Calling all martians

depot didnt have lenses I was looking for... ebay has 3d glasses...

found several small calyx with white and orange hairs... some in the under growth and some at the base of the main stem on a couple plants, on the 4th or 5th internode from bottom... on the one hand this would seem to be a positive sign of flowering, but the tops are not showing yet... so I am worried there is something wrong with my setup...

new growth seems to be 5 finger leaves, a lot of branching and internode stacking, so it appears to be flowering stretch but I am getting worried... plants look great but I dont want them to get too much bigger, I guess I could start training sideways a little... but I am wondering at what point I go to 12/12 so these beauties dont go to waste due to some timing oddness...

running BLB during HPS again today for 3rd day in a row, wondering if I should turn dimmer up full at this point...

also, I've been running 660LED during HPS, maybe I shouldnt be doing this as this is going to slow down the "blue" spectrum even slower than it already is due to it being HPS...

also, I've been running 660LED during HPS, maybe I shouldnt be doing this as this is going to slow down the "blue" spectrum even slower than it already is due to it being HPS...

Yes this is some of the delay right here..660nm as you know is the slowest spectrum.. So ya I say stop the 660 during the HPS on time. Too much red in the over all spectrum IMO.

Changed timers to try and speed this up like you suggested

went from 6/18 to 5/19
turned 660 off during HPS

time sync was off by about 40 seconds, synced them to about 18 sec apart, shouldnt matter too much with 1 min overlaps

checked 660/730 on/off times, everything looks good

replaced blue-ish tint BLB with new one, much more purple-ish, still need 3D specs!

they've been under HPS for only 2 weeks, prior to that they had 1.5 weeks 6/18 PAD with blue LED instead of HPS... and I had my BLB unplugged a few days and dimmer prob a bit too low, so if I think about it like that I dont feel so bad... also took a bunch of cuts last weekend so that could stunt things too... I need a little more patience...

Last run was scrog and in a way super training the plants was fun but I kinda wanted a hands off in regards to training this run... maybe I'll have to tie the girls sideways a bit this go, I think I was battling some sort of anti plant training anxienty, now that I've accepted that I might need to LST these girls, I'm feeling more adventurous...

Orange hairs too early in flowering (from my experience) means a lot of 730nm in the mix OR over shooting the 12/12 flowering target time we are looking for.

these premature looking calyx/hair are in places that dont get a lot of 660 due to shading and a decent amount of 730 due to bulb placement...

i dont think i'm over shooting...

pics from this morning

vert_pf31_left.jpg

vert_pf31_right.jpg

vert_pf31_middle.jpg

vert_pf31_1.jpg

vert_pf31_2.jpg

vert_pf31_3.jpg

Hi, first post here, I am an old led grower from spain, Absolutely amazing work you doing here... Read the manual and lot of food for my mind...
Please continue reporting... and for dogsnova...i Have seen some infrared leds
5 watts in this link...

LED High Power (> 0.5 Watts)

It seems is the led you are looking for

Can i use 625 nm leds fron seoul leds as pad source light instead of 660 ones?

Thanks from spanish pyrenees

Nice link nachoo, But I can't make my own led's.. I need to buy plug and play type of 730nm led's or ones that screw right into regular lighting socket.. I wish I could make my own..Thanks

As far as 625nm, yes they will work.

Let us know if you start a tread...

Hi, first post here, I am an old led grower from spain, Absolutely amazing work you doing here... Read the manual and lot of food for my mind...
Please continue reporting... and for dogsnova...i Have seen some infrared leds
5 watts in this link...

LED High Power (> 0.5 Watts)

It seems is the led you are looking for

Can i use 625 nm leds fron seoul leds as pad source light instead of 660 ones?

Thanks from spanish pyrenees

Hey nachooo, thanks for stopping by... Glad you like the grow, I had a reveg set back a few weeks ago but things are looking good now, just waiting on flowers which should be coming soon... I was just inspired to try this after reading dogsnova, salmayo and various other martian explorers do something different, raubers PAD manual summed up the technique and I decided to jump in...

those LED's look nice... I have seen forums where people talk about building their own, altho I think 5w LED run pretty hot!

dog, I checked out the spread of the black lights. They throw enough visible light on the panda film so I can see where the edges of the light shades allow light. If I position myself in the canopy from most spots within the plants I can see several bulb filaments even tho they arent focused on that spot.

I was concerned the 4 lower middle plants werent getting enough BLB because of how the BLB are positioned on the outside of the plant coliseum so I added a 5th BLB in the middle above the HPS which should help spread the 730 out more... I will look into building some pie tin reflectors so the light isnt so focused from the ones I am using now, but these seem to mostly be directing light emitted backwards and to the sides of the filaments so I dont think they are stealing light from the outer regions so much as they are getting extra where its being directed, well now the 5th light on a seperate dimmer is giving it all extra... :rollit:

I'll post some pics tomorrow...

Thank for your reply Dogsnova, As i have little space and i dont like to plant more than for my personal use , I cant experiment as i want, cause i need to be sure that i have the quantity need for my use... But as i have some leds more... i have planed this:

I am gona make a little flowering rauber space, only for a little plant, a short variety in a little pot that will grew only in a squeare foot of space, so i wont need a big system, only about 24 wats red leds, and 12 watts cree cool white leds as red and blue sources, and im gonna buy and mount 2 leds 5watts of far red, to star to find the rauber formula to my favourite strain. I think is better to investigate myself with a very little setup as this one.

Sorry about my english

Nacho

Also , I want to know, how this method can be used to make the plants more compact and shorter if possible, If you can elaborate a little on this subject...
Thanks again

Also , I want to know, how this method can be used to make the plants more compact and shorter if possible, If you can elaborate a little on this subject...
Thanks again

I think because plants stretch more in the dark as they search for the light, in PAD there is no dark, only blue, red and far red, altho too much far red during early flower will apparently cause some extra stretch... so plant is more compact, I'd imagine "Synthesis Potential" might have something to do with it also...????

I have some rooted clones I will be starting them on simple rauber soon, currently they are under 90w blue LED, going to add some red party cfl soon...

Dog, can I start simple rauber when they are rooted but before roots have come out the bottom and they're transplanted into containers?

Here are girls from this morning, I turned HPS up to 750w 5 days ago and then 1000w 2 days ago... they sure seem to like the extra light energy.

vert_pf35_left.jpg

vert_pf35_right.jpg

vert_pf35_1.jpg

vert_pf35_2.jpg

Dog, can I start simple rauber when they are rooted but before roots have come out the bottom and they're transplanted into containers?

I think you can root using rauber's simple as well as veg.. Make sure to post some pic's of your (R simple) setup...

Those girls should pop any day now....:loopy:

i sure hope so... as i mentioned in pm, i think my black lights are polluting with some blue wavelength, i got some blue cellophane and folded it over several times, looking thru it I cant see any light when looking at red party cfl or red led, but I see a little light from black lights so they might be a problem... i was going to check out a black light bulb sold at pet store instead of this one from hardware store to see if it was any different... but it might be time for 12/12 I think I can wait 2 more days for hairs to pop...

in any case i also need to get some stakes and start LSTing these girls sideways a bit...

here are some pics of my very simple, simple rauber set up

some scrappy looking clones from my girls and 5 different new strains I picked up locally, some nice ones in there!!! ;)

sr1_blue1.jpg

sr1_blue2.jpg

I lowered the blue UFO to about the height of my red party arrays after taking these pics

sr1_red1.jpg

sr1_red2.jpg

Hi again from Spain...
Regarding the issue of compact red party cfls...
I have seen two kinds of this bulbs in my country, one is the twisted one that appears in the pics above..it gives a red-orange color..this bulb has the twisted glass painted.
The other one that i think is from a french factory (label is in french) and the code product is EC215RE, this cfl is 15 watts and has a tipical compact cfl rectangular shape.This last bulb is more common here, but it gives a differnt light althought it says red light in its label, It gives a red light, but with some purple in it, more blueish to understand better...This bulb has a white glass, not coated... So i think that in some way the phosphor formulation here doesnt need a coated glass cause it gives better light lets say..internally... but..there is aproblem with the blueish issue...Anyway the light that gives i think will be good to make clones or use it as veg light cause the balance between red and blue in it seems to my eyes a good spectrum to grow. link to the product
MD-TRADING - Eclairage à économie d'énergie
As you see in the link there are black light cfls on sale too, as nobody speaks about them here, I assume that they dont give any far red light, and this feature occurs only if the bulb is incandescent..am i all right?
Just my two cents..

Sorry about my english again

Nacho

Back
Top Bottom