Caf's How to make FeM seed - What the seed houses do not want you to read

Cafghanica

Hello everyone,

So I am going to attempt to explain how and why we can make fem seed lots of our own at home without to much fuss. I am going to explain the basic genectis behind it and a few methods that can be used and which are best. I will also be editing this very soon with pictures to illustrate a few of the ideas.

First lets cover Hermi's the basic building block of Fem stock

There are 2 types of Hermi

1.Genetically predisposed Hermi's that would have produced male flowers on there female flowers requardless of any factor. These are generally refered to as bad Hermi's for breeding purposes because they do have a recessive male chromosome to pass along to future seeds as well as a hermi trait to be passed along.

2.And Then there are Hermi's that are induced through enviromental stress (light stress most common) or a form of chemical stress which will induce a female by genetic make up to produce male flowers on her female flowers which ingeneral will not pass along natural Hermi traits and will not pass along any male chromosomes to allow the future seed stock to produce males. There is also another method that does not require any true enviromental stress or chemical stress to cause this type of Hermi but the jury is still out on whether you eventually have a seed stock prone to Hermi when that is not the goal. I will talk about this type first. All of the above are considered good Hermi's when considered for breeding purposes. Again I'll go into my least favorite non chemical non enviroment tech first just so you can decide for yourself if this method maybe prone to cause later generations a predispostion to Hermi.

Different Techs

First there is the (Soma Seeds Tech) which is the one I think for having no real eviromental stress or chemicals is really the most prone to make future generations become hermi prone when unintended.

In this Tech they will let a female plant normally several in a true breeding program over mature to the point that they Hermi at that point you need another female plant to recieve the Hermi pollen. Once the pollinated plant has reached maturity you can besure that all your new seeds are female barring any genetically prone Hermi's. I believe this method to be inferior especially for any small breeding projects because over time you will be selecting the females most prone to Hermi when left to overmature which enturn could lead to future generations being prone to Hermi unwantedly. One foot note Sativa dominant strains are very hard to let overmature for this sort of breeding. Also another draw back of this sort of breeding is you will never be able to self pollinate a plant due to having to let the donor plant overmature so long normally (2-3 weeks)

The Next Tech is Photo Manipulation

In this Tech we will be using a manipulation of the photo period to cause the donor parent to Hermi and produce male flowers on what would otherwise be all femaile buds. In this Tech I like to leave the plants in the dark for 3-5 days when they are just ready to be flowered. I will go straight from 18/6 but it works on 24/0 as well and then to lights out on only the plants that need to be Hermied to be donors to other females for all female seed stock. You can also go back in after 5-7 days of 12/12 light schedule and do another 2-3 days dark for stuborn strains. I recommend keeping a close eye on each strain you try this with everyday during these dark periods its ok if it is interupted for a few minutes here and there. The reason I say this is because some strains mostly sativa dominant strains as well as Auto's can be very sensitive to long dark periods. If you find you have a plant of this nature try 6 hours on 18 hours off a day for a week then go to 10/14 for a week and then back to 6/18 for a few days then back to 12/12. This Tech does not have that many draw backs but it will Hermi the entire plant but also in most cases these plants can be left to (self) or self pollinate themselves or can be used to pollinate another female that has already formed pistils. This Tech is a form of stress so it can sometimes be hard to stress a few plants and not them all depending on room constrictions so keep this in mind if you think about using this method for all fem seed stock. Also depending on whether a plants heritage is Absolutely Phote Determined or not. Most indica dominant strains will give you no problem with this method.

(Just a reminder my favorite and most recommend way will be coming up soon)

The Next Tech is CRAZY DANGEROUS CHEMICALS I DO NOT ADVISE THIS METHOD!!!!! (Even though many of the seed houses do)

I am just glancing over this topic. I only seek to make you aware that this practice goes on and its not good and please try not to contribute to any seed house that you may find out use this method. I am not sure of any that I can name forsure and slander them because I have only seen some of the genectic freaks that this breeding has produced ie(polyploids) etc. These seed houses use Gibberellic acid which is a hormone and I generally do not frown upon the use of hormones when growing plants in alot of cases they are needed (rooting hormones etc) but in this case Gibberellic acid can make the product of a few generations of the seed unsmokeable and toxic to humans. I have never used this method but it can Colchicine seem to be the most prevalent types.

Now for my favorite method

Colloidal silver is my favorite and most recommend way of producing a non genectically prone Hermi for breeding purposes for all Fem seed stock. The reason I prefer this method is it is safe for the plant and us. It also is rather easy to do, you can choose to Hermi a brach instead of the whole plant if that is all you need. I realize that Colloidal Silver may seem like something out of science fiction but it is a simple silver solution that is easy to make at home and safe for humans. You can buy it at local pharmacies but the PPM on this solution for human consumption but isn't strong enough to produce Hermi's.

I will come back and update this thread with pictures of my Colloidal Silver Generator so you can make it at home for next to nothing and there are also kits that can be purchased on line.

