Needing some help with making it grow healthy

I am new to this, On Aug 2 2016 my little girls sprouted, as I am new to this and my first time growing, I noticed they have tried to "get long trying to get sun" I have never heard of this, so popsicle sticks and some straws helped and bending the stem gently to make them stronger, now its the 10th its sort of, stalled and idled for the last 2 days, got 2 leaves coming out, just wondering if its normal being 8 days to kind of bend this way. I dont know how to add photos but I got some of them. Can someone help me! LOL

I think they are looking great. Is that where you been normally keeping the plants, on the window sill?

They will grow fine there, but they do love direct sunlight. They're getting real tall (stretching) because they love the light and want more.

They will bend towards the light/sun. This is normal. I love to wake early in the morning and see the tops of my outdoor girls pointing right at the morning sun.

Happy and healthy !! :circle-of-love: He has some good ideas about watering techniques... worth thinking about .

so you think its because of my watering its causing some weird situation?

No not at all. They look great. :thumb:
I'm looking forward and trying to prevent a weird situation a month from now.

so you think its because of my watering its causing some weird situation?

No, but the way you are watering will cause problems in the future.

Major PITA isn't pulling your leg. The two main goals during veg is to build a root system that will support your plant when it goes into flower, and to cultivate her into the shape you wish her to take in flower.

By completely letting the pot dry out, you force the roots to search for water. Wet/dry cycles will build a massive root system very quickly.

When I water, I literally set the pot in a container that is larger and fill that container with water until 3/4 of the pot is under water. I let the pot sit in the water for around 5 minutes, then drain every bit of water I can get out of it.

Then I let the pot go DRY! To the point the plant just barely starts to wilt. It's not really the leaves wilting, its the stems that hold them up relax slightly and she looks sad. When the pot get dry like this, memorize how light it feels. Then you can just lift the pot and tell if she is ready for water or not. I'll push her to wilt when I have time to keep a close eye on her. If I think she may wilt while I'm at work or away, I'll just water when the pot is very light.

In the picture below, I have a pot soaking in water. Notice the leaves drooping.

6-26_11_.jpg

Here is a picture of the root ball when I transplanted her to the final container. I nice bunch of roots. I actually could have went another couple of weeks before I transplanted.

6-26_8_.jpg

Okay I Just soaked the girls right now. keep ya updated
When I drench, I do it like masonman. The pot goes into a larger pot. I water from the top down and the bottom up until the soil won't absorb another drop. Let it sit a few minutes. Drain well. Tip the pot to drain more. Now the waiting game begins.

My sad little seedlings... I am using coat hanger and garbage ties to hold them up and not even doing as good a job. Time to go buy some straws.

IMG_20160826_113016.jpg
Those little gals need more soil! The cups are too shallow, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom