California or Colorado? Where would You move to?

^^^
heh- when I first read that i thought it said "there seems to be no more room in this state for another grass shop"

just moving the car registration to California will set you back ~500$

come to NW Florida and open a glass shop, we need some! sure MJ isn't legal here but glass is! of course it has to be "for tobacco use" though haha but we all know.

And now such a glass shop must show at least 75% of its sales as coming from tobacco products in order to legally carry "glass" thanks to the governor signing that legislation.

I feel sorry for the residents of your state.

And now such a glass shop must show at least 75% of its sales as coming from tobacco products in order to legally carry "glass"
um, I no lawyer, but given the known health issues from tobacco, such a law would seem like a tremendous liability for that state!

Wife and I are getting an rv this fall.... both colorado and cali on the list of places to stay. Will probably settle somewhere in cali especially if the nov vote goes well.

It would make no sense for me to leave a restrictive state (where I am now) only to move to another restrictive state such as Florida. When I read about the new laws in Florida regarding bongs and glassware I wanted to puke and I immediately felt great repulsion towards the idea of living there.

Colorado is the no. 1 destination at this time.

Hell start out in Colo, and if it don't strick your fancy move on over to Ca. ! Theres always room for talent ! They just opened up a new glass store called Dementia here in Santa Barbara, great place nice glass. I've met a few blowers and they do some amazing work. Take that motor home a little bit further and check out the coast ! Unfortunatly I just read where Santa Barbara is going to try to close all but 3 dispensaries within 6 months !! I sure hope we can get a good lawyer to fight these guys !! (city council) they don't seem to mind all the damn bars and liquor stores though !! Come on out the weathers fine !!

Actually my wife and I are planning to move to Cali next year. She had always wanted to live there and we have vacationed there a couple of times and we love it. What I cant stand is all the negative talk about Cali. I know its expensive,polluted,crime-ridden,has gangs and lots of traffic. I know its crowded, has earthquakes and is broke. Doesnt matter. We want to live there and thats that. Now why shouldnt we move there? Lots of major cities are crowded and have finacial problems,crime,traffic,pollution and gangs. I live in a major city now. We have all that, but no beautiful beaches with mountains to the north and beautiful Redwood forests. I plan to buy and drive the Aptera (electric car only available in where; oh yea,Cali!) We have a big house with a pool. Giving it up to move to Cali where we will downsize and try to live better with less stuff. Not to mention the more tolerant attitude toward our favorite hobby with possible legalization on the way!Comments? Specially from Californians? Thanks!

All options are on the table.

There are two reasons that I would also urge one to consider the state of Montana: First, it is sensible enough to realize that when one is on a road that is straight to the point that the curvature of the earth is much more of a factor than any thereotical curves in it, that speed limits are, in fact, rather silly. Secondly, I applaud this great state for recognizing that other states do exist - in other words, if you are a card-carrying medicinal-cannabis user that resides in another state, Montana recognizes both your state's ability to decide this, and your card. Your out-of-state cannabis card is good enough for Montana and it reciprocates (as long as your "quantities" do not go over that which Montana recognizes for medicinal purposes.

Get married in, say, California? No problem - you are still married when you are passing through Montana. Such is provided for. Are you a medicinal cannabis cardholder in California? No problem, you are still a valid medicinal cannabis user while passing through Montana. This, also, is provided for.

And 49 other states could learn a LOT from Montana - the Last Best Place (or, alternatively, the Big Sky Country).

There are two reasons that I would also urge one to consider the state of Montana: First, it is sensible enough to realize that when one is on a road that is straight to the point that the curvature of the earth is much more of a factor than any thereotical curves in it, that speed limits are, in fact, rather silly. Secondly, I applaud this great state for recognizing that other states do exist - in other words, if you are a card-carrying medicinal-cannabis user that resides in another state, Montana recognizes both your state's ability to decide this, and your card. Your out-of-state cannabis card is good enough for Montana and it reciprocates (as long as your "quantities" do not go over that which Montana recognizes for medicinal purposes.

Get married in, say, California? No problem - you are still married when you are passing through Montana. Such is provided for. Are you a medicinal cannabis cardholder in California? No problem, you are still a valid medicinal cannabis user while passing through Montana. This, also, is provided for.

And 49 other states could learn a LOT from Montana - the Last Best Place (or, alternatively, the Big Sky Country).

Very interesting and good to know. Thanks for the info. Making Montana that more appealing by the moment. The other 49 states could definitely learn a thing or two from Montana.

In that case Montana will be seeing some of my vacation dollars this winter. and i will be sure to tell the utah chamber of commerce why I went to Montana instead.

I actually considered Montana before CA and CO. A close friend of mine has connections with he MMJ scene in MT. Because of this, Montana is also High on my list as I would land with some connections there.

