Can you keep a cannabis plant as a house plant?

Would help to know what country u r in
If legal to grow u could have house plant
Could Get real big depending on the strain
I have grown in a bedroom away from the window but still had good light no one ouside coudl see it
Took a long time to flower into the fall here north of the 49th parallel
Good luck !

If u keep the light at least 16 hours per day u could keep it forever
Like mother plants you can keep them for years and take cuttings to make clones and grow to flower by switching to 12 12 light on and off

I do. I call them mothers. Cheers!

Yeppers you can. As long as there is enough light it will keep growing. Finding the right feeding program may take some time. You want it well fed but not growing fast. That could be tough. With new LED lights and legal places to do it. Marijuana house plants are quite doable.

Plants do a lot of their stretching in darkness. It might be best to give a plant more than 16 hrs just to keep it from flowering. As weird as it sounds more light might be better. Up it to 20 or 24 hrs and it might help.
When you do the re-pots don't go very much bigger each time or you may end up with to big of a pot fast. Even with trimming the roots back a slightly larger pot will help for plant health. Hopefully you can get a year or 2 with one. Sooner or later it will get to big. Time it right and you can move it outside and harvest a tree.

Plants do a lot of their stretching in darkness. It might be best to give a plant more than 16 hrs just to keep it from flowering. As weird as it sounds more light might be better. Up it to 20 or 24 hrs and it might help.
When you do the re-pots don't go very much bigger each time or you may end up with to big of a pot fast. Even with trimming the roots back a slightly larger pot will help for plant health. Hopefully you can get a year or 2 with one. Sooner or later it will get to big. Time it right and you can move it outside and harvest a tree.

I was actually thinking about growing a male plant as a house plant. Seems silly to waste a female plant as a decorative piece

That is a great use for a male. I have regenerated a male plant and kept it in veg before. While it didn't make buds it still produce male flowers and released small amounts of pollen. Something to be aware of if you have females around. Still doable in some cases.

Find a great male and you would be able to clone and bred it when needed LMAO.

That is a great use for a male. I have regenerated a male plant and kept it in veg before. While it didn't make buds it still produce male flowers and released small amounts of pollen. Something to be aware of if you have females around. Still doable in some cases.

Find a great male and you would be able to clone and bred it when needed LMAO.

My females will be outside in the garden so I’m not too worried about pollination. I think keeping one as a display piece is a nice way to celebrate legalisation

Back
Top Bottom