AC Infinity 120mm PC fan for air circulation
2 80mm PC fans to create upward draft
500ml ultrasonic humidifier
5ltr fabric pot
BioBizz All-Mix organic soil
BioBizz Root Juice, Acti-Vera, Grow, Bloom, Top-Max, coconut water
Apple cidar vinegar to pH
1 Gelato Auto from Fast Buds

Hello everyone! This will be my second ever grow and we're finally able to get going after some mishaps with a failed germination of a Buddha Haze Auto seed. Next up is a Gelato Auto from Fast Buds. I'll be following the BioBizz nutrient schedule at 1/2 strength.

IMG_20210402_114218561_HDR.jpg

I germinated using paper towel method, opting for lemon juice over apple cidar vinegar to pH the water from 8.7 to 6.5. It took about 3 days for a 1cm radicle to emerge and I planted it into the soil off-centre to aid later LST efforts. I cut a water bottle for a humidity dome which kept the rH at 80-95%. She took about 2 days to pop out of the soil and is looking a little strange as the seedling has not stood up yet and one of the cotyledons is tiny.

Day 1
IMG_20210401_094802872.jpg

I have the light on the lowest setting which read 170 PPFD using my phone app so I increased the light by about 5% bringing it to around 300 PPFD thinking the seed may need some more encouraging light. However I'm trying to keep it low as possible since light intensity may have been a factor in stunting my first grow. I've yet to start the day/night cycle and will wait until it warms up a little as the outside is cold today.

Day 2
IMG_20210402_114447629_HDR.jpg

I'm a bit worried about how this seedling is starting but we'll see how it goes!

I welcome all assistance and suggestions for a successful grow :thumb:

30 x 30 x 70 cm grow tent
95W dimmable full spectrum+IR LED board
18/6 light cycle
Passive intake
Arctic P-12 static pressure PC fan exhausting through a 200mm carbon filter
5ltr fabric pot

Hello everyone! This will be my second ever grow and we're finally able to get going after some mishaps with a failed germination of a Buddha Haze Auto seed. Next up is a Gelato Auto from Fast Buds.

I germinated using paper towel method, opting for lemon juice over apple cidar vinegar to pH the water from 8.7 to 6.5. It took about 3 days for a 1cm radicle to emerge and I planted it into the soil off-centre to aid later LST efforts. I cut a water bottle for a humidity dome which kept the rH at 80-95%. She took about 2 days to pop out of the soil and is looking a little strange as the seedling has not stood up yet and one of the cotyledons is tiny.

Day 1

I have the light on the lowest setting which read 170 PPFD using my phone app so I increased the light by about 5% bringing it to around 300 PPFD thinking the seed may need some more encouraging light. However I'm trying to keep it low as possible since light intensity may have been a factor in stunting my first grow. I've yet to start the day/night cycle and will wait until it warms up a little as the outside is cold today.

Day 2

I'm a bit worried about how this seedling is starting but we'll see how it goes!

Sounds good. I'll follow along.

30 x 30 x 70 cm grow tent
95W dimmable full spectrum+IR LED board
18/6 light cycle
Passive intake
Arctic P-12 static pressure PC fan exhausting through a 200mm carbon filter
5ltr fabric pot

Hello everyone! This will be my second ever grow and we're finally able to get going after some mishaps with a failed germination of a Buddha Haze Auto seed. Next up is a Gelato Auto from Fast Buds. I'll be following the BioBizz nutrient schedule.

Day 1

Day 2

Recently I had a sprout with only 1 cotyledon but she did fine

Day 3! As you can see we do indeed have a deformed seedling. It almost looks as if it got stuck in the shell and squeezed it's way out in a bad position. I would like to stick my light into the timer but the outside temps are 7C and without the light tent temps will drop below 20C which might shock the seedling. I'm thinking to keep the light on 24/7 until the first leaves are formed.

IMG_20210403_080722432_HDR.jpg

I would just jump in at the end
Your description of the phone repair shop was hilarious :laughtwo:

Day 4

IMG_20210404_193458748.jpg

Day 5

IMG_20210405_101941569.jpg

Temps in the tent are stable enough for me to let the 18/6 light cycle begin as I was using the 24hr light for heat to keep things warm enough. Now I'm just wondering what in the Frisian Duck is going on with this seedling here :reading420magazine:

Day 6

IMG_20210407_100743407.jpg

Day 7

IMG_20210407_105556181_HDR.jpg

A week has passed and the seedling has started growing the second pair of leaves, the new growth is still coming out somewhat sideways. I'll be starting the watering/feeding schedule very lightly. I'm also making sure to heat up the water to avoid root shock. I simply place the mixing container in a bowl of hot water.

Week 1 - Plant height 3cm. Temp 20-24C, rH 80-65%, fans low.

First feed:
100ml water, 0.2ml biobizz root juice, 0.1ml biobizz acti-vera, 0.3ml apple cidar vinegar to pH 6.3, ppm 270, 26C.

Day 6

IMG_20210407_100743407.jpg

Day 7

IMG_20210407_105556181_HDR.jpg

A week has passed and the seedling has started growing the second pair of leaves, the new growth is still coming out somewhat sideways. I'll be starting the watering/feeding schedule very lightly. I'm also making sure to heat up the water to avoid root shock. I simply place the mixing container in a bowl of hot water.

Week 1 - Plant height 3cm. Temp 20-24C, rH 80-65%, fans low.

First feed:
100ml water, 0.2ml biobizz root juice, 0.1ml biobizz acti-vera, 0.3ml apple cidar vinegar to pH 6.3, ppm 270, 26C.
Yeah my girl started slow but after the 1st set of leaves she was normal and doing well

I'm in. Mutants sometimes turn out to be the best. Fingers crossed as being an auto the first few weeks are more critical than with a photo.
Great to see you here @VetSmoke85 :yahoo: I definitely manifested this upon my self because prior to this I went on a binge looking into mutations and weird strains like Freakshow lmao... and this run I'm definitely making sure to be very gentle.

Day 8!

The outside temps are really cold and the temps inside the tent are maintaining 20C to my pleasure. She seems to have received the first feeding well without any issues. It is also to my discovery that we have springtails living in the medium, specifically Folsomia candida. I'll be keeping an eye on them as while generally harmless, I know springtails can chew on soft roots and seedlings. I do have predatory mites in a terrarium ready for deployment should they act up though. However I am very interested in the idea of no-till living soil and a real mini ecosystem but I don't know how far that could go in this micro environment.

IMG_20210408_101004260_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210408_101234451_HDR.jpg

It looks like the veins all merge into a single point which stops the leaf formation.

Great to see you here @VetSmoke85 :yahoo: I definitely manifested this upon my self because prior to this I went on a binge looking into mutations and weird strains like Freakshow lmao... and this run I'm definitely making sure to be very gentle.
Hopefully she's in no rush to start flowering. Will be interesting to see what she does.

Back
Top Bottom