Can anyone help identify what’s wrong?

Choppedcheese

420 Member
Hey guys,
This is my first grow and I’m growing in coco/perlite .
I’m using Dr. MJ coco’s guide.
She popped on the 11th and I have been using 18/6 lighting.
I have a Marshydro tsw2000 light.
I’ve been watering with low EC ph’d Tap water due to some Nutrient Burn I noticed. I’m going to pot up to a 1 gallon fabric pot. Is there anything I can do about the discoloration of the the bottom leaves?
I am going to start feeding her Nutes today based on Dr. Coco’s guide and I’m using the GH trio, Diamond nectar, armor-si, and flora blend.

Attachments

• B3F43E52-D82C-4FB6-9E53-778DC2730632.jpeg
    B3F43E52-D82C-4FB6-9E53-778DC2730632.jpeg
    579.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 54558FC8-7784-45B4-9760-E7A96EB54BED.jpeg
    54558FC8-7784-45B4-9760-E7A96EB54BED.jpeg
    684.9 KB · Views: 98
  • 65543500-3B48-442C-904A-8EA4A6111859.jpeg
    65543500-3B48-442C-904A-8EA4A6111859.jpeg
    589.3 KB · Views: 97
  • A39953F2-9FB6-400F-9ADA-60FDE983C11E.jpeg
    A39953F2-9FB6-400F-9ADA-60FDE983C11E.jpeg
    509 KB · Views: 97
Hey guys,
This is my first grow and I’m growing in coco/perlite .
I’m using Dr. MJ coco’s guide.
She popped on the 11th and I have been using 18/6 lighting.
I have a Marshydro tsw2000 light.
I’ve been watering with low EC ph’d Tap water due to some Nutrient Burn I noticed. I’m going to pot up to a 1 gallon fabric pot. Is there anything I can do about the discoloration of the the bottom leaves?
I am going to start feeding her Nutes today based on Dr. Coco’s guide and I’m using the GH trio, Diamond nectar, armor-si, and flora blend.
From the photos, I don’t know if there’s anything drastically wrong though she does look perhaps a bit yellow, which the nutes would fix.

Not to be a dick but I feel like I’m missing something about growing in coco and perlite and stuff — what is the point of this? It seems like every other post with a problematic seedling states they’re growing in coco.

I stick to a decent soil mix from the grow shop and have had decent results without trying to complicate things.

Are you talking about the cotyledons? (seed leaves)
When they shrivel up like that, it means it's time to start feeding the plant.
I don't see anything wrong with the rest of the plant- at least nothing serious enough to worry about.

From the photos, I don’t know if there’s anything drastically wrong though she does look perhaps a bit yellow, which the nutes would fix.

Not to be a dick but I feel like I’m missing something about growing in coco and perlite and stuff — what is the point of this? It seems like every other post with a problematic seedling states they’re growing in coco.

I stick to a decent soil mix from the grow shop and have had decent results without trying to complicate things.
Yea, I’m growing indoors and I can definitely see how using another method would be less challenging. I am understanding how important PH/EC and checking the runoff is. I’m always open to trying another method if this one proves to be too challenging.

Yea, I’m growing indoors and I can definitely see how using another method would be less challenging. I am understanding how important PH/EC and checking the runoff is. I’m always open to trying another method if this one proves to be too challenging.
Use a media that is well buffered. Pro Mix, Sunshine Mix No. 4, Fox Farm come to mind.

I literally never check my ph in anything with soil and haven’t had problems. Of course I usually plant them outdoors eventually so it’s not a fair comparison perhaps. Next time just try growing in soil, I have a feeling it will be less of a hassle.

Back
Top Bottom