Budding & Flowering Marijuana

I am conused, nothing new but my plants started showing the pistils, that is the begining of flowering, yes? They are on a 12 hour timing? Do I leave them on that timing, one of my ladies is going to out grow the closet, she is loaded with pistils. What now? Just watch them do their thing?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Catherine

seems like you are indeed in the flowering mode which best light cycle is 12/12 i hear you can skew it and all that to see whats best for you but i wouldt recommend doin that.
i would watch themdo there thing if you have no other room for the beastly girl you can get a nice fan by the light so it gets no light burn andmake it fit lol

I am conused, nothing new but my plants started showing the pistils, that is the begining of flowering, yes? They are on a 12 hour timing? Do I leave them on that timing, one of my ladies is going to out grow the closet, she is loaded with pistils. What now? Just watch them do their thing?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Catherine

Keep them on the 12/12 light cycle, feed them, water them, and they will do the rest. Keep an eye on your temps so they don't over heat and make sure that when they are in dark mode there is absolutely no light leaking in.

I have them in my closet in a spare room when they tucked in at nite the doors are closed, I have the only window closed off and when I close the bedroom door I tuck a black sweater under the door.. So I think that part is OK.
What happens if they get over heated? I have an osculating fan. I live in Vegas, the days get really hot and really cold at night.
Picking your brain, I counted 11, to be, buds on this one in particular, is that a lot?
Once I know what I'm doing and I'm confident about it, I wouldn't be driving everyone nuts with questions.
Thank you all for the help.
Cat

I have them in my closet in a spare room when they tucked in at nite the doors are closed, I have the only window closed off and when I close the bedroom door I tuck a black sweater under the door.. So I think that part is OK.
What happens if they get over heated? I have an osculating fan. I live in Vegas, the days get really hot and really cold at night.
Picking your brain, I counted 11, to be, buds on this one in particular, is that a lot?
Once I know what I'm doing and I'm confident about it, I wouldn't be driving everyone nuts with questions.
Thank you all for the help.
Cat

When flowering, keeping them in 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness is very important. They do need some fresh air supplied to them if CO2 isn't being added as that is the raw material for them to combine into sugars with the energy it collects from sunlight. Temp control is important but does not need to be perfectly controlled. If the air is comfortable for you, then it is for the plants. Excessive heat can cause the buds to be more airy and stringy. Too cold can slow plant growth and freezing ... well that is always bad. Cannabis is very hardy though and can come back from a lot so if you make a mistake, don't worry too much about it. See what you can learn from the experience as knowledge should be your first "crop" you harvest. If you get good buds too, awesome. Just don't get discouraged in the beginning. Good luck!

Yes **cut u-r girl's when it's time *Just top them then let u-r light get 2 the rest u will fill that spot that look's empty !!

I need a little advise...Right now Iam on a 6PM to 12 Noon Dark dark cycle, Iam going into flowering and I want to know is it ok to give the room a 30 hour plus dark cycle so that I can have the room on a 4AM to 4PM light cycle...my choices are 30 plus hours of darkness or phase them in and give them 24 hours of dark??? on of the biggest factors is on strain might continue to grow to a point of hitting the light and the light is as high as it can go.
Can I put the girls to sleep over 24 hours and what is the max. ??

I need a little advise...Right now Iam on a 6PM to 12 Noon Dark dark cycle, Iam going into flowering and I want to know is it ok to give the room a 30 hour plus dark cycle so that I can have the room on a 4AM to 4PM light cycle...my choices are 30 plus hours of darkness or phase them in and give them 24 hours of dark??? on of the biggest factors is on strain might continue to grow to a point of hitting the light and the light is as high as it can go.
Can I put the girls to sleep over 24 hours and what is the max. ??

I have read that some prefer to put their plants into 30 hours of darkness when going from veg to flower. Goal is to kickstart the flowering process. I will be trying that with my current grow. Good luck.

Tnks and I think your right but I just did a 7pm to 7am which turned out for the best we has amajor cold snap here I would have been running space heaters to keep to desired temps, but next cycle I will make sure and take change over into factors when setting up.

Thanks for the reply everyone I talked to about it really didnt know..next time I will try it. I did 24 hours and wish now that I did a 30 hour dark cycle, keep us updated

I did not note a quick flowering after doing the 30 hours of darkness with my last grow (Bubba Bondage). Did not hurt things either so I will continue the practice in the future. I have a feeling that the plant responsiveness to this extended dark period is somewhat strain dependent.

I'm doing 24 hours of darkness again this grow...but it's also an known strain, some old bagseed I had. I'll report back on how long it takes for the flowers to kick in to gear but since I don't know what strain it is it will be of limited value especially if this is a strain dependent thing.

I have two female plants in the 4th week of flowering and have done great up to this point and just over night they have pollenated and now I see seeds forming on each bud-how did this happen?

Simple...your plant hermied a little bit and there are mature ballsacks hanging around somewhere. It may only have balls at the bottom, or it may just be a couple spread out throughout the new buds. Only way to tell is to CLOSELY inspect the entire plant. That sucks though.

Are you sure they are seeds and not just swollen calyxes? Sometimes they will appear so fat they might have seeds in them but they do not.

I have two female plants in the 4th week of flowering and have done great up to this point and just over night they have pollenated and now I see seeds forming on each bud-how did this happen?

Where did you get the original seeds from? (Assuming seeds and not clones)

SF

Hey thanks for replying,
As this has frustrated me to no end. I did notice in week 2 of the flowering stage that on the fourth node from the bottom of plant a flower was forming underneath the branch upside down-so I bet that was it but don't know why the flower created itself? The seeds were random from a friend and just planted 4 and got 2 females out of it and these are good seeds if you know what I mean. I appreciate your help and is there a way I can just speed up this process up so I can be done with this batch? I'm very sure that these are seeds all around the outside of the buds, the green is starting to break away from the seed and I see white seeds all around each one. Thanks again!!

Hey thanks for replying,
The seeds were random from a friend and just planted 4 and got 2 females out of it and these are good seeds if you know what I mean. I appreciate your help and is there a way I can just speed up this process up so I can be done with this batch?

I don't think you did anything to Hermie your plants. I'm betting that the seeds you got from your buddy were from another hermie plant. Some go hermie, and some don't. You're 50% with male and female, which isn't a bad ratio from unknown seeds. Unless you know that you're buddy gave you FEM seeds, this often happens.

As someone that just finished a bag-seed grow, the smoke will still be as good, just have to deal with pulling out the beans.

No real way to speed up the process.

Best of Luck on finishing these out!
SF

I'm doing 24 hours of darkness again this grow...but it's also an known strain, some old bagseed I had. I'll report back on how long it takes for the flowers to kick in to gear but since I don't know what strain it is it will be of limited value especially if this is a strain dependent thing.

Said I would report back...

For what it's worth the pistils have been elongating for two days now and the tips of the shoots have all taken on that unmistakable look of pre-buds in which they look more hairy than leafy.

Back
Top Bottom