turnaround
Allow a reasonable height above the SCROG before flipping
Clones for monster cropping can be taken before the plant flowers and left at the same time schedule as the mother plant to avoid rooting issues when cloning buds
Rooting hormone is not essential for cloning but will accelerate rooting
Vinegar is not suitable as a PH down as it will cause wild ph fluctuations
It’s ok to allow the ph to rise or fall within the zone

David, you can consider this journal done and dusted and move it to the completed journals. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom