Budley's New Bud Box 3K, Watercooled, CO2, Sealed

Whatever you buy, do not buy anything by Kodak. They are complete shit. I went through 3, yes 3 trying to document my last grow. Those Coolpix camera's seem nice and they have a variety of models under $150.

Do any of these 150 range cameras allow me to get those killer close up bud shots or do I need to spend some $$ for that? I want to learn how to photograph my garden better.

So much great stuff.

As far as the camera - I agree - no Kodak. As far as getting close - you can test it in the store.

Put the camera on Manual. Zoom as WIDE as possible. Use the Manual Focus and set it at its closest setting. Put the cam directly in front of a newspaper or something and snap a pic.
--

I have recently discovered my CO2 burner has a malfunction that will keep the CO2 going even after the power is off. So I have learned the hard way that an overdose of CO2 will cause your leaves to turn white. Just throwing that in there as you up your CO2. 1500 is nowhere near an overdose, however. But I would be prepared for a significant increase in feeding.

Great grow, bro. Gonna be checking this out lots I can see.

:peace::rollit:

If it were me, and I wanted to get some great pictures, I would get a digital SLR camera. You can get a introductory model for between $400-$500 (CANNON, NIKON, SONY). Sony's intro model is supposed to be great, but don't take my word for it (it is also a little cheaper than the cannon or nikon). The safest bet is a cannon or nikon.

I have a rebel xt in the family, I just can't sneak it out to the secret blunt tavern. The one time I did the results weren't much better. I just don't know how to take good photos.
Perhaps a good tutorial somewhere?

I have a Nikon coolpix camera and close ups suck. Other then that it shoots great pics, just no detailed close ups.

My several-years-old 3MP Coolpix takes acceptable close-ups when I flip it to macro mode. As long as I don't end up letting the auto-focus "beams" miss my target. Actually it's been a pretty good camera considering it was mid-range when I bought it and it's been bounced around quite a bit during the years that I've owned it. I think they're up to 12MP now but that's extreme overkill for web-forum pics (so is 3MP). Field of focus seems ok.

I have a rebel xt in the family, I just can't sneak it out to the secret blunt tavern. The one time I did the results weren't much better. I just don't know how to take good photos.
Perhaps a good tutorial somewhere?

From a random thread about close-ups with that camera (I just googled close ups "rebel xt" and picked one of the first few):
For close up work you need a macro lens, extension tubes or close up filters. In order of quality (and cost).

well i guess I'll just go score a 150 nikon soon. can't spend lots on this when I need soooo many more toys that produce. Just spent a 100 bucks on nutes today. Going to add the GH flora necter this round as well. couldn't help feeling like I just paid 15 bucks for a quart of suger water (weak suger water at that). Anyone have a good recipe for something like this or bud candy that is DIY and cheap? Who would have thought the ol girls like a suger tit!

Man I have only heard RAVE reviews of bud candy. Plus its pretty cheap...like $100 for 4 liters? There are several people I know that basically hate AN but SWEAR by bud candy. I am picking some up soon once I get my TGA selection run finished. just my .02

It looks like it's basically the same thing as the GH nectar. 100 bucks for sugar water aint cheap! I agree if it works it's worth it, but if it is just the cane suger and molassess. I can mix that up for probably a buck a gallon. I bet someone out there has some concoction that does this! I'll have to start doing some reading.

n Show's over.crop has been destroyed. Fire marshall inspection tomorrow. Had a notice on door this eve. everything is completely dark and in stealth mode. zero material on site 40 freshly rooted clones in turbocloner off site to regenerate. Thought about moving the plants but figured i would be in for a 2 week shock. I was at 1500 ppm co2 2.6 ec nutes plus organic additives. 2 1ks 16" from the tops! It would take as long to recover from that as it would to start over. First time in 9 years. Oh well, I can handle 3 weeks easier than 3 years!

well as it turns out, I could have sailed through the inspection. they checked my exit signs and told me to move stuff away from my electrical panel. That was it! Oh well better safe than sorry.
Will transplant clones this eve and get the ball rolling again. Probably do more plants this time as well. Put me about 3 weeks behind schedule.

Will post new pics soon.

Sorry to hear about the crop, at least you had some clones going.

All night I was telling myself, good thing I wasn't there when they dropped in, but I guess if I was, I wouldn't have chopped. Could have turned ugly as I would have been shitting my pants so I feel I did the right thing. Only 3 weeks in so it could have been a lot worse.

I've been in several situations where inspections happened. Most were small Mom & Pop type establishments and many were in old buildings. Most memorable one was a business owned by a ~70-year old couple where I was tasked to go with them (he brought a group of new firefighters to observe the process and, I presume, to get to know the layout of a building that was constructed in the 20's and since added to in all six possible directions here and there along the way) to turn on the lights, answer any questions they might have, and to (lmao) keep them from falling through weak places in the floor or getting electrocuted.

The new people, being young, observant, and eager to please, kept pointing things out. I heard all kinds of, "Shouldn't they have...," "Isn't this dangerous," and even once (each), "Uhh... Can I just wait out here in the hallway? I can see fine from here," and, "Was this place even in code in 1928?"

And the fire marshal answered most of the questions with, "It's safe enough," "They try to keep customers out of this level," "You can all wait in the hallway - I don't think the floor will hold all 12 of us at once," "It's only dangerous in the Spring when it floods and nobody is likely to walk around down here when it's under water," "Yeah, it really shouldn't be set up like this but it's always been this way and they can't afford to redo it," and so on.

I might have taken the chance. But one thing I do know is if the fire marshal decides that he wants to look in there, he's going to do exactly that. Better safe than sorry is the rule, NOT the exception and you did the right thing.

Not every fire marshal has grandparents that worked in your building (and for the current owners). And while most of the ones that I've met have a sense of humanity (to varying degrees), it only takes one of them with a hard-on for the rules, an inflated sense of his own importance, or a mean streak.

You did the right thing. May whatever force in the universe that passes out Kannabis Karma award you a double-helping.

You did the right thing. May whatever force in the universe that passes out Kannabis Karma award you a double-helping.

Thanks man! We are all risk takers for the most part, so in hindsight I keep kicking myself. But I do believe things could have gone differently if it was active + the fact that all of a sudden there was an inspection really freaked me out.

New clones are in the box, trying to get themselves established. I should start seeing vigorous growth within a week. I currently have 30 clones in there, so I'll have to adjust my style a bit.

I'll start posting pics as soon as there's something worth seeing.

Sorry to hear about your crop man. Least you have clones going...plus it will give you a chance to see if you have the co2 problems again...

Seems to me this is a chance to dial in the room more with out waiting 2 months.

Yea, its only a few weeks time. Could have been 7 weeks into 1212.
The clones are really starting to move. Moving them under the hps tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom