Bruiser47' s Soil-Less Mk-Ultra Grow Journal - 2014

The big bloom is fine to use through veg and flower. The npk on it is very low.

It is essentially there base enhancer. Organic and safe to use a higher dose if you wish. I see a light fade on the lower leaves I would add the 1/4 strength grow nutrients and 1/4 strength big bloom together. They have a third bottle which is the bloom base. forget what it is called at the moment.

Water water feed is good, but honestly you can feed lighter doses everytime until runoff as long as your not feeding stronger than 1.2 ec or so. and ther must be at least 15-20 percent runoff. this keeps the medium from building up salts and keeps the balance.

AACT tea is your friend. weekly is best but bi weekly is ok too as long as you do em. good for plants growth and nutrient uptake. also it is good biological pest control as well.

I dont like to tell people how or what to do so thats why I say read. theres a million ways to grow a plant the right way.

PLANT LOOKS GREAT TO ME. In my experience it is better to be skirting the deficient side than the toxic side of the spectrum.

The big bloom is fine to use through veg and flower. The npk on it is very low.

It is essentially there base enhancer. Organic and safe to use a higher dose if you wish. I see a light fade on the lower leaves I would add the 1/4 strength grow nutrients and 1/4 strength big bloom together. They have a third bottle which is the bloom base. forget what it is called at the moment.

Water water feed is good, but honestly you can feed lighter doses everytime until runoff as long as your not feeding stronger than 1.2 ec or so. and ther must be at least 15-20 percent runoff. this keeps the medium from building up salts and keeps the balance.

AACT tea is your friend. weekly is best but bi weekly is ok too as long as you do em. good for plants growth and nutrient uptake. also it is good biological pest control as well.

I dont like to tell people how or what to do so thats why I say read. theres a million ways to grow a plant the right way.

PLANT LOOKS GREAT TO ME. In my experience it is better to be skirting the deficient side than the toxic side of the spectrum.

You make perfect sense shottafire. I agree 1oo% and plan on keeping with that system of nutrient intake. The more struggle of the plant the stronger it is? within reason.

This pic is right before her veg feeding. I will post one after also so we can compare. It seems now like shottafire mentioned there is some yellowing on her biggest oldest leaves. not too bad but perhaps a deficiency.
photo-1220.JPG

This pic is right before her veg feeding. I will post one after also so we can compare. It seems now like shottafire mentioned there is some yellowing on her biggest oldest leaves. not too bad but perhaps a deficiency.
photo-1220.JPG

Its not bad at all. Honestly like I said better to be deficient a little than toxic. IMO the way your plant is now is perfect. She is going to love the food and will be able to use the nutrients and build a nice little root system and your on your way to a successful harvest.

The first few weeks of the lings life is the most important IMO. You have done a great job..

I had returned from a much needed vacation which was 7 days long. Living like a king on my favorite beach was paradise for four days. I thought with having been a trend of overwatering my garden making mistakes and never making any process perhaps leaving them for seven days without my interference would prove positive. I was wrong, almost a total loss. Got one little girl limping along with yellow leaves. Can yellowing leaves turn back green? Is that overwatering or lack of water. Fed her 1/4 strength of grow big along with half strength big bloom last week. Its been all water since.
photo-1316.JPG

She definitely has pure indica qualities and tons of little leaves growing in between the small little nodes. I'll post a pic of them later. This is the farthest along I have ever been. I feel like I maybe in full veg. Next feeding I think maybe a full strength dose of the grow big. I need to get some calmag. Someone mentioned the yellowing maybe a lack of cal mag as I am using soilless mix. Once again thank everyone for the support and any help is very appreciated. Also I am sprouting a white widow from royal queen. They say its the easiest to grow so as much of a beginner as I am......I think we will KISS.....

Everything is great, man. These yellowing leaves are not a problem, as these leaves soon will be not needed at all. Simply take further care of your plant ant it will surely thrive. About these yellowing leaves - if your ph is right - it's a nitrogen deficiency. If it's a lockout - check your ph and you will know for sure. IMHO it's N deficiency. Look here Nutrient Disorder Problem Solver maybe it will help, if you did not read this already.

