New Grower Here!

Blondhottie

On August 2 2016 my sprout just came out but stretched because of trying to get sun, which totally sucks! I am still trying to grow them strong, so bending the stems a tad. I have my first leaves coming out right now, getting bigger, I water them not too much little at a time, currently in the sunshine as we speak, I accidentally broke a stem so a straw is holding her up, so she should heal. I am worried I am lacking something, they are sort of stop growing for a day or so. So wondering if this is completely normal, also I have no idea how to upload pictures to get started if someone could help, SWEET!

I hope to have a good harvest... I have no growing CFL or LED lights just natural

not the greatest seedlings, apparently I have planted them too deep into my planter :( nobody has told me Its has to be near the top, anyways starting to look good, just wondering if this is normal for young girls. The last day or so been growing very slowly... so need some sort of directions, Also will be updating daily pictures of the seedlings

thumbnail_20160810_165650.jpg
thumbnail_20160810_165648.jpg
thumbnail_20160810_165641.jpg

As long as your light is directly above your plant so that the sides of the container doesn't block it you should be fine.
And congratulations on your New seedling, It looks good to me.:thumb:

Burying them too deep can be problematic if it can find its way to the top. But as of now she looks to have a strong base. Typically once they unfold their sails and photosynthesis begins, alot of focus get directed to root productions. She'll be on her way in no time, the number one thing with these miracle plants is patience. I wish you the best of luck grow some big buds of xl Moby Dick.

If you check my signature there's a link to how to start a journal. It will help you give us the details and conditions of your grow. Glad you've come to share with us,

KIG :green_heart:cheers

todays photos, Day 9 and day 7 for the little girls

DSCN14037.JPG
DSCN140411.JPG
DSCN140512.JPG
DSCN14066.JPG
DSCN14077.JPG

one with straw was injured so on window sill for a few days as you can see sun deficient or moving to the sun rays so I put her outside with straw, strong girl still alive and well, I water them a tiny bit per day not over watering or under watering, I pay attention to them. I hope that they get bigger soon! But again they are new.

As for nitrogen, what is the best and ratio of water and nitrogen, dont want to burn them but keep them happy and go not too big. And when should I start doing that?

Nice new growth you got here. You can bury them up to the first round leaves. Is your soil fertilized? You can try 1/4 strong nutrients after a week or earlier, just watch her react and do not overdo it. Less is more. Good job so far.

DSCN14084.JPG
shes back up and kicking, I am going to get more soil. I have Miracle Grow Moisture smart. Its working good! I might get some more of the same, and some fertilizer tonight or tomorrow :) Keep ya posted

Hey!!!

So an Update my girls are doing well almost drowned my little girl with somehow the AC dripped water into the pot (First time I ever seen it drip this year) well I had to transplant to a new pot, the pot she was drowning was almost like mud, however the other girls are thriving in the pots and well taken care of. You can see the difference in colour and see its much wetter than the other pots.

The miracle grow I use is amazing, and is working very nicely ... I guess its pays to be able to work in the greenhouse I remember some of it when in high school (10 years ago!)

Unfortunately I made a little boo boo by snapping it (not off) like I said in the previous post one of the plants but found a straw and made a splint to make her strong and help her survive Shes still doing very well

Keep ya posted of whats going on

DSCN14118.JPG
DSCN14127.JPG
DSCN14146.JPG

Be careful with feeding these plants in that soil. I read it has up to 6 month of feed. (more like 6 weeks but..) this may be too strong for your seedlings but not strong enough for a thriving plant. Some love miracle grow some will never use it again. As I said before good luck and...

KiG :green_heart:

So what soil should I use?

I like Fox Farms Ocean Forest (FFOC) with some extra Perlite mixed in (3:1) Generally there is no need to give any additional nutrients for the first 3 weeks. You will also want to be be able to adjust the pH of your fluids (plain water AND nutrients) to 6.5, this is very important. The Bluelab pH pen is good choice for this.

The 2 plants on the right side are 14 days from seed.
Seedlings62.jpg

I use a mix of promix hp(high porosity) and my soil amendments that include coco earth, worm castings, dolomite lime, bone meal, bat guano, Epsom salts and a little extra perlite. I will then presoak the medium with a mild vegetative and root booster solution. Before planting my seeds.
This promix hp has zero nutrients within. This way I have complete control over what my plants are getting. Fox farms is a great soil aswell, they have a good reputation around here. It's really up to what's available to you in your area, hope your research goes well. Goodluck

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Nice grow, currently have one on the go at the moment, mix of outside / greenhouse - skunk mass, super hash and to rqs quick one. Looking forward to seeing how your plants come along.

20160816_161925.jpg
20160816_161928.jpg
20160816_161930.jpg

Getting bigger, both are green but the crappy overcast caused the colours be a tad distorted, the small ones are coming along now. 3 are awesome! They are loving the promix I got ... interesting! The temp today and humidity was PERFECT outside! so they enjoy the day soaking up UV rays!

These Girls are growing lot better, I used mineral water (FLAT no fizz), the girls are enjoying the cooler weather (upper 20's not 30's with 40 feeling (Celsius) the humidity is perfect out today. the seedlings are growing now. Late Bloomers.

Now for cooler months we want to grow indoors any places in Canada that sells those tents

DSCN14519.JPG

DSCN14424.JPG
DSCN144411.JPG
DSCN144813.JPG

Nice update, they look happy. Keep up the good work. Best of luck to you and remember this moment for comparison in a few weeks :) Happy growing! :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom