cfl or led in 2.5ft x 1.5ft x5ft

I can only speak for myself.

I had the same problem with heat when I was using cfls in the beginning. Honestly, I think I spent more on CFL bulbs, fixtures, material to make a hood, small lamps for side lighting etc. then both of my Mars II 400s. For me, the heat is lower, I don't need the side lighting because of the penetration I get with the LEDs and I am using 1/2 the electricity. It was a win win for me.

Thank you for that input supergroomer. The Mars II series is looking more attractive to me all the time. I get away from the heat because I keep the closet open all the time. Not an option for most growers, and not an optimal one for humidity control, but one that works for us. As soon as I have my tax refund in the bank it's going to an LED fixture. I've already warned the husband that it's all mine this year. As much as I've enjoyed the challenge of CFLs I'd be foolish not to upgrade to LED.

Gazzatron, I see no reason why a scrog wouldn't work well for you with CFLs. Then you can get them within 1 1/2" if you want. Just move them up every evening before lights out and readjust in the morning. Good luck with the misses. It's a noble hobby with tremendous benefits that go beyond enjoying the harvest. I've been swept away with the joy raising my plants brings. There's something special about these plants.

Back
Top Bottom