Hello Bruiser. She looks pretty good to me. That part yellow leaf probably won't turn green again. Plant is drawing off the N in the leaf. Could be partially due to minor overwatering but more likely short on N while you were on vacation. Droopiness often a sign of overwatering. Let her dry a bit between watering, the O2 in the soil will help. Leaves should point upward early in day if she's happy. Big Bloom is great but if you take another look at NPK ratios, it is very mild. Can be used often without a problem. To me it is more of a tonic than fertilizer. Great stuff.
I had returned from a much needed vacation which was 7 days long. Living like a king on my favorite beach was paradise for four days. I thought with having been a trend of overwatering my garden making mistakes and never making any process perhaps leaving them for seven days without my interference would prove positive. I was wrong, almost a total loss. Got one little girl limping along with yellow leaves. Can yellowing leaves turn back green? Is that overwatering or lack of water. Fed her 1/4 strength of grow big along with half strength big bloom last week. Its been all water since.
photo-1316.JPG

check out these little leaves growing in between the nodes. she's going to be bushy. I was thinking about not topping or anything but just vegging for a while before flowering so as to increase her size to fill up the tent because she may be my only plant in there. I would kinda like to have her be large producer...... once again I have little knowledge of how this whole process works.
photo-1417.JPG

when she goes into flower and she has set in , trim the under growth ...the first third of the plant from the top of the soil(without trimming vital branching)this part of the plant very rarely receives enough light to produce any decent bud.
give her some training and she will be a pearla :)

Hi Bruiser. Your grow area may influence what shaping or height control technique you might use. Height or width limitations? More tall plants or fewer wide ones? Last time I had no males so had 7 females in 4x4 tent (too many). I fimmed each one 1x with tallest getting 2 fims. To limit height & push lateral growth striving for flat even canopy.

I agree w/ indica vet about defoliation. I started defol. ~7 wks. But my defol is mild compared to what I see others do. I remove a few leaves here & there to facilitate even growth. Then in bloom I continue same way to get light on max. # of budding sites. I don't trim anything off plant bottoms until well into bloom since every leaf getting light is helping with photosynthesis.

Generally longer veg = bigger plants = more buds. But not impossible to produce good yields on smaller plants. My light produced 9 nodes on plants slightly under 2'. Good blues produce tight stacked nodes. Yield was ~.5 gram/watt or 1/2 lb. Good enough for me.

What would happen if I just let it grow naturally? Would it produce very little bud? What if I just trim off the bottom stuff as it probably won't get as much light. I just thought the bigger the plant and longer the veg the bigger and more numerous the buds. Is that wrong?

She is getting thirsty faster I've noticed. This morning she was wilting bad so I fed. It perked right back up so logically it needed water. Going through a 4hour dark period while being dry caused serious wilting. It went from watering every 7 days to 5 days and now 3 days. Thank you guys for the help, I'm finally growing. Now my questions: should I be considering transplanting into bigger container? Can the dark period cause wilting or is that the plant needing water?

She is getting thirsty faster I've noticed. This morning she was wilting bad so I fed. It perked right back up so logically it needed water. Going through a 4hour dark period while being dry caused serious wilting. It went from watering every 7 days to 5 days and now 3 days. Thank you guys for the help, I'm finally growing. Now my questions: should I be considering transplanting into bigger container? Can the dark period cause wilting or is that the plant needing water?

give the pot a good water ,wait 5 mins or so and pick up the pot ,whilst supporting the main stem between your fingers cover the pot with your hand and turn upside down and pop it out of the pot whilst keeping it all in one piece (it sounds harder than it is)if the roots are to the bottom and up the sides of the pot edge then you are ready to transplant . slide the pot back over the soil and flip her back up. tranplant when new pots and medium are ready :goodjob:
looking good mate.

Back
Top Bottom