CFL's work just fine!

Incorrect, there is no ratio unfortunately. The reason for this is because when you harvest your crop there is no certain that 70% of the crop is moisture, if you used this method you could be overdrying wasting time ot worse under drying leaving moisture in buds that can turn into mold. Also smoking water vapor isnt good and makes for a terrible smoke in most cases. If you overdry bud, the safest way to moisten it back to avoid a harsh taste is to wrap it in lettuce.

Before you harvest you should not fertilize for at least 3 waterings additionally, you should not water 3-6 days before harvest. (depending on how quickly medium dries out. To ensure a good dry bud... hang buds upside down without major foliage removal for approximately a week until the buds feel crisp around the outside, do a better trimming, then place into containers without lids turning nugs frequently, at this point you will want to wait until the twig snaps.

I have 6x 45w cfl 150 equivelent..This is my first write..not sure where to ask my question..I can state this is the first time Ive used CFL I hav a descent Tree 1 inch trunk 7 weeks 5 foot tall veging 1 more week the pistols are out since last week 2 weeks of the pistols im going 12 12 this is my fist indoor grow....and not sure how the plant began i did not put a seed in the ground but i berries a Bud 4 weeks before just for fun and it seeded

The life cycle of cannabis starts at a seed and not a flower, so a seed in your buried nug resulted in the sprouting plant you now have.

I've had great luck with My CFL setup and won't ever change. I love the stealthiness, no heat, cheap to buy and operate, and damnit.... I get some great yields too. The key is making sure the p,ants are getting everything else they need for optimum growth. Like good airflow, proper nutes, the right amount of water, and rotation in the grow box to change the lighting pattern. Sure, friends I know that use HPS lights or whatever get larger buds and better lower bud light penetration but mine are just as dense and I have way less hassle to deal with.

For indoors and any kind of stealth situation CFLs are the way to go, IMO.
How many watts do you grow with. My first grow have everything sitting on front of me. Just can't decide how many lights. Was thinking 400 watts in 1 1/2 x 2 1/2
with 28,000 lumens. Think it will work.

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using 420

Thank you I have the 400 watts and all good supplies. Been studying last 3 months. With all you folks help. Something I knew nothing about and all yhr great info you all give. Thank you all

Sent from my SCH-R530X using 420

Yeah this is what im using and so far so good.
PIC_0051.JPG
PIC_00531.JPG

I have a similar setup. I'm thinking of drilling a few holes along the central axis to see if it will release some heat up towards my exhaust. My CFLs do produce a lot of heat, and even blowing air past the bulbs hasn't fixed all my heat removal problems. I'm using 8 bulbs using the same kind of reflector (4 sets of 2)

CFL's produce airy buds. Anyone wanting to grow top shelf should avoid.

Edit: I can already sense the hostility this post is going to create so let me rephrase that last statement... "The quality of CFL grows will never reach that of a MH/HID set up or LEDs in my opinion"

I agree 100% that you get denser, better buds with LED or MH/HID......BUT.......I recently had to eat those words when a friend of mine produced 3.25 ounces from a Norther Lights auto with only 4-23watt CFL bulbs. It took a painfully long 150 days and his buds were not frosty and sugary like mine. His plant was a little over 30 inches tall and the top "prime cuts" were some very dense nugs. The lowers, which accounted for about 1.5 oz were pretty fluffy....like cotton. If he would have lollipopped, he may have done better.

The more I grow, the more I know. The more I know, the more I realize that 95% of info available is more opinion than fact. The best thing a grower can do is develop a system that works and stick with it. It took me a little while, but I managed to get down to one plant at a time and am able to pull over 6oz per auto, in 4 gallon fabrics every 70-77 days. I use CFL for veg and LED for flower.

Best of luck
Schtiggy

Back
Top Bottom