Can I use leaves from the bush to make mulch?

Phillybonker

I want to grow in the bush, deep in the bush, growing in the ground, not containers. And I was thinking that to save money buying mulch and carrying it into the bush, I could just use leaves in the surrounding bush and spread the leaves around my plants to "make mulch". Do you think that would be good enough for organic mulch? The idea here is water retention because I can only water my plants once a week.

There’s a lot of tannins in leaves and it’s a strong chemical. It will burn skin and make you itch, tannin is also used to cure animal hides for leather. The point is..... start mulching the leaves now pile them up and mix in some dirt and water them in so they will begin to break down, lose the tannins and be biologically available to your plants
The leaves aren't for nutrients for the plants, the leaves are to add water retention.

precisely but a loose pile of leaves will not retain a fraction of the water as compressed and mulched leaves will plus the natural mycos that will grow in the mulch after it breaks down.
Time is not on my side. Will mulching bark do? It's cheap in my country. It's natural bark.

Back
Top Bottom