Can I keep seedlings in direct sunlight in the first week?

Phillybonker

Although this is not my first grow it will be the first time I've germinated myself. I'll be germinating outdoors in the bush.

So I was wondering if it is okay to germinate in direct sunlight and leave the seedlings in direct sunlight or is it better to germinate in the shade and keep them out of direct sunlight for the first few days?

They will make use of the direct sunshine. Once they get their root system growing they can really take off.

But that same direct sunlight can cause the water to evaporate quicker from whatever the medium the roots are in. Gotta watch the moisture but since it is your early spring it should not be a major issue like it would be in mid summer.

They will make use of the direct sunshine. Once they get their root system growing they can really take off.

But that same direct sunlight can cause the water to evaporate quicker from whatever the medium the roots are in. Gotta watch the moisture but since it is your early spring it should not be a major issue like it would be in mid summer.
I'll be germinating out in the bush in plastic storage containers and since I can't be around all the time the seedlings will have a self watering system and can pull water when ever they need it.

Back
Top Bottom