Can't find a suitable tent

rumplestiltskin

Hey,

So i'm using a cupboard I have currently, and the tent I have is going to reduce the potential for my plants.

The measurements are:

93.98cm x
99.06cm x
H = 147cm

Which is roughly a 3ftx3ft space.

Now I can find a tent that is 140CM height, but then the highest widths are 60CM I can find when I could have a 90x90x140. CM.

So I'd have the perfect height tent, but then it wouldn't be big enough length/width way, so less room for growth!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Did you try typing 3x3 grow tents? Because a few pop up when I do.

Yeah, but can't seem to get a good match. I can get the perfect height but then the widths/length is tiny compared to the space. I'm even thinking of not using a tent, not ideal though as its a cupboard and don't want leakage of smells, even when using a carbon filter.

Closest I can find is the Gorilla 3x3 Shorty. It's ~90cmx90cmx149cm.

You really only have 147cm in height? That's going to be a bit of a challenge, but possible with the right setup. You'll have to train plant(s) low, then flip when they are spread out about 50% of the space and eat up most of the stretch in the horizontal before letting them go vertical in growth.

I'm even thinking of not using a tent, not ideal though as its a cupboard and don't want leakage of smells, even when using a carbon filter.

So seal the leaks and maintain a decent negative pressure in your cabinet. That's how people ensure that the scent of cannabis doesn't permeate their home when gardening in a grow tent - they ensure that any air leaving it must pass through the carbon filter instead of the passive intake vents and any random gaps around the seams and such. It's not like the things are airtight, lol.

Plus, if you properly prep/prime/paint the interior walls of your cabinet with the brightest white paint, it'll probably have higher light-reflectivity than the average grow tent, anyway. Use a flat finish for maximum light diffusion(?), but if you want to be able to clean the walls, go with something like an eggshell finish. It won't be shiny like a gloss or semi-gloss, and has good durability (and can be cleaned). As far as that goes, it's a cabinet - paint the ceiling and floor, too. Won't help a great deal, but every little bit helps when you're trying to make sure that the only things that absorb photons in your grow space... are your plants.

Besides, placing a container inside another container, and then heating the innermost one (lights produce heat) is probably asking for a headache. That's a thing that people who stick grow tents into small closets sometimes end up learning the hard way.

Panda film is what I used. I have an 8X10 foot room, and a 3 walled, 5'X5' tent from near the ceiling down against a wall. I have a 4'X4' SCROG in my tent. I have full access on 3 sides. 2 sides of the tent are hung 3/4" below the ceiling so convection takes the heat out the top.

Back
Top Bottom