Can I grow two autos with dry amendments in a 30 litre fabric bed?

H1gherD1mensionz

So I'm about to start my 4th grow and I want to move away from Biobizz nutes and go for dry amendments. I like the idea of the plant and microbes being in control of feeding versus force feeding soluble nutrients and measuring things like I'm in a lab. I also refuse to buy another pH pen.

Can I grow two autos in this pot? It should hold around 30L of soil. I was thinking of using Biobizz lightmix soil with Dr. Forest 4-4-4 and 2-8-4 amendments, worm castings and whatever else. I'm aware that with dry amendments you want a larger soil mass but my space is limited to my wardrobe in a 60x40x120cm tent.

1641112916400.png

Never had much luck growing two ladies in one pot/planter.
One always took over the space roots and size wise.
Guess its just a case of timing and keeping them as close growth wise as poss.
And trimming when needed.
Seen some great results outside in real large planters nothing that small.
Would also say dry amendments would be fine.
Seen more than a few on here use for in door grows one pot per plant.
Thought about some type of divider? in the middle.
;)

One always took over the space roots and size wise

This was one of the worries. Perhaps I could put a thin piece of wood to divide and potentially boost the fungi at the same time?

The reason I'm thinking of the fabric bed pot is because people say dry amendments won't work well in a small pot such as the 11L fabric pot that I'm using currently. If that size is fine for dry amendments then I'm happy to do them individually, however I figured a larger soil mass (10L more) compared to doing them solo, would be better for the microbes and soil.

I recognize you are prolly “across the pond” from USA but our sponsor & nute maker Geoflora makes an Organic Dry Mix all in one fert that gets mixed into the soil by measure as you fill your pots, then every 2 weeks you add as top dress and water in…. GF is totally organic right out of the bag simply add dirt, water and your fave beans

while not an expert I’ve used the GF mentioned above and read a lot of their content here at 420. As far as I know dry mix nutrients should work fine in any size container although it might be wise to mix the amendment into the soil and water them in to allow the microbes to begin working a week or two before dropping beans….

imho…. yes - use the divider to keep roots seperated

@013 Yes I'm in the UK and thank you for the help, I think I will keep it simple and use my 11L pots with dry amendments then. Perhaps I'll experiment with the two autos one pot on the next grow once I've learned more about dry amendment style.

@Reave My tent is an awkward 60x40x120cm which fortunately fits perfect into my wardrobe. I'm quite limited on space.

oh nice you are doing a pretty compact grow. You could just do one plant in there if you wanted. I put 4 in mine had to cut one down because two of the other girls took all the light. The 3rd one I hacked most off of because there was no room at the canopy for more of her so two would have been lots for my tent. But if you just flower them right away and train them short you should be good to go. Sounds like a fun grow. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom