Can I mix Monterey garden insect spray with my foliar nutrient?

IMO, No. They serve different purposes, and if the bug spray is not rated for edibles, you are adding toxins to your crop.

The bug spray will clog the stoma of the leaves, preventing the nutes from entering.

Plus, certain harmless chemicals, if mixed, will become toxic to both the plant and to the humans consuming the harvest.

I'm still in veg if that makes a difference

it really doesn't when it comes to crops/harvests that are ingested or smoked by humans. Most insecticides are systemic,which means they become part of the plant's chemistry. The goal is to choose a pesticide that is safe "up to day of harvest" to be totally toxin-free. I use two formuale: Neem oil diluted to bottle specifications, and a homemade spray made of dish soap and cooking oil, also diluted in a gallon of water. I alternate the mite treatments to keep the bugs from getting used to them. And late in flower, I use the soap-oil mixture exclusively.

A day or two before harvest I spray the buds liberally with clear water, and do a clear-water flush to get rid of any nasty-tasting residue from both the fertilizers and the mite treatments.

A day or two before harvest I spray the buds liberally with clear water, and do a clear-water flush to get rid of any nasty-tasting residue from both the fertilizers and the mite treatments.

I agree with AK. Foliar application of any type is risky. I take a lot of care when doing so to do it during lights off period, with lots of air moving around, and I follow the instructions on the bottle to the letter. If it doesn't say on the label that it can be mixed with other chemicals, I don't do it. Dosage is important too. Easy to do too much.

But, what I wanted to suggest to AK and others is ... consider bud washing. I did it for the first time for my last harvest. Man - what a difference. It makes the bud taste SO much better. No reduction in any of the good qualities of this amazing fruit.

~ Auggie ~

Back
Top Bottom