Bushy as hell - defoliate?

cyclo1224

my plants are all super bushy...these are 2 of them....the larger one has veged for 5 weeks its just about 12 inches tall...the smaller one is in a pepsi bottle its 26 days old. should i remove any of the bushy leaves?
defoliate_037.JPG
defoliate_029.JPG
defoliate_052.JPG
defoliate_057.JPG

Is the first one a reveg?

Personally I would just let them grow, let them flow, dont cut off the leaves no mo.

At least when they are that small.

Looks like an indica dominate strain... if so they may very well grow in a christmas tree fashion & unlikely to bush out !

A little bit of mild LST training may help as like what p604 said about bending the top over which may help lower branches bush out a little...

Now defoilation is more suitable for hydro type grows where regeneration of veg growth is much more quicker whilst in veg, unfortunaly its a tad slower with soil grows... but may prove fruitful at day 21 of flowering when most growers choose to defoilate whilst in flowering :thumb:

basically you attach something be it string, tape, pipe cleaners, wires, or heck some even use fishing weights, to the upper part of the plant, then pull the top over a bit (do not break the stem!!!).

The reasoning for this is to expose the side branches to more light which in turn will make them rapidly grow.

very cool:thumb: ill use some string with something to wiegh it down...does it matter which way you bend it over...like should i have it tied down on one side one day then on the other side the next?

Back
Top Bottom