So .. again.. all options on the table .. including Rhode Island and Maine as well.

Montana is sounding better all the time.

I've been thinking Oregon or Colorado for me. I've got relatives in Oregon and old friends in the Boulder area. As I qualify under both state's MMJ laws I'm weighing whether to move in a couple of years. I'm tired of being treated like a criminal because I've got epilepsy and MJ does the job.

I've been doing some reading for a relative, and Ohio has some potential, believe it or not.

Carrying of rifles/shotguns are permitted. Open carry of handguns is generally permitted (standard restrictions - government buildings, bars (I believe), businesses where the owner has posted "No Firearms" signs... Concealed carry requires a permit. Often easy to get. If you're a convict, you have to loop the loop to get your gun rights back like most (I assume) states. Not a deal-breaker unless you're... "incorrigible," but a hassle (and like many hassles, it depends on one's ability - and willingness, sort of a DQ for me, lmao - to play the game. In many areas, there seems to be the military thing ("Don't ask, don't tell.") about firearms; they know you've got them - but fair's fair, they've got them too.

Let's see... There are no state laws against women walking around topless (although many local areas have them).

There is a medical cannabis bill floating around - and, although I'd be surprised if it passes, at this exact moment in time... The times, they are a changin', lol (reason I was asked to check on a couple other things for my cousin).

Oh yeah, and the bill makes specific mention of the fact that it isn't cool to say cannabis is legal for medical purposes, grant someone the right to use it, and then let your employer fire you for a positive.

So if it does pass... Well, I'd move too.

But as I mentioned, I don't expect it to fly this year. Maybe the next. Probably more like 3-5 though.

Who knows?

I wouldn't rush right out to contact an Ohio realtor. But I'd keep a hopeful eye focused. The job-protection language alone would be worth a giving up the coastal pad. The state does have: some good rivers/lakes/parks/forests - and no real quakes, forest fires, low tornadoes, still decent hunting/fishing (meh - it's still the 21st century though), and if you're retiring and have bank to spend on land and upkeep, both are (relatively) cheap outside of the few large cities. The Great Lakes. National Trail Raceway. No Hollywood types running the state (into the ground). Ohio University Halloween Block Party. Amish.

Downsides: Job market sucks in several counties. Isn't stellar in most of the others. Still a bunch of grumpy old f*cks that wouldn't let anything as scandalous as a mere fact intrude on their firm beliefs. Ohio University Halloween Block Party (lofl - don't ask). Amish (again, don't ask).

I've visited. I survived.

I've been doing some reading for a relative, and Ohio has some potential, believe it or not.

Carrying of rifles/shotguns are permitted. Open carry of handguns is generally permitted (standard restrictions - government buildings, bars (I believe), businesses where the owner has posted "No Firearms" signs... Concealed carry requires a permit. Often easy to get. If you're a convict, you have to loop the loop to get your gun rights back like most (I assume) states. Not a deal-breaker unless you're... "incorrigible," but a hassle (and like many hassles, it depends on one's ability - and willingness, sort of a DQ for me, lmao - to play the game. In many areas, there seems to be the military thing ("Don't ask, don't tell.") about firearms; they know you've got them - but fair's fair, they've got them too.

Let's see... There are no state laws against women walking around topless (although many local areas have them).

There is a medical cannabis bill floating around - and, although I'd be surprised if it passes, at this exact moment in time... The times, they are a changin', lol (reason I was asked to check on a couple other things for my cousin).

Oh yeah, and the bill makes specific mention of the fact that it isn't cool to say cannabis is legal for medical purposes, grant someone the right to use it, and then let your employer fire you for a positive.

So if it does pass... Well, I'd move too.

But as I mentioned, I don't expect it to fly this year. Maybe the next. Probably more like 3-5 though.

Who knows?

I wouldn't rush right out to contact an Ohio realtor. But I'd keep a hopeful eye focused. The job-protection language alone would be worth a giving up the coastal pad. The state does have: some good rivers/lakes/parks/forests - and no real quakes, forest fires, low tornadoes, still decent hunting/fishing (meh - it's still the 21st century though), and if you're retiring and have bank to spend on land and upkeep, both are (relatively) cheap outside of the few large cities. The Great Lakes. National Trail Raceway. No Hollywood types running the state (into the ground). Ohio University Halloween Block Party. Amish.

Downsides: Job market sucks in several counties. Isn't stellar in most of the others. Still a bunch of grumpy old f*cks that wouldn't let anything as scandalous as a mere fact intrude on their firm beliefs. Ohio University Halloween Block Party (lofl - don't ask). Amish (again, don't ask).

I've visited. I survived.

Some more great information. Thanks for sharing that. I seem to remember Ohio trying to pass a pit bull ban recently. I don't think it passed but that does bother me. I am actually surprised CA hasn't tried it yet.

Back
Top Bottom