Cfl to led?

hey guys

im starting a new grow and i was going to have my mothers and clones under cfls, with my main lights being led for flower. i will be doing a short veg, maybe 2 weeks, and then moving into the flower tent (LED) to finish up. would this light switch confuse the girls?

Youre probably better off to grow the clones for least a month so they can establish themselves, and then switch from 18/6 or woteva to 12/12 and after a few days it should register to the plant that autumn is coming and to produce flowering hormones. I dont know for sure about the light spectrum difference between cfl's and LED lighting so i cannot fully answer that but i dont imagine there will be a problem..

I use 8 64w HO T5s for my veg and a 600w diamond series Advanced LED for my flower. No confusion, once they hit those LEDs and their 12/12 cycle they either shoot up or bush out really hard. I've been averaging about 2.5 oz dry weight per plant with 7 plants under a single 600w LED in 3 gal. pots. I had one chemo in a 5 gal that started getting huge then started showing some spider mites so I removed her and placed her outdoors. Fully expected to get closer to 5 oz. off of that girl, and I'll see how she does in a couple months outside. Point being, you should be fine.

I agree with Halfbreed they will have no problem at all adjusting but I am now all in with LED and my babies are doing WAY better under LED ... like twice the size!! so when you can, use LED for veg stage too.

I use 8 64w HO T5s for my veg and a 600w diamond series Advanced LED for my flower. No confusion, once they hit those LEDs and their 12/12 cycle they either shoot up or bush out really hard. I've been averaging about 2.5 oz dry weight per plant with 7 plants under a single 600w LED in 3 gal. pots. I had one chemo in a 5 gal that started getting huge then started showing some spider mites so I removed her and placed her outdoors. Fully expected to get closer to 5 oz. off of that girl, and I'll see how she does in a couple months outside. Point being, you should be fine.

halfbreed, how long did you veg for?

Back
Top Bottom