Can I still add Nutes?

John Dope

Hey guys 'n gals,

On October 28th, two Trainwreck seeds were planted. I have been using just standard potting soil (will switch to FFOF or COCO) and watering with bottled water. The plants are outside (only about 8hrs of sunlight a day) just waiting to finish this box (will be done this weekend). My question is, since the plants are already almost a month old and I have not introdcued any nutes, how can I safely add nutes at this point? Thanks!!

- Johnny

No signs of yellow leaves or purple stems or any real sign of trauma. I know they are not in optimal conditions and soon will be in a proper home. So if I use 1/4 strength to start and gradually increase based on growth rate and health I should be ok? How long do I give them the 1/4 strength? How will I know to increase? I know that there are tons of feeding schedules around but how would I follow it correctly if I am already almost a month into growth? (outside under natural sun)

No, they are not flowering. They are only a month old counting from when the seed was first planted.No pics yet, just curious about the nutrients question I asked earlier. Can anyone answer it for me?

Yes John, you can start adding nutes... 1/4 to 1/2 strength is a good starting point... :bongrip:

If they are only 1 month old, I'd suggest 1/4 strength for a couple of weeks then 1/2 strength for a couple of weeks and then work from there.

Being a little hungry won't hurt them and don't be in a hurry to try and get to full strength. Give the plant time to react to the nutes before any increase.

One overfeed/nute burn will set you back way more than any underfeeding will.

DD

Don't be surprised if they look a little sick after you move them inside. It will take some time to get acclimated to their new home. 1/4 strength the first go and watch them for any signs of burn. If they like it gradually increase each feeding cycle.

Thank you so much gentlemen. They will be going into a new home tomorrow! I'll keep you all posted and hopefully get a picture up. Thanks again!

- Johnny

Back
Top Bottom