CBD Joy: A Community Garden Experience

Fantastic thread. I just started my first grow today. It includes Candida (ACDC x Harlequin) and Blue Dream CBD 1:1

Nice picks Garden Gnome. :welcome: to the community grow.

I've subb'd in and love reading about everyone's experience. My brain thinks....CBD stands for CAN BE DONE! lol ;)

6 CBDream Clones

IMG_9881a.jpg

So glad to have you join us G2HM. :hug: :love: This is turning out to be my busiest garden yet. :laughtwo: :oops: That reminds me I have a post over at the DDA grow. You two make yourselves at home.

:ciao:

old fart here, wtf is sub/ and or subb'd??

You can't possibly be as old a fart as I am. :laughtwo: When you post a comment on a thread you're officially subscribed to that thread, unless you choose to unsubscribe, an option available with each thread on the Settings page. We call it "subbing" or "subbed", or some variation of this.

So I'm really excited at how quickly one of my seeds opened up. Out of the three in my grow, Blue Dream CBD is the first to say hello. :)

IMG_364217.jpg

Fantastic thread. I just started my first grow today. It includes Candida (ACDC x Harlequin) and Blue Dream CBD 1:1
I have a Candida that's about 5 days old.... excited to compare our two grows
I'm a big fan of ACDC. So can't wait for this one to rock and roll
I have 6 plants in flower tent and will start more CBD strains when they are done

I have a Candida that's about 5 days old.... excited to compare our two grows
I'm a big fan of ACDC. So can't wait for this one to rock and roll
I have 6 plants in flower tent and will start more CBD strains when they are done

I'll be watching yours for sure. :thumb: I knew I had to try Candida because of its genetics.

Are there different strains with the same name?

Most definitely. The breeding pool is thoroughly polluted and you never really know what you're getting sometimes. :laughtwo: Look at profiles to decide the choice if it's one you don't recognize or suspect is a copy with another name.

Interesting note: listening to experts talk at the health summit last weekend we learned that the majority of what's being sold in California as Jack Herer is not, in fact Jack Herer.

Most definitely. The breeding pool is thoroughly polluted and you never really know what you're getting sometimes. :laughtwo: Look at profiles to decide the choice if it's one you don't recognize or suspect is a copy with another name.

I am hoping that the profile CK displays on CB Dutch Treat is close to accurate​. I've read conflicting info from other sources that use the same name 'Dutch Treat'.

I am hoping that the profile CK displays on CB Dutch Treat is close to accurate​. I've read conflicting info from other sources that use the same name 'Dutch Treat'.

I believe Dutch Treat is a high-THC photo strain. This is the CBD Dutch Dream.

CBDutch treat is available from CKS as a photoperiod type. they also have a high CBD auto or two, don't know what they call it.
Have a couple blue dream autos that look happy, like blue dream so growing in photo also. Thanks SweetSue, I thought I was missing
out on some kinda new growing technique or method of getting blasted.

CBDutch treat is available from CKS as a photoperiod type. they also have a high CBD auto or two, don't know what they call it.
Have a couple blue dream autos that look happy, like blue dream so growing in photo also. Thanks SweetSue, I thought I was missing
out on some kinda new growing technique or method of getting blasted.

Well, we do have some good methods for getting blasted that you may have missed out on. :laughtwo: For one, turn your plant into oil on the day you harvest, making a kick-your-ass oil that retains a large portion of the terpenes and other "minor" components.

Or, dry your buds in the refrigerator - frost-free at 39 degrees F and 35% RH for at least two weeks. This retains not only the terpene profile almost completely intact, but the flavonoids as well. The best high you'll get from straight up flowers.

If you've a woman in your life and she's inhaling try decarbing the buds in advance - 230 degrees F for 110 minutes - and she'll be appreciative. This doesn't have the same effect on men, but if you decarb the bud this long and make it into an edible it hits much harder, deeper and carries longer than buds decarbed the standard ways.

I probably have a few more gems tucked in the noggin, but that'll do for now. Have fun with it. :laughtwo:

Well, we do have some good methods for getting blasted that you may have missed out on. :laughtwo: For one, turn your plant into oil on the day you harvest, making a kick-your-ass oil that retains a large portion of the terpenes and other "minor" components.

Or, dry your buds in the refrigerator - frost-free at 39 degrees F and 35% RH for at least two weeks. This retains not only the terpene profile almost completely intact, but the flavonoids as well. The best high you'll get from straight up flowers.

If you've a woman in your life and she's inhaling try decarbing the buds in advance - 230 degrees F for 110 minutes - and she'll be appreciative. This doesn't have the same effect on men, but if you decarb the bud this long and make it into an edible it hits much harder, deeper and carries longer than buds decarbed the standard ways.

I probably have a few more gems tucked in the noggin, but that'll do for now. Have fun with it. :laughtwo:

Nice noggin. Glad you like to share! :thanks:

Peace. :peace:

IMG_64819.JPG

I've been playing with a drying technique developed by DrZiggy called "Low and Slow". The idea is to place the buds in jars with screened lids (I used silk) and set them into a frost-free refrigerator with temperature and humidity approx. the same at 39 degrees F (3.89 C) and humidity around 35%. Leave them there, undisturbed, for at least two weeks. Then gently bring them back to room temp and jar up as usual.

My latest CBD Critical Cure had a portion dried like this. I turned the rest of her into a potent Fresh-harvest oil that is the most powerful I've produced, but made sure to set this small amount aside to have on hand for vaping.

IMG_648211.JPG

This technique does a marvelous job of preserving the flavonoids and terpenes. There's virtually no loss in color and very little loss in smell. Once it came back to room temperature is was the same smell she had at harvest, less the wetness.

IMG_64839.JPG

IMG_64848.JPG

This is my test subject, and for a 2:1 CBD dominant she hits reeeeaaaaalllll nice. Not at all what I'd expect from a less-euphoric strain. I've smoked this strain before and this is more intense than that first experience. It's a very pleasant "isn't the world looking wonderful?" kind of high. Three hits on top of my morning capsule and I had to stop. :laughtwo:

IMG_648910.JPG

My plants become fresh harvest oil from this point on. The potency of this olive oil extraction rivals CCO, in my opinion, and doesn't require a solvent like ethanol, which can be rediculously expensive, if you can find it. What doesn't make it into the pot gets dried in the refrigerator for other uses.

I highly recommend this technique. What it must do to the medicinal value of my oils makes my head dance for joy. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Back
Top Bottom