When using Colloidal Silver during the first week of flowering you simply spray your plants during the dark period or while your large lighting is kicked off to make sure you do not get leaf burn. Any time you apply a liquid foilar spray to your plants they should not be under intense light. Do this for about the first 2 - 3 days during the first week of flowering and the plants will produce male flowers on there female flowers leading to Fem seed stock. You can also just Hermi a single branch or two but if you choose this method in an active flowering garden to gather pollen off a donor plant for later use on your next flowering crop make sure to cover the Hermi branch to collect the pollen and to also keep it from spreading through out your entire garden (plastic bag etc). You can also do selfing with this method. This method also works with any stuborn sativa or any Auto's. Remember the premise of all of this is (XX)*(XX) = XX or Female * Female = Female but if you have a bad Hermi one predisposed to Hermi your not getting all X chromosomes.

Also if you found this educational please +rep me and I will get picutures of my Colloidal Silver Gen up ASAP. This is a must for anyone that is looking into away to beat the system on ordering Auto strains that are too expensive to keep rebuying or a great way to get a mother essentially back ino seed form by crossing 2 clones getting a bunch of seed stock that will have a snapshot of her genetic make up or close within those seeds.

Any questions feel free to ask! :peacetwo:

No I would recommend something in the 200-1000ppm range which may sound crazy but u could still drink it on a dare lol but I'll get pics of my CS Gen tomorrow my Girlfriend forgot her camera tonight.

You said you need to do it at the start of flowering. How do you know if the plant is female to begin with. Not all plants show that early.

I did + rep you but got confused since I can't rep others and had repped you recently hmmmm. Guess it depends on how many boxes you already have.

You said you need to do it at the start of flowering. How do you know if the plant is female to begin with. Not all plants show that early.

I did + rep you but got confused since I can't rep others and had repped you recently hmmmm. Guess it depends on how many boxes you already have.
In most cases I was assuming that people new the genetic make up of the plants they are going to start breeding with aka whether it is male or female. If you have not got everything weeded down to females to work one of these techs then all you should have to do to sex your females from males is either take small clones and flower them to see if they produce male or female flowers or with the trained eye once a plant has been in a state of true Veg for atleast a month you can normally sex the plants by its pre-flowers that come out before the plant is ever triggered. Hopefully someone else has a good resource you can look at to show you male pre flowers and female pre flowers. Also keep in mind that I am talking about the first week of 12/12 light cycle when talking about first week of flowering. Any other questions or concerns please let me know and I'll try to attempt to answer them.

No I would recommend something in the 200-1000ppm range which may sound crazy but u could still drink it on a dare lol but I'll get pics of my CS Gen tomorrow my Girlfriend forgot her camera tonight.

WOW, I guess I was way off.
I think I'll save it for when she drops back by.
Thanks Caf. :thumb:

As soon as I get my camera back I'll get pics up of the CS Gen, sorry its taking so long but the girlfriend has run off with my camera for a couple days.

Hey Bud.

Thanks for stopping by. I've been waiting on your girl to return the cam for the next lesson.

:cheesygrinsmiley:

I've been watching. I agree this would be good to work on that LowRyder Autoflower, and I'd be interested in trying it out!

Subscribed with Notebook in hand.

Sf
I am going to promise to make every single possible effort to get those pics up today. She keeps forgetting the damn thing lol. I also need to add a little additional info anyway so I am going to go ahead and message her and remind her to bring it. That being said then I'll have to figure out uploading pics never tryed and I hear people complain at times when they havent done it. Thanks again for stopping in and reviving the thread abit!

Ok update guys my girlfriends sister took the camera out of town for a couple days on vacation so i am going to see if the old blackberry can work any magic and if not then I am screwed for a couple days. I will stay on top of it and get this thread updated with pics within the next 3 days you have my word. Thanks for the understanding in the meantime. Peace

Also please stop in and say Hi on my visitors page anyone, feel free to stop in and post questions there or ideas for threads etc and I will be more than happy to try and cover any subject. I love to help and if you have any good links to exciting new techs or experimental techs feel free to drop by my visitors page and link them and I will sure check them out. Peace.

Cafghanica; Thanks for stoping by and the kind words. I will take you up on your offer a little further down the line. First my grow room needs a little tweeking.

Hi all,
I am definately interested in using the colloidal silver as well.

I found this article on it,
Make your own Colloidal Silver
(if posting this link is a violation of the TOS, I am sorry,)

it lists many medicinal uses for it, as well as a quick description on how to make it..

How to make your own Silver Colloid Generator.

While it has been discovered that 30 volts is the ideal for
Silver Colloid production, 27 volts is very effective and
happens to be the convenient result of wiring three 9-volt
batteries together.

Therefore,
you'll need three 9-volt transistor radio batteries,
three battery snap-on lead connectors,
2 insulated alligator clips,
1 "grain-of-wheat" 24 volt 40 mA sub miniature
incandescent bulb,
a foot of 3/32" heat-shrink insulation tubing,
a foot of 2-conductor stranded insulated wire
for clip-leads,
a small box to put it all in, and
10" of pure silver wire (.999 fine).

