Cannabis Strain ID Thread

Agree some plants can be told easier when in flowering mode yet alot can be told strain in the veg stage. Here's one of my personal favorites called Church. The edges of the leaves always roll upward. This is the 6th generation I've grown of this stock in the last 2 years.
Church.JPG

And who can't tell the deep big broad deep deep green leaves of the Skunk Plant
Skunk_Hydro.JPG

Ofcourse alot I have no way of knowing till I see the flowers. It's alot harder to tell when in veg stage, but they all have traits you use to make your overall guess. I really have little faith as I've said over and over in a name. To me there are 3 kinds of weed. Best weed, good weed, and bad weed. Every single plants falls in line somewhere between the first and last. Just my thought.

I have a suggestion, Mr Bates it might be best if we don't use the HPS as a lite. ust a thought, but it's sure a confusing lite to take a pic by. Nice plant tho. Makes it alot easier to tell diff when you use a flash or MH bulb wood'nt you agree?

Oh yeah NorCal I can agree with you on that, I just liked that as a trich shot. Here is a similar one taken with the flash. One thing to note is how the undergrowth is green but the leaves directly exposed to hps are bluing.

SDC103341.JPG

BTW that is a beautiful Master Kush plant, how long does that usually take to flower?

TB...this is a really cool concept. We have five plants growing right now...two white widows and three ??? plants from the free seeds Nirvana sent with the order. I am interested in what they are and one definitely seems like a skunk variant...the other two..I don't have a clue. Here is a pick of the one I think is a skunk. Any thoughts from the peanut gallery?

DSC001903.JPG

Daisy....some kind of skunk (I think)

All these strains were started at the same time and are being fed the same nuterien's while thay are vegging
rsz_2-8_week_4_bubelicious.jpg

This is bubblelious by nirvana,the leaves are more broader at the middle,to me this say's that this girl is more of an indica dom strain.

rsz_2-8_week_4_wd.jpg

Here we have white deisel by white label seed's,this hybred is more of an even mix of sativa and indica genetic's.

rsz_2-8_week_4_csk.jpg

This strain is citrus skunk from finest medical seed's,this strain leans to the sativa side of thing's.The finger's on the leaves are more narrower but not the pencil thin finger's on the leaves of a pure sativa strain

rsz_2-8_week_4_bk.jpg

last we have bubba kush from greenhouse seed's,this cross of two indica's gave me a plant with leave's that are almost round.

Keep the pic's and info coming folk's

Here are the same plant's today 2/15/10
rsz_week_5_009bub.jpg

This is the bubblelious and it is the best plant in my garden right now

rsz_week_5_005wd.jpg

The white deisel,I really hope this has the flavor of the sour deisel side if it genetic make up

rsz_week_5_011csk.jpg

Now we have the citrus skunk,and it is really starting to look more like a sativa dom in it leave's and in the way it is starting to strech

rsz_week_5_007bk.jpg

The bubba kush is looking so good to me

Another shot of Daisy...our suspected skunk variant. She is the only plant we have out of five that has the very distinctive skunky smell. Pretty dang strong too. Hard to tell, but she has some very large fan leaves and a squatty growth habit. FWIW.

DSC002071.JPG

I like this thread

Skunk for sure you can't help but see that, sweet looking plant hope your going to keep the strain going. I got that one skunk going talk about sun leaves wow. I took this pic but by now they are alot bigger.
Skunk-1.JPG

Maybe 70% indo 30% sativa. looks alittle like a White Rino I got going but man, names on weed. Like I always say, bad weed, good weed, and the kind.............. Looks heathy, alittle curl to the tips might help someone make a guess? Man its hard to ever guess. Their are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many names. Hell Theres a new one on the market as of a week ago. it's called W/W or Wood's White. I crossed kush with KC white. It's going coast to coast soon. I just hope it stands up to it's name. What is if bagseed you gotten somewhere? Hey one thing, any weed can be grown to produce great smoke. I rememeber growing that old 10$ a lid shit into good sensie. Opps 10$ kind of a tell of my age. hell I use to get Columbian Gold for 30$ and great 7 gram sticks for 15$. Man GL trying to figgure what you got, just give it plenty of lite, food,and time. It well reward you a 10 fold.

Daisy is for sure a skunker somewhere. Rememember where skunk got started. Some of this that and the other. Suppose to be Mexican Sativa, Columbian Gold Sativa, and Acapulco Gold Afghani Indica cross. Don't ask me where those FAT ASS leaves come from, but Skunk, seems to grow in veg stage like a true Indo. But the 'stretch' is 100% sativa. Maybe it will help.

FOR THE RECORD -
I raised Satori by Mandala and have been smoking the dried, cured buds for a couple months now?
I have gone off Trazadone (insomnia), Welbutrin, and Lexapro (depression), and Pulmacort (asthma). But i still take Omeprazole for acid reflux.
I have a relaxed happy mood with great creative thinking about jobs i want to do and things i want to research. I have had insights into daily activities like organizing - how to do things differently and better, besides. Organizing things as well as thoughts! Very good for conversations.
I am pleased with this plant and would grow it again in a heartbeat! Definitely has a place in my medicine cabinet.

Back
Top Bottom