CFL Lighting Help!

Autofacade

So my plant is in the process of budding. Currently running a 300w mars hydroLED but to give the buds a bit more light I have rigged up a 200w cfl dual light that was lying around. One side the elements are a blue white the other half a red hue. I have all the red side facing her. I've not really ever played with them properly. I have the light around 4" away from the plant.

At the moment the tent temp is at 28°c and holding thanks Christ! It has increased the tent temp by 5°c.

My question is. Have I got the light close enough or 2 far. Am I right by facing the red side to the plant for budding? What's the highest tempt I can have my tent cos this mofo is kicking out some heat!

Attachments

• 20190116_172936.jpg
    20190116_172936.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 20190116_174143.jpg
    20190116_174143.jpg
    637.6 KB · Views: 51
LED is suppose to be 12"-18" for flowering apparently according to mars hydro. And the CFL I thought had to be until you feel the warmth on the back of your hand that's how close it should be.

LED is suppose to be 12"-18" for flowering apparently according to mars hydro. And the CFL I thought had to be until you feel the warmth on the back of your hand that's how close it should be.
I have no experience with CFL, but I wouldn't want to add radiated heat to my plants unless it was below 65F/18C. As far as LED's, I would drop to 12" unless/until the plant starts to negatively react. Leaf burn is a good indicator for learning the efficacy range of your light (and not a fatal growing issue) When/if you see leaf burn just raise the light....

Back
Top Bottom