This should cost under $30.00 for everything. Assuming some
skill with a soldering iron, you should spend about thirty
minutes constructing the generator.

Solder your three snap-on battery clips in series (red to
black) to provide 27 volts. Connect a 24V incandescent lamp
in series with either positive or negative output lead.

Solder the red insulated alligator clip to the positive (anode)
and the black insulated clip to the negative (cathode)
2-conductor lead wires. Insulation is shrunk over soldered
connections using a heat gun or hair dryer.

Cut your 10" of silver wire in half. Bend top ends of your
two 5" silver electrode wires so they can clip over the top rim
of a plastic or glass cup (not metal).

About 4" of each wire should be submerged.

WARNING! Use ONLY pure silver (.999 fine) electrodes. #14 gauge
is the preferred thickness. Pure silver is sometimes available
at electroplating supply companies. Or, inquire at a jewelry
store specializing in silver about who their wholesale supplier
is.

Do not use sterling silver (.9275) since sterling contains
copper and nickel.

NICKEL CAN BE TOXIC. (With this in mind, you may want to have
a chemical analysis (assay) of your purchased silver in addition
to the written word of your supplier.)

If the Silver Colloid is to be ingested or injected, be sure to
use distilled water. Tap water is fine for other uses, such as
for a topical spray or for plants. Also, before beginning to
make your Colloidal Silver you will need to make a saline
solution for enhancing conductivity.

NOTE: Two points of interest since this file was posted;

1) DO NOT USE SALT - just use distilled water
2) An ingot of silver cut in half works better than wire

Saline solution can be made by mixing six ounces of distilled
water with one tea-spoon of sea salt in a separate container.

Do not use common table salt as table salt has chemical
additives. After stirring the salt solution, pour some of the
water into an eye dropper bottle.

Now you're ready to make Colloidal Silver. Pour eight ounces
of water into your glass. Add 1 or 2 drops of saline solution
(3 drops at the most; if you use too much salt, you'll be
making silver chloride instead!) to distilled water and stir
with a plastic/non-conductive utensil.

Insert silver electrode wires. Placement of wires is not critical,
but they must not be touching each other or the process will
stop. (You cannot shock yourself in this process so do not be
concerned.)

Attach alligator clips to the ends of the silver electrode
wires coming over the outside rim of the glass and you will
see a grey mist inside the glass start to peel away from the
positive polarity wire while bubbles of hydrogen rise from
the other.

Laboratory tests show that this method creates a silver colloid
of approximately 1 ppm per minute of activation time.

Since you are only taking microscopic particles from the silver
wire, your silver wire may very well last for years.

The brightness of the light bulb is related to the conductivity
of the water. It is not necessarily a problem if the bulb is
very dim or even remains dark as long as the process itself is
occurring. (If the bulb is dark you can always consider adding
one more drop of saline solution next time.) Do not add saline
solution after process has begun.

Of course, when batteries are old, the light will also become
dimmer, signaling it's time for a change. Touch the two alligator
clips together to test the brightness of the bulb as a battery
check. A fresh set of three alkaline batteries should make
several hundred thousand batches of concentrated Silver Colloid.

Also, put a few drops of Silver Colloid in the saline solution
to prevent fungus growth.

When finished, detach alligator clips. Clean silver electrode
wire after each use to remove dark oxide on the anode. Use a
small piece of 1/4" thick nylon kitchen scouring pad to polish
dried silver, then wipe with paper napkin to make ready for
next use.

Store your Colloidal Silver in dark, non-conductive (and if
plastic, non-reactive) containers, like empty hydrogen peroxide
bottles. Keep away from light as even room light will degrade
colloids rapidly by turning solution grey or black just as
exposure to light darkens the silver in camera film. Stir
thoroughly or shake each time before using. Keep cool, but do
not refrigerate

now, just need to know how much and what ppm to use to make the hermie..

Hit me up with the recipe please i love this stuff fuck Amsterdam i'm gone try to fem my own seeds right here in California

I feel I have the ppm but have left the lights on 24/7. I am trying to hermie a blueberry auto. I have been spraying the new growth 2-3 times a day. The plant doesn't have a smell, some of the lower bigger leaves are going yellow and it looks like flowering has slowed down but have no signs of pollen sacks. What am I missing or am I just being impatient.?

I feel I have the ppm but have left the lights on 24/7. I am trying to hermie a blueberry auto. I have been spraying the new growth 2-3 times a day. The plant doesn't have a smell, some of the lower bigger leaves are going yellow and it looks like flowering has slowed down but have no signs of pollen sacks. What am I missing or am I just being impatient.?

This is from the 1st part of this topic

Quote from Cafghanica

"When using Colloidal Silver during the first week of flowering you simply spray your plants during the dark period or while your large lighting is kicked off to make sure you do not get leaf burn. Any time you apply a liquid foilar spray to your plants they should not be under intense light. Do this for about the first 2 - 3 days during the first week of flowering and the plants will produce male flowers on there female flowers leading to Fem seed stock."

Back
Top Bottom