Trying To Reveg From Bare Stem! I Have To Try

Dam late again but at least this time I did not show up literally as your getting ready to cure.

Pulling up a chair so I can follow along instead of having to go through tons of pages in one day to get caught up.

Super nice set up by the way.

lol. Welcome and I'm glad you made it! Your early to this one. We haven't even started.... :morenutes:yet.

Well heres our little Candy Kush Auto. She popped up late last night and is currently basking in her first day of 19/5.

IMG_059139.JPG
IMG_059038.JPG

Now as far as Stumpy goes.

On the close up of the knuckles you will see what looks like white spots. I'll get you some more pics with good light not the "blurple" crap but those little spots are not white to the eyes in good light. They are a much lighter green than the rest of the stem. She's showing this on several knuckles. Nothing else much has changed with her yet but I knew this would be a long process either way.

IMG_059236.JPG
IMG_059336.JPG

Now as far as Stumpy goes.

On the close up of the knuckles you will see what looks like white spots. I'll get you some more pics with good light not the "blurple" crap but those little spots are not white to the eyes in good light. They are a much lighter green than the rest of the stem. She's showing this on several knuckles. Nothing else much has changed with her yet but I knew this would be a long process either way.

IMG_059236.JPG
IMG_059336.JPG
I hope Ole stumps sprouts new wings and has another go at life ,,,,sweet

I hope Ole stumps sprouts new wings and has another go at life ,,,,sweet
I hate to sound like a negative nancy but Ole stumps did Fanleaf a stellar job by almost doubling his expectations. But instead of letting her retire to MJ heaven, you all want her to keep on producing. I feel for the poor gal, she put in her time plus did an above and beyond job of it.

If she does make it, I hope you intend to put her out to pasture and enjoy the rest of her life , maybe buy her a gold watch...lol

I hate to sound like a negative nancy but Ole stumps did Fanleaf a stellar job by almost doubling his expectations. But instead of letting her retire to MJ heaven, you all want her to keep on producing. I feel for the poor gal, she put in her time plus did an above and beyond job of it.

If she does make it, I hope you intend to put her out to pasture and enjoy the rest of her life , maybe buy her a gold watch...lol

Yea, she really did do a great job. I really would like to see her make it long enough to keep her genes going on. I just need a few new shoots lol.

As my friend has said about his ol lady during her P week ,,, ya dont close the amusement park cuz one ride is broken !! and he feels the wrath , we laugh

did you trim the roots at all when you started this? I know that one of my mentors would chop the rootball in half when doing a reveg, something about forcing the plant to rebuild top and bottom. I have never tried it though, so I am clueless. :)

I didn't. Never heard of that. At first I didn't plan to do anything with her but just be happy she grew like she did until days after harvest she was still pumping water out. I figured at that point maybe there was hope.

Yea, she really did do a great job. I really would like to see her make it long enough to keep her genes going on. I just need a few new shoots lol.
I actually cloned 2 clones off one of my outdoor grows. I tried taking a few from each plant but only got 2 to actually take off. They looked weird as all get out and the branches they formed were really spindly. My brother told me they would be fine if I gave them more time. I guess what surprised me more was that if you knew you were going to try to revive her why not leave a few fan leafs on her? maybe even a few popcorn buds and sugar leaves. I think thats what I would have done if I ever tried it. Though if you clone before you flip, you never have to worry about it. If you do not like that strain I am pretty sure someone would be more then happy to take it off your hands. I know I had 3 clones of the Lemon Sour Diesel that "she who must be obeyed" said get those stinky MOFKR's out of my house, that I found homes for in less then an hour. I guess I could have just tossed them in the garbage but that is one nice part of Oregon Law. We can give away all we want, just can not sell or barter them or receive any compensation in any way. They can not govern Karma :Namaste:

I actually cloned 2 clones off one of my outdoor grows. I tried taking a few from each plant but only got 2 to actually take off. They looked weird as all get out and the branches they formed were really spindly. My brother told me they would be fine if I gave them more time. I guess what surprised me more was that if you knew you were going to try to revive her why not leave a few fan leafs on her? maybe even a few popcorn buds and sugar leaves. I think thats what I would have done if I ever tried it. Though if you clone before you flip, you never have to worry about it. If you do not like that strain I am pretty sure someone would be more then happy to take it off your hands. I know I had 3 clones of the Lemon Sour Diesel that "she who must be obeyed" said get those stinky MOFKR's out of my house, that I found homes for in less then an hour. I guess I could have just tossed them in the garbage but that is one nice part of Oregon Law. We can give away all we want, just can not sell or barter them or receive any compensation in any way. They can not govern Karma :Namaste:

Yea.
I didn't plan to take any clones or reveg her at all. I just planned to grow her out and then start another grow with a new strain. After the harvest I got more and more heartbroken realizing what a beautiful set of genes I didn't plan to keep. It was too late by then (maybe). Unfortunately this would have been much easier had I not cleaned her off so well. Oh well, I will try to do what I can and from now on on photo grows I will keep options open for the plants that grow like she did. I still have hope but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Wonder what would happen if you dipped one of the branches in clonex? You have plenty of branches there, you should try that on just one of them and see what would happen, we all might be surprised with the outcome!! Just a thought I had but its worth a shot, or at least to me it sounds like a reasonable thing to do, take care and good luck! Oh by doing the conex, I think it would def stop the water or whatever that is thats coming out of it.

Fanleaf, I'm subbed. I have confidence that you will get some new growth of the stump can hold out long enough. I once killed(almost) a mother plant. Dried it out till everything on it was brown. So I chopped it down to basically what yours looks like except I had just a coupe leaves with a little green to them that I left on. Watered it good. Put back under the t8 bulbs and after about a month it started to re grow. Now it's a bush! Getting flowered out in my journal right now actually.I am interested to see how this one fullychopped turns out!

Wonder what would happen if you dipped one of the branches in clonex? You have plenty of branches there, you should try that on just one of them and see what would happen, we all might be surprised with the outcome!! Just a thought I had but its worth a shot, or at least to me it sounds like a reasonable thing to do, take care and good luck! Oh by doing the conex, I think it would def stop the water or whatever that is thats coming out of it.

You are right, I do have plenty. I may do that!

You are right, I do have plenty. I may do that!

I've had some real logs take root with only a little bit of leaf. Good vibes! This will be interesting.

What about tissue cloning??? I've always wanted to do this and being into mycology I'm pretty well set up for it. Just lacking a few chems maybe.

As far as hacking the root ball.. it's sort of a case by case for me, but most of my reveg's I just pull it, shake off any excess soil and replant. A few die, but not too many.

Hey Fan. Have you thought about giving ole stumpy an aloe vera drench? I come from an organic background, and aloe might help you bring her back to life. It's got growth hormones and enzymes that will help boost her immune system. 2tbl sp of gel per gal of water. Might be worth a shot.

Hey Fan. Have you thought about giving ole stumpy an aloe vera drench? I come from an organic background, and aloe might help you bring her back to life. It's got growth hormones and enzymes that will help boost her immune system. 2tbl sp of gel per gal of water. Might be worth a shot.

I sure will give it a shot. We can try several ideas once she dries up a bit :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom